Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
carolpaBRONZE MemberI am asking a question? ‘Looking for answers?
@MM,
He is not looking for answers!
The only answer he want to read is a confirmation of his findings and his opinions.
He seems biased!
So better stop responding all together.
carolpaBRONZE Member carolpaBRONZE MemberNo to the Overture. If I connected to the BLC Overture how would I listen to local Overture sources? Paul
goto the app select the Ouverture BLC, start a source of the Ouverture in the app.
But this is presumably also a reason for the need of an IR-eye.or
start Ouverture source on Core and expand/join the Ouverture BLC
Note: the best way to use the BLC’s to connect ML-devices to NL is if one does not connect any speakers on the ML side. Then one can add several ML-systems to ones NL-system (that is what I do (5 ML-systems), with one exception and that is a BV10-32 with BL8000 connected).
NEW idea:
I presume the Ouverture is in a different room: connect the speakers to the Ouverture, if possible put the Ouverture in option 6, set the BLC in option VMaster (or leave it as ASlave). Than it should be possible to start the CD (f.e.) with the remote.
To start the a source of the BM7000 on the Ouverture: start this source on the Core and expand to the Ouverture or give a JOIN command to the Ouverture. carolpaBRONZE Member carolpaBRONZE MemberI don’t have any IR-eyes connected to the BLCs.
I tried ASLAVE and got this
and this for the IR mapping.Nothing linked at all. I modified the TX mapping to what it should be from the other BLC and still nothing worked. So I reverted to VMASTER and all the NL sources could bplayed.
If I play a source from the Core and then via the App change what the core is playing to a BM7000 source that then plays on the Overture, with the only drawback that it is then audible on the speaker attached to the Core. So I can achieve what I need via this workaround.
Thanks for you help.
Paul
Just to be sure: the speakers are connected to the Ouverture BLC and not the Ouverture itself?
You want to listen to the Main BLC connected BM7000 on the Ouverture. If the Ouverture BLC is set as V.Master AND the speakers are connected to the Ouverture the CD command will introduce a conflict. Which one should be started, the Ouverture CD or the CD connection to the BM7000?That’s why I propose to set the Ouverture BLC as ASlave. This mean that on the NL-side the ML connected sources can be played. On the ML-side NOTHING from NL can be played!
But if you want to listen in this setup to NL sources or BM7000 sources, THAN you must have the speakers connected to the Ouvertuere BLC and NOT the Ouverture itself.The “problem” is how can this Ouverture BLC JOIN the BS Core. For sure this is possible if an IR-eye (the appropiate one) is connected to the Ouverture BLC. The other way: expanding the BS Core to the Ouverture BLC should work (but this I’m not sure will work}.
So it should work this way:
- you have setup the Main BLC as proposed (please confirm)
- you have setup the Beosound Core as proposed (please confirm)
- you have setup the Ouverture BLC as proposed and discussed above.
- start a ML source of the BM7000 on the BS Core (BR1 BT or B&o app)
- expand the BS Core to the Ouverture BLC or JOIN the Ouverture BLC
carolpaBRONZE Member carolpaBRONZE MemberI would set your system as follow:
- Beovision Eclipse with speakers
- BLC – ML connected to T1611 – PL/DL connected to BM7000
BLC set as VMaster – IR option 2 – Friendly in NL to “BS7000 BLC” (just to identify)
Check the boxes of the CD, A.Mem, N.Radio in “Experience mapped to NL” – you can rename f.e. CD to cd7000 and N.Radio to ph7000 (if existing in your setup). - BLC with PL speakers connected (instead of the Ouverture) – ML connected – BS Ouverture
BLC set as ASlave – IR option 2 – Friendly in NL to “Ouverture BLC”
Connect the/a IR eye
Check the boxes of the CD, A.Mem in “Experience mapped to NL” – you can rename f.e. CD to cd3000 and A.Mem to tape3000 (if existing in your setup). - I presume you have a Beosound Core (black) ant NOT the Beoconnect Core (white).
open the B&o app – select the Beosound Core – select Settings; Configure; Settings; Beolink; Link to other products; “connect to primay” set to the BS7000 BLC; the secundary to the BS3000 BLC (dont forget the Connect button with both)
go 3 pages back – select Your Content; sources; in local list; check the boxes of all sources to be visible on the Beosound Core; Save - Now the sources are integrated as sources of the Beosound Core and can be started on the Beosound Core. Then they can be expanded to the BV Eclipse and the BS3000 BLC.
Note:
- To expand to the BS3000 BLC, I’m not sure but I expect you need an additional IR-eye connected to this BLC, to join the sources of the Eclipse and the Beosound Core (try without first though).
