New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,303 total)
  • Author
    Millemissen
    GOLD Member
      • Flensborg/Danmark

A YT video, that shows real life pictures of the BS Theatre:

Not that most of you will understand much, but it is nice to see the product at the launch event.

MM

vikinger
      BRONZE Member

Could do with a bit more detail on how the tv screen slots in. How stable will the screen support be on the motorised wall hinge version?

Graham

vikinger
        BRONZE Member

Answered by the end of MMs video. Attachment is not a slot but a drop in stand with rear attachment for the screen.

Graham

vikinger
          BRONZE Member

This is the product that B&O should have produced 5-10 years ago. Price is a problem going forward, especially as discretionary spending is going to be hit by the economic crisis.

Graham

Millemissen
            GOLD Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark

Technical Sound Guide, here we come!

————

You could start here:

https://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2022/08/31/bass-management-in-beosound-theatre/

MM

matador
              BRONZE Member
                • Paris France

Being blessed enough with a somebody who would fancy gift me with a Stage if I ever wipe out all the little Yamaha cubes around the sofa, I’d like to know how the it compares with the Theatre in matter of “just” sound, not connectivity or expandability or whatever else. Lest’s say just in terms of sound and “spacialization” (pseudo rear channels).

Sandyb
                BRONZE Member

Halo works with the Theatre.

Says so in the product sheet.

Hi Sandyb,

Yes, that is correct. However, it is worth noting that the B&O website and spec sheet are incorrect as the Theatre has 4 wired Powerlink ports (RJ45), not 8 as quoted.

Kind regards, Steve.

matador
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Paris France

Ok,

After watching this thoroughly and to echoes Trackbeo’s post, there is something that bother me. (Bother me as to be taken as from someone who can’t afford it, if it matters. And also from someone who spend time “reverse engineering” wood lamellas on BL18):

The wood strips are so apart you can see the plastic structure holding them. It would work for a far (should I say “ignorant”) point of view, but to client used to B&O perfection it’s look like a pale copy (not even to mention the totally ‘not B&O forward design’).

It’s easy to criticize when I’m not ever gonna buy it, but still, eager to hear what you think.

vikinger
                    BRONZE Member

If you think of the BV10 or 11 etc, arguably the cheaper component was always the tv screen itself. As TV’s are now relatively cheap, adding a TV to the BS theatre produces a combined product at about the same price as those previous Beovisions, and at least you should be able to upgrade the screen from time to time without replacing the sound bar.

Graham

PS. But I will stick with the BV11 as my main TV!

PGNick
                      BRONZE Member

Sorry, I wasn’t specific.

Can I control an LG OLED (C9 and newer) connected to a Stage or Theatre with the Halo remote? Turn on, channel change, volume etc?

Millemissen
                        GOLD Member
                          • Flensborg/Danmark

Yet another video from the launch:

MM

Sandyb
                          BRONZE Member

Thanks for the video.

Looks like this is not coming with HDMI matrix support. Only 1 PUC socket (enabling control of 2 units) is clearly a weakening commitment to PUC.

And while software updates may bring Matrix support, I’m not optimistic at all that it will come.

On the Discord today, while Christian K wasn’t quite sure, and was non committal on this issue, reading between the lines I dont think my conclusion is wrong, especially given his brief comments.

I know many have reduced their use of external sources, but there are surely still a good number who do continue to use them.  Matrix integration on all the previous BVs allowed super clean installations, with source boxes etc hidden / out of the room, and just fed to various BVs in various rooms.

Unless that support is added to the Theatre, its a no go for me.

Anyway, lovely product otherwise.

beosince
                            BRONZE Member

I think the Beosound Theatre is a great product from the spec sheet. I love that they included some of the B&O magic with the moving wall bracket and foot. I think the PUC control was reduced due to the abundance of HDMI-CEC, which works great.

BeoTool
                              BRONZE Member

I must have missed it, beosince – where is the magic movement shown?

Sandyb
                                BRONZE Member

yeah, I sort of expected a few years ago for PUC to be de emphasised.

That said, higher end installations with sources in a rack hidden in separate room, and serving one or more rooms with BVs (and therefore the clean installations they often show in their own photos) will not work with the Theatre.

Unless Matrix support is added.

But I am very doubtful – as we can see, the one port is clearly a de-prioritization of PUC / IR.

shoutj74
                                  BRONZE Member

Intriguing – seems indirectly like a tacit acknowledgement that trying to keep a TV OS up to date is pretty hard for a company the size of B&O to do, the partnership with LG acknowledged.  It smarts a bit after spending $20K on a BV11 for it to feel so out of date so quick.  Thankfully the addition of smart box Firestick/Google TV/Apple TV rescues it from the second hand sales page on Marketplace.

Did wonder why on the second video they showed an Apple TV in the bracket system.  Assume that this is to demonstrate that there is space for this, and also because Dolby Atmos audio is not provided by most onboard AppleTV apps?  If this is the case, hope that you can turn the screen off and drive the Atmos audio via the Apple TV box.

Carolpa
                                    BRONZE Member

Hi Sandyb, Yes, that is correct. However, it is worth noting that the B&O website and spec sheet are incorrect as the Theatre has 4 wired Powerlink ports (RJ45), not 8 as quoted. Kind regards, Steve.

Isn’t how you interpreter it? Sure there are 4 Powerlink ports (same as Eclipe, Harmony, BV11, BV14, Avant, etc). But 1 port holds 2 Powerlink connections.

So 2 connections per ports times 4 ports make 8x Powerlink.

Igullord
                                      BRONZE Member

Steve, Michael, in “Beotalk Emergency”:  https://youtu.be/-GI-3EZVVlI  you mentioned the white papers describing the measurement of room acoustics by using a mic in various positions, giving a 3D analysis of the room in terms of frequency peaks and dips, modals/phase etc. Can you please give us the proper links?

Is the new “Roomsense” system more of a “sound management system”, akin to Harman/JBL Synthesis and the upcoming Dirac Sound Field Management system?https://www.audioholics.com/room-acoustics/history-of-multi-sub-sfm/the-birth-of-sound-field-management

https://www.dirac.com/the-arrival-of-spatial-room-correction-technology/

By binding a multi-speaker setup together spectrum/phase-wise, across the designated channel signals,  it´s possible to correct phase/modal anomalies in the room even more than the vanilla EQ algorithms, particularly in the sub 500hz region. As far I can see the new Beosound Theatre can control up to 1 subwoofer (7.1.4), maybe using he lower end of the full range speakers to “help” in flattening freq/phase in that lower region?

I´ve seen this link:
                                        https://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2022/08/31/bass-management-in-beosound-theatre/
                                        -however I think a deeper explanation of this new B&O algorithm would be most welcome.

I saw your very interesting interviev with G. Martin: https://youtu.be/IOV0IpgKhX0
                                        He explains the beaming tech behind BeoLab 90, using the various drivers to co-operate by canceling/augmenting each other in the magnitude/phase domain to control the directionality. Obiously he knows the deeper theory of “painting the room acoustically”

Maybe the Tonmeister himself could come onboard this one?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Hi,

If I recall correctly, this link should allow you to browse most of the technical papers submitted by B&O team members that are in the public domain:-

https://www.researchgate.net/institution/Bang-Olufsen

Kind regards, Steve.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,303 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.