New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,303 total)
  • Author
    Mr10Percent
    BRONZE Member

I don’t know your location, nor the agreed deal with you and your Dealer?

I know that B&O have delivered large items (BL90) direct to my home and the shipper is a shipper only. They drop the parcel off at door step only, with the rest of the problem being yours. I know they that B&O dealers can do it all, but this carries installation expenses.

Sometimes, it has been my preference to save a few ££, sometimes to savour the experience and do the install yourself.

In my last experience, I had the opposite, I wanted to install myself but the Dealer insisted. (They are 1.5hrs away from my home). With some of the fiddling about they did, dialling in alignment of the soundbar and panel (which is not as easy as the videos look), it took them 5hrs. I think in essence, I was the training mule for them to learn as I was the first BSTH that Dealer had done.

Back to your case, if a package arrived at unsociable hours like you indicate, I’d simply tell the driver to jog-on and refuse the delivery. Make that your Dealers/B&Os problem.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Mr10Percent.
      petermc
      FOUNDER Member

I thought it was just me taking about seven hours over two nights to instal. That included running cables in the roof as well. I also had the added challenge of mounting the Theatre on a BV7 stand using a STB bracket. Not a lot of room for wires. I do wish B&O would plan for wires and leave a bit more space. With a full compliment of HDMI cables plus powerlink and Ethernet there’s a lot going on.

That said I’m stoked with the Theatre and G2 panel. Sound is staggering even on its own. A massive step up from a BV10

Peter

Mr10Percent
        BRONZE Member

I briefly looked at keeping my Eclipse Stand, fabricating a 10mm thick Aluminium Plate and hex-bolting the Theatre to the stand (excluding the Eclipse “Y” bracket). In the end, I just sold it on.

The STB variant looks interesting and that 7-40 stands look cheap on eBay. However, I think I will look to see if a 7-55 stand comes on the market. The 77in Theatre on the table stand on the floor looks really cool – very BV5/9/10/11 etc and hides all the cable. The low-slung look suits the Theatre/G2 look

In the end, I went super-cheap and made a plinth out of glued Ikea Lack hanging shelving, cut the innards out of one of them (honeycomb paper) to hide excess cable. Add a bit of filler, sandpaper and some emulsion paint for £60!

Beo911
          BRONZE Member

Hmm,

after having spent decent money on BL90’s and a BS Theatre you’re satisfied with that solution?

Glitch
            BRONZE Member

after having spent decent money on BL90’s and a BS Theatre you’re satisfied with that solution?

That looks like something that I would do. Especially if I couldn’t find something that exactly met my needs. I’ve had some of these temporary/placeholder solutions in service for years until I found the perfect solution.

Glitch

Millemissen
              GOLD Member
                • Flensborg/Danmark

That is always the problem 🧐

You look and look for the right solution….and can’t find it.

Then you go for something temporary……..which stays so untill you again make a change in the setup 😲

That said – I hope that you/Mr10% find something better soon, because that solution in the picture certainly does not do the Theatre and the 90’s justice.

Question @Mr10% – you went for the table stand.
                Is that made far or near (dependent on how the platter is turned)?
                How far from the wall is the backside of the LG tv?

MM

Mr10Percent
                BRONZE Member

Yes, overall it is very comfortable and I’m happy with the solution. It actually looks better live than the photo.

The box is slim-line at 26cm x 26cm x 110cm. This is just to fit the table stand. Some furniture solutions tend to be 40mm deep as a minimum and therefore take up more foot print.

The TV and VESA back (SMI) are right up against the wall. The table stand can be flipped between a wide and narrow foot – I guess this is to accommodate larger screens or those with electronic packs at the base and thus ensures good centre of gravity??

Two things put me off the motorised stand – 1st was obviously the price which I think is stupid, 2nd was the real estate and the positioning of the screen in the room which would be very forward.

Millemissen
                  GOLD Member
                    • Flensborg/Danmark

Thanks – I am also for the simple (round) table stand.
                    I’d like my tv solution to be as close to the wall as possible…..without having to hang it there.
                    Also I like the looks of the Theatre with the tv mountedon top better, because you only see the front half of it.
                    From a design point of view it seems a more balanced solution to me…..the soundbar is rather big on its own.

