Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

New product launch – beosound theatre?

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,321 total)
  • Author
    geoffmartin
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 109

I don’t have an Apple TV connected, just running the stock apps in the LG TV. The Atmos test videos I am playing via Plex and the stock Plex app in the LG.

Note that the LG TV can only send Atmos signals to the Theatre via eARC. ARC does not have enough bandwidth to support the data required. (there’s a table at https://www.techradar.com/news/hdmi-arc-vs-earc showing this, for example).

UPDATE: That previous paragraph is incorrect.  Atmos can be distributed over ARC in the Dolby Digital plus (DD+) CODEC.

I have not tried any Plex software since I tested it on my Synology NAS many years ago. However, if you are using Plex, you should verify that it can send an Atmos bitstream.

Regarding kuyttendaele’s comment – he’s correct, but this can be stated more generally. The only way to get an Atmos signal into Theatre is via HDMI. No other input will support Atmos.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
      BRONZE Member
        • Toronto, Canada
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 214

For those of us here with a NAS such as Synology with a “backup” of your movie files… Don’t bother using Plex as it has to re-encode on the fly. Instead just install the app INFUSE to your Apple TV and it will play all the files natively and create a beautiful Netflix like interface of your video files.

Curly
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 59

YannChris
          GOLD Member
            • Brittany, France
            • Topics Started 26
            • Total Posts 246

Instead just install the app INFUSE to your Apple TV and it will play all the files natively and create a beautiful Netflix like interface of your video files.

——————————————————————–

I totally agree with you.

Infuse plays on an Apple TV 4k all my SD/HD movies saved in a QNAP NAS.

Beautiful interface and good recognition of titles for film profiles creation, event for “confidential” movies or serials.

Sandyb
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 373

The 2.53 Theatre update (I dont have it, but someone else has), and here are the notes

Support for Tidal Connect

Apple Airplay Update

Spotify Connect update

Stereo pairing improvements

Improved Home Assistant support

Bug fixes / stability improvements

The release notes page for the Level say the same things

Guess its a Mozart platform update.

Gaea
              GOLD Member
                • Netherlands
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 52

For those of us here with a NAS such as Synology with a “backup” of your movie files… Don’t bother using Plex as it has to re-encode on the fly. Instead just install the app INFUSE to your Apple TV and it will play all the files natively and create a beautiful Netflix like interface of your video files.

Is there something wrong with re-encoding?
                It’s handy when Plex re-encoedes DTS as the Theatre cannot play that.
                And a Dolby Atmos movie is played just fine by Plex. As Dolby Atmos.

Besides, I don’t have an AppleTV as I have no use for it.

BRONZE Member
                  • Toronto, Canada
                  • Topics Started 8
                  • Total Posts 214

Is there something wrong with re-encoding?

Well there are downsides yes.  Your NAS has a have a decent CPU that can convert things on the fly and skipping forward or back will cause lag and delays.

If this is something that bothers you AppleTV and Infuse would be a better experience.

Hereford
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 27

@geoff any input on my perceived difference in experience between upmixed 2.0 input and Direct feed? I imagine the difference is pretty noticeable to anyone. At least, I find it hard not to prefer Direct.

How do you experience it yourself? What setup do you run? What sound modes do you prefer given various content.

BeoMedia
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 6
                      • Total Posts 95

How are software distributed; one region or country at the time? I still don’t have the latest version as I’m still on v2.3.4

How does that work?

(my Theatre is set to automatic updates and it states I’m at the latest version)

Sandyb
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 373

The only person i know of who has the 2.53 update is on the beta programme.

I’m not on the beat myself, so I’m not expecting that same update to come out of beta for a good while yet, so not point refreshing your browser (if you know what i mean)

He posted the release notes page on Discord, so its a real thing.

SimonWeir
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 4
                          • Total Posts 61

I am not on the Beta programme.  However I received the update in my app this evening.  I am in the UK.  My Theatre was installed on the 24th October.  I will install v2.5.3 tomorrow as by coincidence my LG G2 has also downloaded new software, and will apply the next time I turn on.

7BC7F743-FCDF-4E0C-9D25-FD211873A741
                          4EAE1BDF-725A-47BE-A341-27CD68B20C52

beojeff
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 7
                            • Total Posts 188

I’m on the beta program but haven’t gotten the update yet. However, the recent LG update fixed the issue of the Theatre not turning on the LG tv.

Mr10Percent
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 8
                              • Total Posts 510

I’m on beta but no bite yet despite taking software auto on/off and rebooting.

I think Simon has an early bird unit, mine was commissioned a week later. May be by serial number or registration date roll-out until there are enough units on a higher version to prove stability?

just guessing.

Millemissen
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Flensborg————Danmark
                                • Topics Started 21
                                • Total Posts 1,036

@SimonWeir

I am also still on the initial Theatre SW (and not on beta).

You write about the LG update.
                                It was offered today to me too, however I thanked no, since we just sat down to watch a movie.
                                What is in that update – something worth mentioning for a Theatre owner?

MM

beojeff
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 7
                                  • Total Posts 188

@SimonWeir I am also still on the initial Theatre SW (and not on beta). You write about the LG update. It was offered today to me too, however I thanked no, since we just sat down to watch a movie. What is in that update – something worth mentioning for a Theatre owner? MM

All that I’ve noticed is that after the LG update, the Theatre now reliably turns on the screen every time. Before the update, the Theatre would only turn on the screen for me if the Theatre had been used recently — such as within the past hour.

BRONZE Member
                                    • Toronto, Canada
                                    • Topics Started 8
                                    • Total Posts 214

@SimonWeir I am also still on the initial Theatre SW (and not on beta). You write about the LG update. It was offered today to me too, however I thanked no, since we just sat down to watch a movie. What is in that update – something worth mentioning for a Theatre owner? MM

The LG applies the update when you turn it OFF. It won’t download and reboot on the spot.

It apparently fixes some dolby vision problems which should be of help when watching content on the theatre.

Mr10Percent
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 8
                                      • Total Posts 510

The Theatre will recognise the number of powerlink connections connected. In my example, I have 4 “+”. If only connecting a single pair of BL3 with a splitter, you will show only 1 “+”.

Press the +, add a speaker.
                                      Press the new +! Add second speaker

then follow instructions to set channels (music plays in each speaker), the follow room sense

96420BE6-80B9-4A49-981B-4E3C2F2E2546

etype76
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 11
                                        • Total Posts 70

The Theatre will recognise the number of powerlink connections connected. In my example, I have 4 “+”. If only connecting a single pair of BL3 with a splitter, you will show only 1 “+”. Press the +, add a speaker. Press the new +! Add second speaker then follow instructions to set channels (music plays in each speaker), the follow room sense

What screen is that? I don’t get any “+”. Even when I go to product settings>connected speakers.

DAB3B7E3-7D71-45D9-AE29-47271991B656

etype76
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 11
                                          • Total Posts 70

I get it now. I just started all over again and see the + sign. It’s late so I’ll sort it out tomorrow. Thx Mr. 10 percent for pointing me in the right direction. 🙂

Mr10Percent
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 8
                                            • Total Posts 510

etype76,

Its kinda difficult to help if you dont give as much information as you can with these configuration issues. It looks like your BL3s are connected.

Do you have listening positions setup? Have you ever run room-sense with the BL3s connected? If the answer is yes, re-post with more info and screen shots.

If no, then on the picture above in your last post, press “reconfigure Power link setup” and connect 2 x BL3s. Then go to listening positions and create “new”, start from scratch and follow instructions on running room-sense.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,321 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.