BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Viewing 11 posts - 401 through 411 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK
      • Topics Started 16
      • Total Posts 1,047

Excellent work – you must have kept comprehensive notes from all the testing that you have been doing, and it’s great to see it presented so clearly!

In the New Year I will have a more comprehensive look through all the combinations, but I really should prioritise looking for a new house to buy so I can settle down and use some of these setups for real.

Many thanks indeed for putting these together for the benefit of all!

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 52
        • Total Posts 623

Excellent work – you must have kept comprehensive notes from all the testing that you have been doing, and it’s great to see it presented so clearly!

Actually my notes was mostly the thread and in my head. Although I had to do some retesting when I began making the drawings as some questions regarding specific option settings and details like that arrised.

In the New Year I will have a more comprehensive look through all the combinations, but I really should prioritise looking for a new house to buy so I can settle down and use some of these setups for real.

Hope you do find a place with lots of extra rooms to enjoy your collection of B&O gear. You may need a seperate room just for your Beolink 1000 and BEO4 collection ?

Many thanks indeed for putting these together for the benefit of all!

No problem. Been meaning to do that for a while now. Also makes it easier to explain these unofficial setups to others

silou
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 18

Joke aside, one thing we haven’t discussed about the use of the 1611 in this thread is how it could be used with a Beosound with Masterlink. It would probably give an extra aux input with a video command. But could it also give an extra sound input, or will the Beosound just open it’s integrated aux input regardless of audio command that is not integrated for example N.music?

Yes that would be a useful experiment, especially for one of the many BeoSounds with only one AUX socket (eg Ouverture), or with no datalink (eg BS9000 or BS3000/3200).

BS9000 has no datalink on the aux connector. But the powerlink connector has data (DL86?) on pin 6.

What do you think ?

pestria
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 8

Hi

Your examples are great – really helpful – thank you.

Your 8th .pdf shows a Beomaster 4500 in a link room connected with a special aux cable – I assume this works as a slave unit only.

Would this setup work with any other audio products that would normally be an audio master, eg Beocenter 9500?

Thanks

Alan

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 52
              • Total Posts 623

Hi again Sorry – I might not have been clear on my earlier post. I wonder the a Beoceter 9500 could be used as the slave unit instead of the Beomaster 4500? Thanks Alan

No unfortunately not. The first software versions of the Beomaster 4500 is the only units I know that are able to get the right option settings to works as a slave unit.

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark
                • Topics Started 52
                • Total Posts 623

Did somebody test 1611 with a beomaster 5 to get AUX-in? I`d like to connect a beogram 5500.

The Beomaster 5 I have is dead, so haven’t been able to test this scenario. However I can’t see no reason it shouldn’t work as it would be the same as having the Beomaster 5 and an other Beomaster/Beosound/Beocenter in the same masterlink network.

Is Datalink to control beogram also supported?

To control a Beogram you would also need a MCL2AV. The setup would be much like usecase 5 from my earlier post https://beoworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Beolik-Converter-Usecases-5.pdf

Not sure how the option settings on the Beomsater 5 should be as I have yet to use one.

Note that if a MCL2AV is used the Beogram is connected to the CD connection and controlled with the CD command. That is however a good thing as the phono command is the same as N.MUSIC and would introduce a conflict.

pepps
                GOLD Member
                  • Kent, UK
                  • Topics Started 26
                  • Total Posts 127

Hello,
                  I’d like to hop on to this thread if I may and ask for some advice.

Main room:
                  BV7-40 >> masterlink to 1611 >> datalink to Tape2/Aux and powerlink to powerlink on BM3500.

Kitchen:
                  connected to BM3500 via MCL xtra speakers kit to two Beovox 1702s.

Scenario: I can activate the tv tuner in the BV from the kitchen on a Beolink 1000 by pressing AV, Satellite. I use this frequently to listen to digital radio via the BV.
                  I can activate all musical sources from the BM3500 without issue.
                  The problem is I have an Amazon Firestick connected via HDMI to the BV under the button ‘TV’. I can cast music from my phone to the firestick – it shows the devices are connected and that a file is playing. But when I press AV, TV on the Beolink 1000 I don’t get the sound from the Firestick. I don’t get any sound at all.

If I go upstairs to the main room and press ‘TV’ on the Beo4, the BV wakes up and displays the firestick with the music file playing. At this point the sound comes through the kitchen speakers. From this point forward I mute the BV picture, mute the main room sound and go back downstairs to play music in the kitchen.

So why can’t I just activate ‘TV’ from the kitchen with AV, TV on the Beolink 1000?

When it works it’s a great way to enjoy my Youtube music account. I was wondering if any other Beoworlders were using the same process and if there’s a workaround to get the link aspect to work a little more efficiently. I’m probably benefitting from the exercise of running up and down the stairs but it’s a faff when I just want to cook dinner and play some music.

Any ideas always welcomed and appreciated.

Kind regards,

Julian

pepps
                  GOLD Member
                    • Kent, UK
                    • Topics Started 26
                    • Total Posts 127

Hi Beohacker,

Thanks for your reply. It’s a mk5 type 9644. The HDMI inputs do allow digital audio via masterlink because the firestick, internal tuner and bluray audio can all be played in the link room.
                    My issue is with activating the ‘TV’ input from the link room.

Julian

B3OHACK3R
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 7
                      • Total Posts 61

internal tuner and bluray audio can all be played in the link room.

While internal bluray and internal tuner are connected via HDMI as well – internally they are also wired with an analog audio (and video as well) path. If you connect an external source via HDMI only you will also have to connect the audio in analog form. Locally the HDMI audio always has priority but in the link system the analog input is used then.

It’s a mk5 type 9644

In the BV7-40 the feature you are looking for was only introduces with the MK6 version.

B3OHACK3R
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 7
                        • Total Posts 61

Thank you! I really appreciate your help (thumbs up)!

Sure, no problem. Maybe let us know here if you got any further with that issue then.

matador
                          • Paris France
                          • Topics Started 48
                          • Total Posts 689

Here you have: Beolab 3500 with Beolink Converter 1611-Dual sources setup

Picture updated with correct wiring for 40+ people !          😉

Viewing 11 posts - 401 through 411 (of 411 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.