Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Guy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,967 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ouverture CD clamper #125713
    Guy
    Moderator

    Sorry for reply in English!

    If you can hear the motor running, it could be a fault with the CD clamper belt – have a look at this video, the CD clamper belt is at 15:25:

    • This reply was modified 6 days ago by Guy.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Options Beosound 4 connected to BeoSound 5 via Masterlink #125655
    Guy
    Moderator

    I put this in the configuration tool and suggest the following:

    Try the BS5 in A.OPT 1 – I think it should auto-configure.

    And the BS4 in A.OPT 6.

    But the Config Tool does also say that if you want the BS4 to be the ‘audiomaster’ and only use BS5 for N.MUSIC/N.RADIO, then audiomaster YES/NO must be set to NO on the BS5 which then disables its OPTION settings.  I hope this makes sense!

     

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolab 3500 – no sign of life #125512
    Guy
    Moderator

    It sounds like the unit is faulty.  It could be worth going back to the seller to ask for a refund.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolab 3500 – no sign of life #125502
    Guy
    Moderator

    Hi Jonny and welcome to Beoworld!

    Even with nothing else connected, you should get at least a stand-by light, and the Timer light should come on also when you press the Timer button.

    I assume that the C7 lead has been checked with something else to prove the fuse in the plug is OK (if in UK), and that the C7 connector is pushed fully into the socket?

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125448
    Guy
    Moderator

    According to page 6 of this:  https://update.bang-olufsen.com/products

    … the latest version is 1.0.11.37484

     

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125446
    Guy
    Moderator

    Yes, I can control BV11 on BO app, but wife is not happy with phone controls:)

    I assume new beoremote1 displays with 4 buttons can be matched with old aluminum frames….I am still thk if I should buy a new beoremote 1 or just the display/buttons panel

    Have you searched the BV11’s menus for something that allows you to select a noo-navi remote? (as suggested by carolpa)

    Also, have you tried to update the TV’s software/firmware using the B&O app?

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125443
    Guy
    Moderator

    Have you tried my suggestion about controlling the TV using the B&O app?  Your TV will need to be connected to a network for this to work.

    If you do manage to connect to a network with internet access, you may be able to download a SW update for your TV that will then allow you to choose a ‘no navi button’ remote control option.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125439
    Guy
    Moderator

    No, all Beo4, Beolink 1000 and Beoremote One can actually control the BV11.

    It all depends on how the BV11 is setup. Look in the setup for the option to select the correct type of Beo4.

    I too thought that, but found this in a BV11-40 manual:

    Note that your Beo4 remote control
    must be set to mode 1. For more
    information, see the Beo4 online guide.
    You cannot use a Beo4 remote control
    without navigation button.

    So perhaps some SW versions did not have the facility to chose remotes with/without navi button.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125412
    Guy
    Moderator

    Is this considered to be the Beo 4 ‘with’ a navi button/joystick?

    No, that’s an earlier version.

    The navi one is the only Beo4 that you can set to Mode 1, and is on the far right of this picture: (click to enlarge – you can see the ‘joystick’ in place of the GO button of the earlier versions)

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Guy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Guy.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125406
    Guy
    Moderator

    Having re-read your first post I think thatyou have an early Beo4 without a navi button (joystick).

    As far as I am aware. the BV11 is designed to be used with the Beo4 with navi button only.  (Unless there was a sw version that allowed you to go into the settings an chose ‘no navigation button’, as there is in older TVs)

    A possible workaround:  If your BV11 is connected to your home network you could try using the B&O app to control the tv.

