New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,303 total)
  • Author
    BeoTool
    BRONZE Member

same from my listening experiences too – spent a fair bit of time flicking between 2 speaker groups : (A) Theatre with rear 28s (the triangle), and (B) Theatre, rear 28s, and front 18s (triangle plus front l/r)…..and while there is little doubt that the triangle on its own (A) is really really good, and will be plenty immersive for many modest living rooms, when it changed to (B) with the added front l/r’s, I did prefer the wider soundstage.

Helpful, Sandy, thanks. Where do you get the most bang for the buck – with the 28s in the rear and the 18s up front (as you are now configured)? Or conversely, with the 28s in front & 18s in rear?

Adding the front 18s to the triangle was not a binary, black / white, night and day difference though, and hence I can see why B&O are suggesting the triangle (with 28s rears) as a more than enough immersive setup for many.

But for those a bit soundstage width sensitive (I’m in that camp), adding fronts does make an appreciable width improvement.

Thanks for this. Understanding that there are degrees of goodness, not simply great/awful dichotomies, helps with the monetary side of the buying decision. That said, I’m a wide soundstage guy myself.

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

for clarity, this is not my setup – my Theatre hasn’t arrived yet – its the setup in Selfridges in London, where I have spent 2 decent listening sessions in their listening room.  But that was enough to inform me – and in my case, being a super wide sound stage guy too, I’d definitely be in the camp of wanting fronts with my Theatre, even in my modest lounge (5*5 metres).

My Theatre will sit in between front BL50’s, spread 2.5meters either side of the Theatre.

For rears, I’ll use BL17s, largely because I need to swap out my rear BL3’s (dodge PL wire).

With my setup, I wouldn’t obsess about rears too much – I just dont watch that many films with super special effects, where there are that many rear effects etc.

That all said, like those who have listened to the B&O suggested triangle (Theatre and rear 28s), its definitely very persuasive on its own merits, and more so than (for example) the equivalent of an Eclipse “triangle”.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
        BRONZE Member
          • Toronto, Canada

Do the 18’s up front widen the width of the soundstage?

By a ton. I mentioned in my day 1 post that on its own the theatre sounds very much like a soundbar.  A good one but still very central front.

Using the 18’s as the fronts made a huge difference in the sound stage making it much wider.

SneakyTomato
          BRONZE Member

BL17 are wonderful speakers but they definitely don’t work properly wirelessly. Since mine are wired, everything ok …

Just chipping in with my experience. I had 17’s (still have them just in storage) connected wirelessly for many years with out issue. Right now I have 18’s and a 19 via WiSA and no issues either. I have however kept the firmware up to date. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Actually my first pair of 18’s had trouble with wireless, but I complained to the store and luckily because I had 17’s for so long running on WiSA without fault, they couldn’t just say “Oh traffic on the 5ghz blah blah blah.” They gave me a new pair and they have worked flawlessly now for almost 5 years.

I am looking forward to getting a theater now though.

For years I had looked into options for having 4.1 with 18’s, 17’s and 19 but annoyed with the fluff and buying a third party WiSA device to manage that.

Now finally Theater seems to lift the dream into reality.

frankmj
            BRONZE Member
              • Elsinore, Denmark

I wonder if anyone have tried a software update of the Beolab 17, to get a better wireless connection?
              /frank

Mark
              BRONZE Member

It is my understanding the only way to update the software of the Beolab 17 is with the wireless transmitter?  It would be nice if you could do it through the Theatre.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Mark.
                BRONZE Member
                  • Toronto, Canada

It is my understanding the only way to update the software of the Beolab 17 is with the wireless transmitter? It would be nice if you could do it through the Theatre.

I was thinking the same. Its totally baffling that we cannot.

BRONZE Member
                    • Toronto, Canada

So good news… the buzzing sound I was hearing in my front right BL18 speaker was being caused by the cable. It was a brand new Cat7 cable but that didn’t cut it somehow. My dealer sent me a cable and the problem went away.

Mark
                    BRONZE Member

Sounds like it could have  been a shielding problem with the cable.

beojeff
                      BRONZE Member

My new LG C2 77″ TV arrived two weeks ago, and I’ve been using it with my Beosystem 4 while waiting for my Theatre to arrive. Using the LG remote to change HDMI inputs got pretty irritating. However, I discovered something amazing for those of us with a BLI. There is a system that can be added in the BLI to send controls to an LG WebOS TV!