- The use of a IR remote can be tricky (Beo4 / BR1 in IR mode). You have two CD players as sources, but the IR gives the CD command but is not clear which CD it should start. So if you want to use a BR1 to controll everything be aware that you only can have 1 programmed as CD, 1 as ATape (=AMem), 1 as Phono (=N.Radio), 1 as ATape2 (=N.Music) and 1 as A.Aux.
- when you solemnly use the app or a Halo or you have the BR1 bluetooth connected to the Beosound Core it should be fine. You will get all the Beosound Core sources available (also the onces set from the BLC’s).
carolpaBRONZE MemberThey are sold at 50,000 GBP as “wireless” speakers. To try to argue that that has conditions is really pathetic!
I had a Core. That worked flawlessly, Now replaced with a connect core. Nothing but connection issues!
You ask why Bluetooth? That is the way the connect core is designed to receive music? How else? Or am I missing something?
Again, I’m not ridiculing your arguments, I only give other arguments, my arguments. I do not have your experiences and my equipment (a lot) does as expected and does it extremely well.
I’m not going to argue about bluetooth and sound quality, find out for yourself. Furtheron it is not the only way to stream. There are better ways.
Hopefully you’ll find a way to get everything working the way it should and can, succes!
-
This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by
carolpa.
carolpaBRONZE MemberI went back to the manual, and took my own advice about Option setting. Setting the Overture to audio option 6 removed the need for the AV command. Still no ability to play BM7000 sources from the Overture.
Paul
Please answer my questions op part 1.
But do I understand this correctly you want to listen to an Ouverture source on the BM7000?
carolpaBRONZE MemberWhen I first got my Beovision Eclipse I was told by B&O that the only way to play BM7000 sources on the Eclipse was to physically connect the Eclipse and the BM7000 which I did for a while. Then @millemissen pointed Eclipse is an NL product and it should just work.
It did but not the way expected, if I select Radio via the Beo4 the Eclipse just plays the Radio. I do not see the 2 overlapping squares and Radio on the Beoremote. I have since added a Beosound Core to the system and that works as expected.
Do you use a Beo4 with the Eclipse? Does it realy work or do you have actually a Beoremote One?
The JOIN command is equeal to the overlapping squares.Well that was the case until I added another NL/ML converter, thanks to Multicare who repaired it for me. Now pressing Radio on the Beo4 switches the radio on but it doesn’t play through the Eclipse. I have to Join the Eclipse and it works fine. The second converter is connected to a Beosound Overture.
I have some more queries about the setup of the second converter which I shall post separately.
Any ideas what has happened. I did earlier in the week have problems with the Sound centre disconnecting from the LG TV twice and needing to power down and back to restore the connection
Regards Paul
So your setup is
- Eclipse (with Beolabs/speakers connected)
- Beosound Core (with speakers connected) is one or both BLC set as primary en secundairy products set? Or not at all?
- Beolink NL/ML converter (BLC) and ML connected to a T1611 converter PL/DL connected to a Beomaster 7000; speakers connected to the BM7000 or Core?)
- BLC with Ouverture ML connected; speakers connected to the BLC or Ouverture?
Please answer the questions to get a appropiate advice in your second post.
Note: the BM7000 and Ouverture Radio in principle will not be working anymore in the NL.
carolpaBRONZE MemberI feel the pain of NL/ML convertors, I have 3. TBH the best thing I ever did was throw it at chatgpt and ask it how to configure the NL/Convertors. I said what was in each room, what I wanted to listen too and after a few queries it told me exactly how to configure them to work properly.
And where do you think the origin of Chatgpt knowledge lies 😁
But in my experience with B&o in Chatgpt, Chatgpt regular gives you info which is 80% correct but 20% bollocks. For example it recently told me that the Emerge, the A5, the Level and the A9 have (cabled) PL connections .
carolpaBRONZE MemberThanks both; sorry I should have explained why I was considering the Powerlink switch option in more detail.
I already have my Beosound 9000 connected to my Beovision 11 via a Beolink Converter NL/ML, and it works. My speakers are connected to the TV and are all assigned roles, working in surround when watching TV, and in stereo when listening to audio.
The problem is though – its starts so slowly! When I want to listen to an audio source such as CD, I have to wait a full minute for the TV to start up before I hear any music.
Setting quick start timers for the TV doesn’t work for me either – there seems to be some strange compatibility issue when using Mk2 Powerlink with the TV. If I set the TV to quick start, then my Beolab 3000 speakers always stay switched on – they don’t go into standby when the TV is on standby. They only go into standby if I don’t use quick start timers.
That’s why I considered a Powerlink switch. That way I could connect the TV and the BS9000 separately to my speakers, and when I listen to an audio source, the TV would not need to start up, so I won’t have to wait!
There is also another couple of potential advantages to this:
Beolab 3000 displays: Connected to my TV the displays on my Beolab 3000 only display ‘TV’ and the volume, regardless of what source is active. If I connect my BS9000 to the speakers via a Powerlink switch, I’ll see actual audio sources, track numbers, radio preset numbers on those displays.
