Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

Too bad… Thanks Guy.

matador
        • Paris France

Still investigating…

OneRemote sells a Radio Multi Receiver that connects to a Masterlink installation through a 1611 converter. But depending on the cable used to connect it to the converter, it seems it appears as audio source or video source. Cables are VSNUT and ASNUT. Cables being all the same price I wonder if it’s a marketing trick or if there simply something in the socket, like a resistor between the two datalink pins, that fools the converter.

Another lead: connecting it to an Audio Unit like Guy suggested, let him autoconfig and power it off. Then connect it to the Beolab 3500 but without letting him autoconfig, which would be something like powering the converter first and the Beolab after…

Will try this tomorrow and report.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

Cables are VSNUT and ASNUT. Cables being all the same price I wonder if it’s a marketing trick or if there simply something in the socket, like a resistor between the two datalink pins, that fools the converter.

I’ve often wondered about those two cables! I have a OneRemote internet radio and considered connecting it to my BV10-32 via a 1611 converter. Their website suggests that an ASNUT cable is required, but I really don’t understand why I can’t connect it straight to a 1611’s AUX socket.

If I can find my 1611, an ML cable and an AUX cable I may experiment in the coming days!

matador
            • Paris France

If I can find my 1611

It’s in a box somewhere….     😉

Science project for both of us!

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK

Yes indeed! I may as well open a few of those boxes as we are not moving house imminently – waiting for house prices to fall further before we buy …

I added those ASNUT and VSNUT cables to a basket at OneRemote but they wanted €72 postage to UK!!!

As an aside, did you ever here further from francoisvl?  His post suggested a ‘one button’ solution. https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-how-to-fix-ml-input-selection/#post-4665

Could be worth a PM if he is not often on the forum.

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK

As an aside, with your Beo4 you can probably also add ‘A DVD2’ or ‘A V.AUX’ to the LIST button, and then use to turn on the BL3500.  This may give you something more acceptable than TV on the BL3500 screen!

matador
                  • Paris France

I will try to message FrançoisVL.

About OneRemote VSNUT, ASNUT (but there is also LSNUT and PCSNUT…) cables, I may be wrong but I doubt the cable will change something unless it is related with something inside their radio device. I mean how can anything  that fit inside those plugs change four times the behavior of a cable and moreover without anyone on Beoworld knowing this?

Yes, having say A.V.AUX on the screen would be better than TV. But the source being in the Beo4 virtual button list defeat the whole purpose of a “one key start”. The screen will display what it will display: it will never be AIRPLAY or MUSIC, and if TV keeps showing up, I’ll rather put a black strip inside the display cover which would be a shame because I find this dotted display gorgeous.

I believe they’re is enought knowledge in this forum to hack that speaker: remember a member (maybe Keith?) that corrupts an ouverture firmware to make it display IPOD instead of A.AUX? Or that guy that upgrade a full white Beomaster 7000 with Airplay, Bluetooth, DAB+ and I dont know whats more, all in an perfectly integrated pizza box element? Or more recently, Pilatomic bringing back the Beolink 5000 from outer world ? Old times…

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

A late night thought:  Are you 100% sure that the BL3500 is going into L.OPT 6?  Is there feedback in the display?

If not, are you sure that the BL3500 is in ML mode?  Press MENU MENU  0 9 GO* then use up down arrow to select the ML option and press GO again.  Power down for 5 mins then re-do L.OPT 6 setting.

(*  Might be MENU MENU 9 GO – without the extra 0 before 9)

matador
                      • Paris France

When I first tried it was in option 6: only AV+TV did work.
                      Then I tried Opt 4 or 5 cant remember and it did work the same way. I think I let it like that. I will check.

Regarding ML or MCL mode does this apply even to MK2 speakers?

Keith Saunders
                      FOUNDER Member
                        • Hampshire, England

Gentlemen,

I have not read the whole of this thread, but there is an undocumented option (Menu Menu 0 4 Play) which shows “PL SELECT” in the display and opens the PL port! You can have the 3500 playing from the PL socket from a Beosound 9000 or iPhone (ie. no Powerlink trigger needed) etc..
                        Keith

matador
                          • Paris France

Hi Keith, thank you for chiming in.
                          That’s what I’m trying to avoid because for daily use this is not convenient.

matador
                            • Paris France

Ok, Morning Report:

Have connected My Beosound 2300 to the 1611 converter through a 7 pin DIN wire.
                            Powered up everything and after that the converter. At first it did not do anything, no rectin from the remote from the L.OPT 6 Beolab 3500 and of course none from A.OPT 0 BS2300.

Tried frenetically a random sequence of  power down power up etc, still nothing.

Then I tried to put everything in its previous state, meaning:
                            – Unplug everything from power.
                            – Unplug DIN and Masterlink,
                            – Plug back Masterlink only,
                            – Start the 3500 with AV+TV.

Then I plugged back the DIN and “Pouf” it all worked as I believe it should, that is as it did work with a masterlink connection between my Ouverture and the 3500: source selection and volume control.

WIth the belief the converter was somehow “autoconfigured” in some sort of AUDIO mode, I un plugged power from the converter, the speaker, then unplugged the DIN, Plugged back an ordinary iPod cable, then power to the converter and finally power to the speaker.

And guess what? i saved a key! Now the speaker starts, still with a video source key (TV, SAT, V.TAPE, CDV…), but without the need to press the AV key before. Just what I was looking for.

After unplugging it all from mains and plug it back the same way: it work again with direct key selection.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help.

