Flash Your B&O – new(er) thread!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    trackbeo
    BRONZE Member

@Millemissen deserved pride of place at the head of this new photo thread because of actually posting a picture while the new forum was coming up!  Shamelessly stolen & re-posted here–>r0yb0kqciyl96iu5nj9huoq1xeekkagl

trackbeo
      BRONZE Member

The Beosound 1 (2nd gen) waiting with its Doc Ock friends to go outdoors onto the deck:

lovegrove-bs1

(The chairs are by Bernhardt, Ross Lovegrove’s “Go”.  The table is by Ekkornes, their “Enigma”.  Also, no-cables isn’t just the usual Danish conceit — notice the charging pad lurking on the floor!)

pepps
        BRONZE Member
          • Kent, UK

Those chairs are superb!

Evan
          BRONZE Member
            • San Francisco

Thanks to BeoWorld and PrizeDrawBot, my cubicle at work is looking incredible! Super thankful for the top prize in the prize draw.

Currently it is set up on my desk because I couldn’t resist waiting until I returned home but it may stay, I’m not sure. I have cables from Steve on the way and will be connecting this to my BeoLab 4000s at home or patching it into the mixer here at work later on, TBD.

Moment 1

Moment 2

Moment 3

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Evan.
            beosince
            BRONZE Member

30D9B4E8-8F9C-4045-81DD-7604ECFA95A9
              My beloved Beomaster 4400, matched with Beogram 4000 and Beovox S45-2.

Robert
              BRONZE Member

My setup:)

D9B1C259-84F6-4878-832C-D0C997C26358DC5FE160-DEC2-4B10-BA28-65F2AE720EEAF7E4AC90-1538-4334-89A8-ECBFCBEF2852E9BB3380-276E-486F-8084-9CC8411961152340560C-23BC-4FF7-BD6B-BA29C7EE1C582AB52A95-0A1B-4271-A13F-561E8455737D
                /Robert

ajames
                BRONZE Member

Wow, Robert that is a stunning setup and I love your apartment

Guy
                  GOLD Member
                    • Warwickshire, UK

I recently noticed that some B&O equipment had crept into one of my wedding photos, from 1989.  It’s actually a ‘portable’ MCL2 box consisting of two CX50’s with an MCL2 transceiver above.  It was connected up to my in-laws’ house B&O system by the local B&O dealer.

IMG_5529

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Guy.
                    Mbee
                    BRONZE Member

Wow Guy! This must be one of the rarest bit of B&O stuff ever pictured here!!

ajames
                      BRONZE Member

What a great way to start married life – brilliant, I never know those boxes existed

pepps
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Kent, UK

@Evan Your ‘cubical’ at work looks utterly baffling! A full-on hifi in an office cubical? How can that even be?!?! (Looks for big smiling emoji)

A most stunning office set-up all the same, bravo!

Evan
                          BRONZE Member
                            • San Francisco

@Evan Your ‘cubical’ at work looks utterly baffling! A full-on hifi in an office cubical? How can that even be?!?! (Looks for big smiling emoji) A most stunning office set-up all the same, bravo!

Hey Pepps – Thanks! I’m very lucky to work in a place that encourages such things. Not visible in the photos is the 8″ subwoofer hiding under the desk haha! If you ever wondered what a desk looks like at a major audio hardware ODM, this should answer it! My colleagues and I work for Tymphany and there are some mega audio hardware engineers (myself included) that are hard at work here. There are a few of us with complete audio systems at our desks. The main function of the mixer is to share tunes between my nearest colleagues (to and from) depending on who wants to DJ on a given day.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Evan.
                            beohuman
                            BRONZE Member

Thought folks would enjoy – limited edition BL28s in my home office 🙂

image0image1image2

pepps
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Kent, UK

@beohuman The stereo image from your desk must be exhilarating! Absolutely stunning to behold. Although, at the risk of being a little cheeky here, tack those cables to the skirting and paint them in dear fellow 🙂

geoffmartin
                                BRONZE Member

I read on the Interweb that analogue is better than digital, so I decided to try it out for myself and make up my own mind.

My latest acquisition is a Beocord 506K, combination wire recorder and 78 RPM record player with built-in loudspeaker and integrated carrying handle. “Flexible living” 1950’s style. There are connectors on the side for an optional external loudspeaker and a radio input.

As soon as I can get my hands on a compatible power cable, I’ll put on a pair of rubber gloves, plug it into an isolation transformer and see how much smoke gets released. Or maybe I should have a look inside first… Maybe someone already let the smoke out.

Side note: If anyone else has one of these and is thinking of digging around inside, note the following: “Two UL41 tubes (push pull AF output) are located under the asbestos cover on the left.”

67372293976__1D00A91A-103E-415E-A419-3AC4628D458F

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by geoffmartin.
                                  Beozip
                                  BRONZE Member

I have only the wire roll for this unique BeoCord 😉

Matchbox Collection 0

Tignum
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Netherlands

I read on the Interweb that analogue is better than digital, so I decided to try it out for myself and make up my own mind.

Nice find, looking forward to the verdict Geoff! I for sure cannot make up my mind: when I play a CD on my BeoGram CD7000, the sound goes through a BeoMaster 6500, an ML converter, a BLC, another BLC, a BeoSystem 3 and then finally to the BeoLab 8000s :-). How many digital/analog conversions would that be?
                                      Be careful smoking the asbestos.
                                      Johan

Tignum
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Netherlands

B&O at work. With some Ikea, Eames and Dell in the home office mix. I gave this BC6-26 a little TLC with speakerring repair, new fret cloth and a silent fan. Now I can use it as a monitor! Nice when playing a video! Need to tidy up the cabling now.20220530_084715

20220530_085304

matador
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Paris France

On the move with yougtimers – Beoplay A3 & iPad 1.

IMG_9599 (1)

Guy
                                          GOLD Member
                                            • Warwickshire, UK

Can’t compete with matador for stunning scenery and location, but I just got hold of this to solve my lack of FM radio in the living room:

IMG_6120

And added the ubiquitous AE to bring it into the 20th century 😀

IMG_6121

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.