Beolink Converter Issues: The BLC is a clever thing to be sure, but it can sometimes behave a bit unpredictably. With a Powerlink switch, I don’t think I’d have any need to use the BLCAs @carolpa makes clear though, Powerlink only carried L/R signals so I’d need two Powerlink switches, not just one, so I’ll have to give it some thought.
Note:
- the BS9000 displays the source, volume adjustments, etc also
- it will be a hassle, with possible mistakes to switch two PL-switches.
- no advantages of the audioengine of the BV11
- BLC once set correct, it is actual quite stable to use. (I use 6 in my setup at the moment)
- Not sure with the BV11, but are the displays of the BL3000 not shut-off is the switch is set to Audio (in the presumtion you have them set to Video)?
- Potential problems with the BS9000 because a PL cable is connected – OR – not………… what will be the effect??
- How about the remote control commands? I think the new problems arising could be worse than the 1 minute wait.
I’m curious how your new setting will work……. suprise me😆
I sooner would skip the BLC and PL connect the BS9000 to a LineIn of the BV11, than to install the PL-switches. But still you would end up with waiting times of the BV11 (but maybe shorter) and an interesting Remote setting.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by
carolpa.
carolpaBRONZE MemberBut they have been LAN wired connected. It is no different! So no. That is not the issue!
I feel you are now trying to make excuses? Every other B&O speaker sold also has a LAN connection. It is never required over a wireless connection!
ALL my other wireless connected appliences work 100% with no failures whatsoever. Yet all I get is “your connection is at fault” over these speakers? NO! That is not acceptable.
And here is another one…
App update done today and many, not all, sound settings reset to zero again! Everytime!
Just a horrible piece of equipment to live with!
No excuses at all,
but these “wireless” speakers can be interpreted two ways. My way (wireless PL) works flawless, your’s (wireless sources) not.
I can’t speak about your equipment (partial) because I do have most others. But my equipment is nor horrible, it is in general terrific.
- did you set or ever tried to set static IP addresses for Core and/or BL50?
- Beosystem 7000 is connected and works flawless
- Beoconnect Core is USB connected and works fine (in response to my post)
- the Halo seems to work fine also (but it works through IP not bluetooth)
- Do you have a Beoconnect or Beosound Core? or both (one time you name it Beosound the other time Beoconnect)
- There is a flaw in Mozart devices: if I try to stream DNLA music to BL8 and/or BL28 often the sources do not start. maybe the same type of problem as you have?? But I use a work around (easy with an exess of equipment).
- I do have several BR1 BT, none of them hardly did ever lose its connection. Is the BR1 close enough? Is the BR1 not been set to connect to another device (easy to have and most pleople do not notice and most people didn’t notice that the did set it this way)?
- The B&o app: the BL50 part can be flawed or not, but I simply can’t know and say anything about it. But it seems the origin for most of your ploblems. For my setup it works fine (again).
What I do not understand in your use: why use bluetooth to stream music to quality speakers.
carolpaBRONZE MemberIf I connect Powerlink speakers in series to a single Powerlink connection on my Beovision 11-46 TV, will the TV still recognise each individual speaker in the series, and be able to send a separate signal to each?
I want to buy a Powerlink switch so that when I am listening to audio sources, I don’t need to use my Beovision 11-46 TV at all. It takes too long to start up, and only displays simple info in the LED displays on my Beolab 3000 speakers.
As well as the Beolab 3000, I have a Beolab 2 sub with a pair of Beolab 3 connected to it. That therefore works as a surround sound setup when watching video sources, or stereo when listening to audio sources.
If I wanted to use a Powerlink switch to switch inputs between my Beovision 11-46 and my Beosound 9000, could I do this with only one Powerlink switch, with all of my speakers connected in series, or would I need two Powerlink switches one for the BL3000 and another for the BL2/3? Would my TV be able to assign the right roles to all 5 speakers if they were connected in series to a single PL output?
Just hoping I can save a bit of money by buying one Powerlink switch instead of two really!
One Powerlink cable supports two signals (left/right). So one will not do.
Hold on to your setting! It will be easier to handle and give you even more flexibility by programming the BV11 with different kind of speaker settings (and is cheaper). The BS9000 output through the BV11 could be “upsampled” to surround. You can set the system to listen through the BV11 only in stereo to the BL3000 or only to the BL3 or to double stereo with the BL3000/BL3, you could use the BL2 in these settings by programming the BV11 or use it not……….. And all can selected with a remote.
These capabilities you will loose just while using switches.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by
carolpa.
carolpaBRONZE MemberI do need to emphasize something here…..
All these modern B&O speakers are sold as wireless speakers! That is their primary source. Any wired connection is only “old tech” secondary.