Guy
                              • Warwickshire, UK

And guess what? i saved a key! Now the speaker starts, still with a video source key (TV, SAT, V.TAPE, CDV…), but without the need to press the AV key before. Just what I was looking for.

Great news – let’s hope it stays that way!

PS: With ref to your earlier question:

Regarding ML or MCL mode does this apply even to MK2 speakers?

I did reply earlier but it disappeared! Yes I think it does apply to Mk2 speakers. I stumbled upon this thread with the help of Google Translate: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/45513/329811.aspx

matador
                                • Paris France

Yes I think it does apply to Mk2 speakers.

I forgot to mention that part: yes it works. But what is the purpose of that command?
                                I think I’ve read something like “it allows to switch between MCL mode and ML mode” but that would apply to MK1 and LCS9000 units. On MK2 that has only ML and a frustrating useless Powerlink socket, what would be the use of turning off Masterlink?

Guy
                                  • Warwickshire, UK

On MK2 that has only ML and a frustrating useless Powerlink socket, what would be the use of turning off Masterlink?

I think that in some setups (with Wireless 1) you are suppose to connect via the 8-pin plug. The Mk2 service manual mentions this, without calling it MCL. I will see if it is mentioned in the PCG.

EDIT:  There is also this text, Google translated from one of RaMaBo’s posts in that earlier thread I mentioned:

The 8 pin DIN connector may also be an MCL connector if the BL3500 has been updated with a new software version! Then there is an MCL connection electrically, but technically a PowerLink connection for the software! The PL Connector will then not work properly! This can be recognized by the serial number of the BL3500: from SN.19343452 it is really a BeoLab 3500 MKII, before that an MKI with a physical MCL connection! Unfortunately, both sockets look identical.

Hence different behaviours for different software versions of Mk2.

matador
                                    • Paris France

This still remain a mystery: how could the Powerlink work with wireless 1 and not with a true Powerlink connection. Not to mention that the wireless 1 only talks about Masterlink connection not Powerlink.

Retreive the MCL Behavior with a MK2 BL3500 could be interesting.
                                    I’ve talked with a member of Reddit who use is Beolab 3500 daily with only a DIN connection with a 5V trigger. His Beolab is a MK1 with MCL engraved under the DIN.

I’ll have to ty this…

I knew this speaker gonna be a lot of fun! I thought that he was saying that the Powerlink from MCL behavior was changed by software but was still physically there. But reading carrefully shows that thats not what he was saying.    🙁

EDIT: after reading RaMaBo’s post twice this seems not possible

Guy
                                      • Warwickshire, UK

I have now found my 1611 and associated cables and have experimented a little to try and work out the audiomaster/videomaster trigger.

I put my BV10-32 in V.OPT 2 and connected a 1611 with ML.

I tried my iPhone as a source using a 3.5mm to 7-pin DIN cable into the 1611’s AAL socket (inputting to DIN pins 3 and 5 as usual).  Pressing any audio source will turn the TV on, but there is no sound.  When I press MENU the TV’s screen shows the audio source that I selected (eg RADIO).  I tried various Video sources (unused by BV10) but still no sound.  Hence the TV is detecting the 1611 but it is NOT working correctly as either video- or audio-master.

I then connected my (old) BS1’s AUX in/out to the 1611 with a 7-pin DIN to DIN.  The TV turn on with any AUDIO source and I can hear the radio from the BS1 through the TV speakers.  I can’t control the BS1, but didn’t expect to be able to as I was just using it as an audio source.

So in the second case above, something conveyed by the 7-pin DIN (possibly from the BS1) is triggering the 1611 to work as an audiomaster.

Then I spotted a little note in Peter Pan’s diagram at this post:  https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-how-to-fix-ml-input-selection/#post-13657

There’s a note by the DIN plug that states (in Danish) ‘to trigger the 1611, connect a wire from Pin 2 to Pin 1’.

@Matador
                                      have you made this pin 2 to pin 1 connection in the source to your 1611?  Perhaps this is what OneRemote’s ASNUT cable does?

matador
                                        • Paris France

@Matador
                                        have you made this pin 2 to pin 1 connection in the source to your 1611?  Perhaps this is what OneRemote’s ASNUT cable does?

No I didn’t. What’s missing is the purpose of that shorting: what means “trigger the 1611” when in the same diagram you also have a Beo4.

Let’s say it starts the 1611 in Audiomaster mode and when not present, the 1611 starts by default in Videosmaster mode, ok, but what about LSNUT and PCSNUT cables?

Do you know what pin 2 and pin 1 are? Because there obviously not datalink pins.

Guy
                                          • Warwickshire, UK

Pin 2 is ground.

Pin 1 and 4 would normally be for the L and R audio in the other direction (output from the 1611), and I assume that the 1611 would use it as such in a normal MCL/ML setup.  It’s therefore not logical that pin 1 should connect to ground.

I just made up a lead and it didn’t work!

Perhaps it’s a mistake and pin 6 (datalink) should connect to ground (pin 2)?  I need to find a 7 pin plug before I can test!

(LSNUT and PCNUT are for OneRemote inputs to Passive and BL Active respectively, not 1611).  I know that the Active has a non-standard PC input connection for some reason, so that makes sense)

Guy
                                            • Warwickshire, UK

What’s missing is the purpose of that shorting: what means “trigger the 1611” when in the same diagram you also have a Beo4.

I think he means triggering as an audiomaster, because in the text above he states that you can select using A.AUX or PC on the Beo4.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 457 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.