MM

Mr10Percent
                    BRONZE Member

MM,

in the official photos, the justice is not really done. At first, I did not like the BSTH and looks somewhat ugly with the boat hull profile. However, I was keen to get away from spending what is essentially £2k a year overhead on Beovisions with built-in obsolescence. Mk1 Eclipse is case in point. The Theatre could well reduce that overhead  to £400/yr over a 5year expectation.

With my little white IKEA plinth, looking front-on, the boat hull sort of smooths away and looks very thin. In fact, the LG G2 and BSTH is now closer to the wall than the Eclipse on motorised stand and in a way, looks more demur than the Eclipse and in a way, a more discrete and balanced TV design execution.

One thing I think could be changed for the better is an aluminium cover for the table stand. As it is now, the black segment of the table stand that is proud of the unit reflects upward on to the boat hull. The black anthracite model would mitigate that.

Finally, the Oak fret design is not for me, preferring the fabric option.

beojeff
                      BRONZE Member

Well, my Theatre was delivered at 1:30 A.M. At any rate, it’s finally here. I found the following to share:

-The HDMI-CEC is actually pretty good. It’s controlling everything that I need on the Apple TV and Sony UHD player without the need for a PUC cable.

-There is no way to indicate for it to route LIGHT/CONTROL commands to the BLI. All of the items I’m used to seeing in the LIGHT and CONTROL lists are present (probably from previously paired BT B&O devices), but pressing the items in those lists does nothing.

-Netflix is oddly missing from the TV list on the Beoremote One.

-However, the Netflix and Amazon buttons on a Beoremote One that has those physical buttons go to Netflix and Amazon on the LG smart tv apps.

-The Theatre discovered my wireless speakers connected via Receiver 1 units. However, the Theatre doesn’t let me tell it which type of speaker (e.g. BL 6000) is connected.

-The room sense will play the tone on the wireless speakers connected via Receiver 1 units. However, when the room sense finishes, it doesn’t add those speakers or let you add them after the room sense. They are greyed out. I’ve never updated the firmware on my Receiver 1 units since they simply worked with my Transmitter 1 when used with my Beosystem 4. Perhaps I need to do the firmware update?

-The speaker roles are noticeably limited when compared with what’s available on the Beosystem 4. For example, I was going to add more speakers for the Wide roles, but Wide is not an option for external speakers. Also, there is no role for middle hight speakers — only front and back height. The Dolby Atmos setup diagrams provide for the additional “left and right surround 1” roles — a back counterpart to the front “wide” roles. However, those roles are not options.

-Lastly, I get that dreaded error message that won’t let me play HBO Max content on the Apple TV 4K. This seems to be an HDCP issue on some devices. When I had the Apple TV 4K directly connected to the LG C1, I didn’t have this issue. I might have to connect the Apple TV 4K to the LG again instead of to the Theatre.

Themanthemyth
                        BRONZE Member

Most importantly how is the sonic capabilities?

Mr10Percent
                          BRONZE Member

Lotta stuff I can’t help with here. However, on the Netflix, or any entertainment app, once loaded from LG, they will appear on the configuration setting for the BSTH and for the remote.

I have lodged feedback with B&O. The sound modes can’t be edited.

Im also looking at installing Apple TV but was under the impression it could be done via the LG app alone and not require a separate box? Can you confirm this or is that just TV control and a box is still needed?

beojeff
                            BRONZE Member

Lotta stuff I can’t help with here. However, on the Netflix, or any entertainment app, once loaded from LG, they will appear on the configuration setting for the BSTH and for the remote. I have lodged feedback with B&O. The sound modes can’t be edited. Im also looking at installing Apple TV but was under the impression it could be done via the LG app alone and not require a separate box? Can you confirm this or is that just TV control and a box is still needed?

I see that all of the sources are on the ios app, but only a few on on the Beoremote One. Maybe it just takes take for them to be recognized and loaded.

It seems that one of the updates in the last few days made it so that we can now edit the Listening Positions. However, the speakers connected with Receiver 1 units get greyed out and can’t be added. Has anyone else here seen this when using a Receiver 1 for WISA?

