New product launch – beosound theatre?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,326 total)
  • Author
    Mr10Percent
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 511

I get it now. I just started all over again and see the + sign. It’s late so I’ll sort it out tomorrow. Thx Mr. 10 percent for pointing me in the right direction. ?

Our last replies just crossed over in the interweb.

Glad you have something to work-on. If you have issues – as I say, repost with some more info (and screen-shots) and I’ll try and help.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
      BRONZE Member
        • Toronto, Canada
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 217

I have to say I am a bit surprised and disappointed on how slow the app and firmware updates have been for the Theatre.  There are plenty of issues and UI elements that need fixing and they should really be faster at fixing these things.

Mr10Percent
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 511

I agree. However, there are two issues I see. On one hand, knee-jerking to individual solutions into the app can lead to more problems, on the other, some issues can be annoyance and brand-diminishing until they are fixed.  The last update (barring the new 2.5.3 which few have received) was November 22nd 2022. An update every month would be a good compromise?

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
          BRONZE Member
            • Toronto, Canada
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 217

I do iOS development but I understand how hard it can be. 🙂  They should really be pushing out bug fixes in the FIRMWARE more often though.  The OS interface enhancements can wait for every month or 2.

The theatre was originally to be shipped Q2 last year and they delayed it for component reasons. In that time they did get the software in good shape for the new release date but there are some really glaring bugs still in it.

Maybe the Christmas break slowed things down as well but I really hope things pick up.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark
              • Topics Started 21
              • Total Posts 1,043

C656D724-3688-4D6C-A36A-1756777DFA94

—————
              Hmmmm!

etype76
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 11
                • Total Posts 71

Attempting to connect 2 Beolab 3s to the theatre as rears (left and right back). I am using mkII Powerlink cables going into a Rj45 splitter into PL1 socket on the Theatre. When I add the speakers it seems the theatre only thinks there is one. I thought one PL socket accommodated 2 speakers? I get sound from both but when I assign roles, I can only choose left or right. Do I have to now buy another Rj45 adapter and have one speaker going into PL2 then?

cheers

Hiort
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 15
                  • Total Posts 145

Hi fellow B&O lovers,

I have the theatre for a couple of weeks now, very keen with it and combined with a pair of beolabs 9 for the front and 6000 mk2 for the back it’s a real gamechanger.

however I’ve found quite a big bug it seems. When switching from listening modes for some strange reason the theatre itself always becomes louder. It changes back to the right settings when you touch the “db” meter for whichever speaker you select. Just a quick tap on it seems to fix it.

This is quite annoying seeing every single time i startup my Apple TV / soundbar and tv i need to go into the settings of the app and tap on the listening position and tap on one of the “db” levels.

Anyone having the same strange problems. My setup is; beolabs 9 as front, theatre as center channel so left and right speakers combined with the center itself. 6000MK2 as left and right side surround.

Edit: Seems I’ve found the problem. When recalibrating the theatre disables left and right front firing and only uses the center and height channels from the soundbar. After that the problem disappears. However when putting right and left front firing in the center mode the problem occurs once again when switching listening positions. When adjusting “db” from whichever speaker it works again.

So a pretty big bug in the software. For now I’m only using the center channel from the theatre the left and right tweeter + midrange completely disabled. Still sounds awesome but would be nice to see this getting fixed.

Please report to B&O support

FrankieFrank88
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 10

Hi fellow B&O lovers,

I have the theatre for a couple of weeks now, very keen with it and combined with a pair of beolabs 9 for the front and 6000 mk2 for the back it’s a real gamechanger.

however I’ve found quite a big bug it seems. When switching from listening modes for some strange reason the theatre itself always becomes louder. It changes back to the right settings when you touch the “db” meter for whichever speaker you select. Just a quick tap on it seems to fix it.

This is quite annoying seeing every single time i startup my Apple TV / soundbar and tv i need to go into the settings of the app and tap on the listening position and tap on one of the “db” levels.

Anyone having the same strange problems. My setup is; beolabs 9 as front, theatre as center channel so left and right speakers combined with the center itself. 6000MK2 as left and right side surround.

Edit: Seems I’ve found the problem. When recalibrating the theatre disables left and right front firing and only uses the center and height  channels from the soundbar. After that the problem disappears. However when putting right and left front firing in the center mode the problem occurs once again when switching listening positions. When adjusting “db” from whichever speaker it works again.

So a pretty big bug in the software. For now I’m only using the center channel from the theatre the left and right tweeter + midrange completely disabled. Still sounds awesome but would be nice to see this getting fixed.

Hereford
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 27

With LG pledging some support for DTS:X, is there any chance the Theatre will eventually support it as well?

Flatpanels: DTS:X is coming to new LG OLED and premium LCD TVs

Sandyb
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 379

good question – but I think the recent LG move has more to do with supporting IMAX Enhanced, which Disney+ will start offering, and IMAX Enhanced builds (from a tech perspective) on DTS.   The LG move is only to enable passthrough as well.

Anyway, I share your hope for the Theatre adding DTS support, but I’d really only give it a very v very small probability at this stage.