So before anyone makes a critisism of the wireless situation try reading the B&O sales literature?
Before my dealer closed I discussed some sort of exchange of my Beolab 50’s for Beolab 28’s just to escape this crazy situation?
They responded that the Beolab 28’s are even worse!
I interpret the wireless completely different. I do have BL8, BL18 and BL28. The later two are wireless connected to a BV Harmony. And both working perfectly together with the Harmony…….. So no PL cables; this in my opinion that are wireless speakers.
Note: the BL8 and BL28 are LAN connected. I’m old school: if possible I make a wired connection! Thus I do not have any reference of the wireless sources capabilities of my BL8 and BL28.
Two Beoplay M3 and an A6, wireless connected to my network, are working without any hassle though.Note: this is just an additions that it is possible to operate these devices, but not that it makes your system any better, sorry.
carolpaBRONZE MemberThe issue is one of connectivity… always with everything B&O these days!
My beosystem 7000 is wired to Beolab 50’s. That all works on demand except… trying to control the Beolabs via the app. It has improved over the years but is still very much hit and miss. My dealer and B&O kept blaming my internet. Total rubbish! I have changed providers 3 times and with 3 different routers and it all made no difference. I always blamed their useless app. Over the years the app has improved and so has the connectivity. case closed. But it still fails at an unacceptable failure rate! Both wired and wireless, makes no difference! Last night it failed.
There is a Beoconnect Core wired to the Beolab 50’s with a USB connection. The Bluetooth continually fails. Even half way through playing a track! And it refuses to reconnect. Hours and hours spent trying to reconnect… no way! Come back tomorrow?…. it is now connected!
My dealer has been next to useless as has B&O themselves and now the dealer has closed.
The frustration level would be through the roof with any system giving this amount of grief but with such an expensive product it is completely unacceptable?
Oh.. forgot to mention the Beomemote one BT that keeps losing bluetooth connection with both the Beoconnect Core and a Beosound M5. It still says it is paired but it does nothing. It needs rebooting everytime!
- I do not have and have less knowledge of the BL50, but if I understood it correct the Beoconnect Core and the Beosystem 7000 are at the same time connected, correct?
- Wired connection working good, correct? Aswell the USB-core-BL50, as the PL Beomaster 7000 to BL50 connections?
- B&0 app does not seem to work correctly, could you elaborate what you want to achieve and what goes wrong?
- No Bluetooth connection what so ever. Could you tell something about the surroundings of the BL50, all devices in the neighbourhood, microwaves etc? Or sources outside your home?
- Additional question: why use bluetooth? For streaming Music?
- What type of music file formats are in general streamed to the BL50? MP3, Flac, DSD, DOP, PCM, or….?
please, presumably difficult and understandable, but try to be informative and not frustrated 😏
carolpaBRONZE Memberif your setup doesn’t work as expected, for sure it can be extremely frustrating and you should ventilate it.
but this forum can often help to release some steam and solve (some of) the problems. So maybe an idea to explain more in detail your setup and the problems.
carolpaBRONZE MemberAnd now something complete different:
I have 3 Mozart, 12 ASE (BLC included) products with several BLC integrated ML products (beosystem 7000, beosystem 4500, beocenter 2, beosound 3000, bevision 10-32) combined with beolabs (3 to 8000 and numbers in between).
And all are working and all are working together!
Not because I need it, but simple because it can. Foremost: simply because it works.
carolpaBRONZE Membercarolpa wrote:
No, all Beo4, Beolink 1000 and Beoremote One can actually control the BV11.It all depends on how the BV11 is setup. Look in the setup for the option to select the correct type of Beo4.
I too thought that, but found this in a BV11-40 manual:Note that your Beo4 remote control
must be set to mode 1. For more
information, see the Beo4 online guide.
You cannot use a Beo4 remote control
without navigation button.So perhaps some SW versions did not have the facility to chose remotes with/without navi button.
That seems peculiar………. how about the BR1: no navi button.
And the 46 and 55, for sure had the option to select the remote, when I had these Beovisions.I think he should try to set the BV11 to non-navi button and the Beo4 to mode 1 (if these older Beo4 do have these settings) and try the Beo4 OR set the BV11 to Beoremote One and try the Beo4.
But keep the BV11 option to 1 or 2 (and thus the Beo4 settings in the BV11, if asked, also).Note: does he have a Beovision 11 for sure?? Or does he have a Beovision 14??
carolpaBRONZE MemberSuddenly I understood what you meant:
You are setting the BV11 options to 1, 2 or 4.
With 4 they are not dead but they should give a additional “LINK” command. The remotes should be set to do this.
You should go, to choose the right Beo4, to the second picture of my previous post.
Leave the option of the tv in option 1 or 2!
-
AuthorPosts