Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Leosgonewild

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: End of the road now? #125685
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    Only if you put that it is a quote from me 😂

    in reply to: End of the road now? #125683
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I can do a playful Trump-style parody without presenting it as an actual Trump quote.

    My fellow music lovers,

    Let me tell you something about Bluetooth.

    Bluetooth is fantastic. It is probably the best way—maybe the best way ever—to get music from your phone to a speaker.

    You take your phone. You press Bluetooth. You see the speaker. You connect.

    Boom. Music.

    No cables. No wires. No complicated equipment. No guy coming into your house saying, “Actually, you need a DAC.”

    Nobody needs a DAC!

    And people say, “But what about Wi-Fi streaming?”

    Wi-Fi? Very complicated.

    You have to find the network. Enter the password. Maybe the speaker disappears. Maybe it says, “Connecting…” for three minutes.

    Bluetooth?

    It just works.

    You walk into the room with your phone and the music comes with you. You walk outside? The music comes with you. You go to the kitchen?

    The music follows.

    That’s leadership.

    And let’s talk about range. People say Bluetooth doesn’t go very far.

    Wrong.

    You don’t need to send music to the moon. You need to send it from your phone to your speaker.

    That’s the distance that matters.

    And the sound quality? Very good. Tremendous sound quality. Is it the absolute highest possible quality known to mankind?

    Maybe not.

    But here’s the thing: most people aren’t sitting in a laboratory with their ears measuring frequencies.

    They’re having a beer. They’re cooking dinner. They’re sitting on the sofa.

    And they want music.

    Bluetooth gives them music.

    Instantly.

    No apps. No accounts. No cloud. No subscriptions. No complicated nonsense.

    Just:

    Phone. Bluetooth. Speaker. Music.

    Three things.

    Very simple.

    Very powerful.

    Some people will tell you they need a wired connection because it’s “bit-perfect.”

    Bit-perfect?

    Folks, I don’t know what that means.

    But I know what sounds good.

    And Bluetooth sounds good.

    It’s wireless. It’s easy. It’s reliable. It’s beautiful.

    And frankly, if your speaker doesn’t support Bluetooth?

    That’s a very sad speaker.

    We need to make Bluetooth great again.

    Thank you for your attention on this matter. God bless Bluetooth. And God bless the music.

    in reply to: Beoremote one buttons falling off #125521
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I have the same issue. It is redicoulus that a remote control this expensive disintegrates.
    I glued them back on with a small amount of rubber glue. Do not use super glue. You need something that will have some give in it.

    in reply to: B&o speakers and Avr from Denon with Pre outs #125513
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    You could try with a ferrit and see if that would helps.

    in reply to: B&o speakers and Avr from Denon with Pre outs #125481
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I think it is the grounding cable. So it is same as the one you bought.
    you could try to use a mk3 cable on your bl7.2, and a mk2 on your bl1, just to see if it makes a difference.

    im not sure if you have used the ice powered speakers before, but they tend to have a small brucing(?) sound when silent.

    where did you get your trigger cables?

     

    in reply to: B&o speakers and Avr from Denon with Pre outs #125449
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I had this problem. I removed the one cable inside the 3.5mm.
    you can also use this adapter

    https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=14750

    in reply to: Beogram 4500 or 3000 Wanted… #124432
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I have a Beogram 4500 with SMMC3 for sale.

    in reply to: Your favourite product from B&O’s first 100 years? #71684
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    Mine are:

    Beosystem 5500

    Beovox Penta

    Beosound 9000

    Beogram 4002

    Beolab 5

    Beosound 3200

    Beosystem 5500 and Penta since it was what my grandfather had in his home, and it was what got me into B&O when I inherited it and had to figure out how to repair it.

    Beosound 9000 being a childhood memory from I was 12. I was in a classmates birthday party, and her father had a Beosound 9000 hanging on the wall. My classmates and I was in awe: “WOW! 6-cds!!! How much does it cost?”. The answer was a very dry “Enough.”
    Ironically that exact unit ended up in my possession 25 years later.

    The Beogram 4002 since I have restored about 10 units. Seeing the 95 anniversary restoration done by B&O, I went “I can make that.”

    I remember the first time I heard the Beolab 5´s in a store in Norway in 2013. I said to myself “That is the goal. If those are ever in my living room, I´m done.”. 10 years later I carried a pair into my apartment. That was a very happy moment in my life.

    Beosound 2300,2500,3000,3200, and ouverture has something very magic to them.

    in reply to: Input connection Beosound Core #64415
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    In the setting, go to line in and disable delay. That will fix your sync problem.

    in reply to: Penta fronts #64414
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    They are a b17ch to refret. I’m handy, I did them once, and I will never do it again.

    you could go the easy route and use women’s pantyhose/stocking.
    take them of, pull stocking over, put them back.

    in reply to: Beoconnect Encore #56527
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    The BeoRemote One controls the Beosound 9000. Just like normal if it was a standalone system. So the adjusted volume goes into the Almando multiplay. Since this just passes through the line signal it receives, it doesn’t really do anything in this setup. The reason I have it is because my Denon receiver sends the front speakers into it in order to turn on the Beolab 5’s.

    in reply to: Beoconnect Encore #56483
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I run a powerlink cable from my Beosound 9000 into a Almando that is connected to my Beolab 5’s. I can control the Beosound 9000 fully with my BeoRemote One BT (which controls all my other units).
    I do not understand the point of that box, is it only to show it in the app?

    And if I want the Beosound 9000 to work with multiroom, I can connect a M3 (cheapest solution) or a Core.

    I will get the Beosound 9000 anodized like the 9000c, and make a new stand. Not sure what I will do with the light, I don’t like the cold blue white they have “upgraded”. Then I’ll call it a day.

    But I am very glad that B&O has upped the value and wow-factor of this classic unit. Suddenly you appreciate it even more.

    in reply to: Beomaster 5500 Master Control Panel #56085
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I have one after my grandfather. Send me a PM.

    in reply to: LINTRONIC BT-RS232 #51762
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I did not send you an email. I sent you a Personal Message through the forum.

    It says that the message was Read by silou @ January 2, 2024 10:38 am

     

    Please check the Personal Message in the forum (in the top right when you are logged in on a web browser). There you will find my message containing my email address ?

     

    in reply to: LINTRONIC BT-RS232 #51760
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I already sent you a PM. You did not get it?

    in reply to: Beogram 4000 /4002 Aluminium stripes #51847
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member
    in reply to: LINTRONIC BT-RS232 #51757
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I need access to a computer, can’t send pm from my phone. Will contact you within two days.

    in reply to: LINTRONIC BT-RS232 #51755
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    I’ll buy it ?

    in reply to: Controlling an LG OLED TV using BeoSystem 3 #50940
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    Would it be an option to connect an Apple TV to the lg oled, and then running optical to coax from the LG oled to the BS3?

    that way you can use a BeoRemote one BT as this can be paired with the Apple TV.

    You will. It have those curtains, but how many hoops will you jumpy through to get that working?

    in reply to: Lossless Apple Music to Beosound core? #50758
    Leosgonewild
    BRONZE Member

    Here is what the Beosound core is capable of handling:

    MP3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF Standard sample rates up to 192 kHz, stereo and up to 24 bit
    End-to-end rendering path on the optical interface: 96kHz/24bit

    My goal here is to get this into the core and out to my Beolab 5’s. I know the Beolab 5 also has its limit to what it can handle.

    To clarify; I am mor e than satisfied with the sound of Airplay 2 at 16/44 for daily use.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)