The term “Apple TV” can be confusing. It’s used for both the Apple TV Channel app and also for the physical box. The Apple TV Channel app is indeed directly available on the LG. It has all of the Apple original programming and access to movies and shows purchased on iTunes. The Apple TV box has all of the apps such as Netflix, HBO Max, etc. Really, though, most of the main streaming apps are also directly on the LG. The new Star Trek shows on Parmount Plus are now 4K and gorgeous. So is “Yellowstone” on Peacock.

I did get HBO Max to work again on the Apple TV. Maybe it just needed time to handshake for the HDCP. I’m now watching the season finale of “House of the Dragon.” The sound is really amazing. Very detailed and rich.

Mr10Percent
                              BRONZE Member

Once you have loaded the app via the LG interface or added devices to the HDMI inputs….

Product Settings >> BeoRemote >> select remote. This list appears….

You can show 10 sources in TV and 10 in music. You can handle and slide each source into order. You can also slide to the hide list

B8F4BDE9-209B-493B-ADE8-3B2A3F74D54C

beojeff
                                BRONZE Member

@Mr10Percent,

Thank you! I didn’t know that menu was there. That is very useful.

petermc
                                  FOUNDER Member

My Theatre has now decided to not work. The light at the front is flashing white.

Was trying to operate a product via HDMI when the problems began. Have powered the Theatre off several times. It works for a short time and then no response. Have tried reboot and eventually factory reset. Still the same.

Any thoughts?

beojeff
                                    BRONZE Member

Good news. I’ve found that the Halo can now fully control the Theatre. The (color) video interface is present. Touching the middle dot lets you pause/play the video. Swiping up twice provides the My Button presets. Swiping up again lets you select the listening position presets. You can select between TV and Music sources when you swipe down. All of the TV sources that you make available for the Beoremote One are available. The volume control on the wheel works. I’m able to control the lights and everything else I programed for the Halo via the BLI. However, I suspect those are being triggered by the Beosystem 4 which is still connected to power.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by beojeff.
                                      svendsen991
                                      BRONZE Member

My Theatre has now decided to not work. The light at the front is flashing white. Was trying to operate a product via HDMI when the problems began. Have powered the Theatre off several times. It works for a short time and then no response. Have tried reboot and eventually factory reset. Still the same. Any thoughts?

It sounds like an issue only a small amount of Beosound Theatre’s are hitting. Which software version are you on? If it’s on 2.3.2.15078 (launch version) it’s most likely that and should be solved on newer versions.
                                        Try reach out to support if they have a newer version available.

If you still have any issues please feel free to contact me with a PM 🙂

Millemissen
                                        GOLD Member
                                          • Flensborg/Danmark

-The speaker roles are noticeably limited when compared with what’s available on the Beosystem 4. For example, I was going to add more speakers for the Wide roles, but Wide is not an option for external speakers. Also, there is no role for middle hight speakers — only front and back height. The Dolby Atmos setup diagrams provide for the additional “left and right surround 1” roles — a back counterpart to the front “wide” roles. However, those roles are not options.

———

Which are the possible  ‘Speaker Roles’ at time being?
                                          Can you set up the system (the speaker connections) manually and make a micophone calibration after that?

MM

BeoMedia
                                          BRONZE Member

Speaker roles: I would have thought that middle ceiling speaker is a must for Atmos, is this not supported by the Theatre? I have downloaded the user manual but it is limited on information.

Questions:

1) does the Theatre support 8K as it is today or will it require hardware updates?

2) which provides best ease of use and control and sound and picture quality, to connect external sources to the Theatre or to the television?

3) can the Theatre control an LG CX? I find the user manual unclear as it states “newer than CX”, does that include or exclude the CX?

4) how many speakers can be wired to the theatre, I see 4 RJ45 powerlink, is it fair to assume 8 speakers? And can one assign any speaker position combination for each RJ45 or will they need to be in pairs i.e. front left and right as opposed to a subwoofer and a center speaker?

5) is the user experience once all is setup easy like BeoVisions normally are so that all members of the family can use the system?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by BeoMedia.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,303 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.