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Guy.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beo4 for BV11 #125405
    Guy
    Moderator

    For the navi remote (with joystick)

    > Press and hold the standby button down.
    > Press LIST to get access to the Beo4 setup function.
    > Let go of both buttons. ADD? appears in the display.
    > Press LIST or ^ to display ZONE?, CONFIG? or MODE? on Beo4.
    > Press the centre button to select the setup you want.
    > Press up or down arrow to display the setting you want on Beo4.
    > Press the centre button to store the configuration.
    > STORED appears, indicating that the configuration has been stored.
    Long press on BACK will leave the setup.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Mounting a Beovision 10 to a motorised stand #125319
    Guy
    Moderator

    Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

    Your photo shows a BV10-40 or 10-46, I am not sure which.  Either way, even if you had the correct ‘spider’ piece (labelled 9517 in the diagram) which fits onto the back of the BV10 ready for stand-mounting, the black holder piece at the top of your current stand is too wide to fit into the slot.  On the proper stand (see below) the part labelled 9515 is narrower.

    Diagram is from the service manual (full manual available on site to Silver/Gold Members): (click to enlarge)

    I would look for a second-hand BV10 stand – they do come up on the usual sites very occasionally!

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: How come the 2012 – 2020 forum is unavailable? #124921
    Guy
    Moderator

    Sorry for delay – I’ll contact Mark and ask asap

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Qualified B&O technicians #124867
    Guy
    Moderator

    Hi Mike and welcome to Beoworld!

    Could you let us all know roughly whereabouts in North America you are looking?  It may help to narrow down the location. Thanks!

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 fully repaired! #124861
    Guy
    Moderator

    Great news – have fun controlling your BC9500.  Now you can do exciting things like 7-day timer programming, I think!

    I will be storing skolesen’s details for when my BL5000 inevitably needs repair.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: B&O Avant DVD CRT TV HDMI to RGB SCART connection? #124823
    Guy
    Moderator

    The TV’s camcorder input will accept composite signals, so the adaptor that you linked to should provide Composite video, Left and Right audio via the yellow, white and red phono/cinch output sockets.  The camcorder input should also accept S-video, which should give better picture quality than composite.

    But I think (from searching AI) that the Bang & Olufsen BeoVision Avant did also support S-Video signals via its SCART connections.  Hence if you want to use SCART and want to use the adaptor to which you linked, you will also need a further S-video to SCART connector.  As far as I know, the SCART pins used are an industry standard, but you may need to check which of the TV’s SCART sockets will accept S-video input – from memory I don’t think that they all do.

    Hopefully someone else will add more specific advice – I only have distant memories of trying similar with a Beovision 3.

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: BeoCom earset identification help #124740
    Guy
    Moderator

    50 – you need Beohelp 😂

    I agree – it got a little out of hand once I had a few.  I just need a house with lots of rooms, and a second-hand PABX exchange … 😉

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: BeoCom earset identification help #124700
    Guy
    Moderator

    Oh YES! I’ve just read your other message! The Serene, of course!

    Thank you SO MUCH – you’re absolutely right 🌟

    I really appreciate your help. Very best wishes to you 😊

    No problem – very happy to help!

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: BeoCom earset identification help #124699
    Guy
    Moderator

    You probably posted prior to seeing my second post.  THanks for the extra pictures – I think we can safely say that it’s for B&O’s Serene mobile.

    Feel free to post for sale in our ‘For Sale’ pages here:  https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/forum/beoworld-for-sale-wanted/beoworld-private-sales/

    There might be a Serene collector or owner out there on Beoworld!  I have about fifty B&O landlines but am forbidden from collecting more phones or accessories!

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: BeoCom earset identification help #124693
    Guy
    Moderator

    Further searching to satisfy my own curiousity has come up with this:  https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/4473492178/bang-olufsen-1114895-earset-1-mobile

    Have a look at the  7th picture showing a close up of the connector.  If it matches yours then it’s ‘Earset 1 wired for B&O’s Serene mobile’

    Serene was a joint venture with Samsung, hence the strange connector.

    The funny thing is that I have a broken Serene in a box somewhere – if it was to hand then I probably could have answered a little quicker!

    Good luck with the sale!

    Location: Warwickshire, UK

    My B&O Icons:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,967 total)