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg————Danmark
                          • Topics Started 21
                          • Total Posts 1,043

If there is anything we would maybe need, it is the support for DTS HD-MA in the Theatre.
                          DTS IMAX Enhanced will be limited (I only know of something from Disney+) and that – as Sandyb writes – is only ‘passthrough’ in the coming LG.
                          Marketing people however, probably will advertise this as ground breaking – a reason for the costumer to buy a new 2023 LG tv.

I guess DTS has failed in the marked…….Dolby was first and dominates streaming and cinema.

Friends of physical media stil have and still buy Bluray/UHD, which often contains a DTS HD-MA track – and not every player does the decoding correct.

Anyway – I have little hope for something to change in the Theatre.
                          Personally I managed to get a player that is DTS HD-MA capable and that is connected directly to the BST.

MM

moxxey
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 17

The last update (barring the new 2.5.3 which few have received) was November 22nd 2022. An update every month would be a good compromise?

We need to also remember, this is Denmark. I work for a Swedish company, went for a meeting 23 November about launching a new website, thought we’d get the website launched before Christmas, but they didn’t want to even start until last week of January! ie. not a great deal of development work gets done between December and mid-January in Scandinavian countries in my experience.

Sandyb
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 379

indeed, and I still havent decided how worked up to be about the Theatre and its lack of DTS support.

My Panasonic UB820 is set to output PCM (up to 7.1) for any DTS track, and playing some of my legacy DTS regular (non UHD) Blu-rays to the Theatre seems ok.

As for new UHD discs, and how many use DTS-X as opposed to Dolby Atmos, I’m not sure. Time will tell I guess.

Mr10Percent
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 9
                                • Total Posts 511

Hi,

I’ve just done a test on one of the few non-Atmos films I have at the moment. I tested Gravity in BR quality.

Now natively, this should be played as DTS-HD but the BeoApp Signal is showing 5.1. I cant tell if this is piping an SD Dolby format (one of the back-tracks I had in the download) or if it is emulating DTS-HD? And to be hones, Gravity is a film with few booms and bangs to judge.

It sounded OK, but Im not 100% certain if it was the genre of the film or the decoding but sounded a little like 4.0 sound-ish? If it were not for the BL90s, Im also not sure if the LFE channel was delivering discretely.

My view is something like the UB820 should be able to handle both DTS and Atmos but as you suggest, if it is instructed to pump-out 7.1 from a DTS sound format, the Theatre should pick that up and distribute the sound as either 5.1 or 7.1 PCM.

An ideal sound card for the Theatre would be one with both Atmos and DTS encoded natively?

Picture1Picture2

Mr10Percent
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 9
                                  • Total Posts 511

Just to add, Ive just interrogated the my Kaleidescape system on the audio porting.

So it looks like zero support on the Theatre for DTS so the Kaleidescape (and probably all decent BR-Players), pump-out what they can handshake with up to 7.1PCM 192/24

Picture3

Sandyb
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 1
                                    • Total Posts 379

Hard to know if exactly what the app is showing in these cases, from my limited experience

Just played the UHD Pulp Fiction disc on the UB820, which I’ve set to PCM any DTS content.  The discs main track (and what I have selected) is DTS HD Master Audio 5.1…….the B&O app shows the signal info as 7.1 and PCM.

Whether that 7.1 is due to something the UB820 is doing (quiet possible) or the app’s “fault” is hard to discern.

Sounds good though, and sounded fine when I watched the disc last weekend.

Millemissen
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Flensborg————Danmark
                                      • Topics Started 21
                                      • Total Posts 1,043

@Sandyb

It must be PCM, when it arrives at the BST, since the UHD player is doing the decoding.

How is you speaker setup – 5.1 or 7.1?

MM

Millemissen
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Flensborg————Danmark
                                        • Topics Started 21
                                        • Total Posts 1,043

On a side note right now.

I just received the notification for the new beta version of the app.

Haven’t installed it yet – will have to wait untill tomorrow….it is too late for playing ?

Seems to be some goodies there:

C217244F-2580-4544-9AAB-450CA009E618

MM

BeoMedia
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 8
                                          • Total Posts 98

Last night I noticed that the name (which you can assign yourself) of the Theatre had been changed to something random.
                                          I couldn’t change it back via the app. It prompted me to do so via Apple Home app which I couldn’t figure out either.
                                          then I unplugged the Theatre and restarted it and then I could easily change the name back via the B&O app.
                                          The arbitrary name was a combo of the name of a Bluetooth speaker I have and some random numbers. How can this happen and have you experienced anything similar?

Mr10Percent
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 9
                                            • Total Posts 511

The name of your theatre would have been something like BS Theatre – 00serial no00 >

As you can say, you can change/rename. However, i have not notice this before on my Unit

What I have noticed that if you rename the TV list or Radio List in the remote setting too often, it will reset to say HDMI A and cant be changed. Only a Hard Factory Reset can then change it.

I suspect its something about the BeoApp and the Theatre 2-way control which hangs up. I have raised these points with Beocare…..and maybe one day they get around to fixing it?

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,326 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.