I simply created a macro so that I can use the Beoremote One to send a CONTROL command to the BLI, which then changes the LG input to whatever input you select in the macro. For example, I renamed a CONTROL command “HDMI 4” and it will change the LG to the HDMI 4 input. You can even select other sources on the smart tv such as “Netflix” to be triggered by a CONTROL command, a color button, etc.

beojeff
                        BRONZE Member

So now that I’ve added the LG WebOS TV as a system in my BLI, programmed a few macros, and renamed a few CONTROL functions, when I press CONTROL on my Beoremote One I now have the following CONTROL list:

TV Power

HDMI 1

HDMI 2

HDMI 3

HDMI 4

It might seem like a small thing, but it’s nice to have a single remote solution again until my Theatre finally arrives!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by beojeff.
                          • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by beojeff.
                          SimonWeir
                          BRONZE Member

I have raised with support a bug if you are too quick with the BeoRemote using PUC A (say to control the Sky Q) it sends a signal to PUC B which in my case is Apple TV 4K 2017, which for a second disconnects HDMI 2, a message comes up saying Theatre disconnected, connected by WiSA & Wired speakers flash red.  A moment later it all reconnects and changes source to the Apple TV.  But in doing so in the app, it thinks you have disconnected power so need to recalibrate in my case the motorised wall bracket.  The recalibration is strictly not needed as it does retain all settings, however to remove the calibration icon in the app you need to go through with it.  Support have said they cannot help remotely and to contact my dealer.  I have worked out to have patience… plus ordered the new Apple TV 4K 2022 with HLG HDR support as only £169.00 and my current Apple TV is 5 years old and doesn’t have all the resolutions my LG G2 65” can support.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by SimonWeir.
                            splud
                            BRONZE Member

So, just ordered my Theatre! 🙂 Just a quick question, is the B&O app better on IOS or Android, or is it the same? Just wanting to set up a user hub in advanced.

Thanks

BRONZE Member
                                • Toronto, Canada

So, just ordered my Theatre! 🙂 Just a quick question, is the B&O app better on IOS or Android, or is it the same? Just wanting to set up a user hub in advanced. Thanks

Typically most apps are better on iOS.  Basically even Android enthusiasts recommend and iPad over any android tablet. Yes that will be debatable.

splud
                                BRONZE Member

Thanks, I have an old mini IPad I’ll set up as a hub. The B&O AR virtual reality app is good, placed the Theatre on the wall so that I could see what it’s going to look like.

Mr10Percent
                                  BRONZE Member

Installed my BSTh yesterday. Very fiddly for the Installer to assemble with over 10 boxes of parts supplied. Cradle to cradle may be good but we will run out of trees at this rate.

Loading the LG Thinq app and registering the monitor was the hardest bit once the BST was assembled. Everything else was easy. Adding external speakers was straightforward and roomsense works very well. LG G2 has an excellent picture compared to the C7 and CX panels.

The BeoApp needs a bit of a tidy up with the way it selects sources etc but nothing major. Some questions on how the BL90s interact in wide/narrow in the BSTh. Role assignment needs some work. Nothing major and ill raise a ticket’s with support.

Overall, the sound experience is eceptional.

Emilos88
                                    BRONZE Member

Great to hear,

There is definitely room for improvement on the settings in the App, and a new update have already arrived today. But I expect many updates the next couple of years.

Themanthemyth
                                      BRONZE Member

For those with a theatre: How well does it recreate Dolby Atmos content on it’s own?

Peter the Biker
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Eastwestfalia

Yesterday I replaced my Apple TV HD by an Apple TV 4k (v. 2022). I just took off the cables of my old Apple TV and connected the new one. The spot for the PUC cable (IR-sensor) at the new Apple TV is at the front in the middle just a few mm below the upper edge. It works and obeys to the BeoRemote One!

beojeff
                                          BRONZE Member

I just received notice tonight that my Theatre is arriving after an 8-hour drive and that it will be arriving between 12:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.tonight, AND that I must be available to help the driver lift it from the truck. I’m just speechless. Is Bang & Olufsen still a luxury brand?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,303 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.