Home Forums LifeStyle BeoPeople Flash Your B&O – new(er) thread!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Mbee
    BRONZE Member

942BAE4F-4B91-4B5F-A214-F873A0EC9CC1
      New outdoor speaker on new outdoor sofa!

JensT
      BRONZE Member

Avant held up from 2014 until now, still works but clearly shows signs of it breaking down with grey discolourations.. Anyone had simular issus? Picture taken as curtians close. Anyway, now i can flash the new Harmony instead. A huge upgrade i must say! Avant got moved to bedroom, hopefully it will kick on for some time

FC2B3C53-8E02-481B-BCCD-B5461C8C10D7115A898E-960E-4B05-B42C-EC47F4D94F5D

Tignum
        GOLD Member
          • Netherlands

That is some set-up you have JensT. Looks great and must sound sublime!

J.

Tignum
          GOLD Member
            • Netherlands

942BAE4F-4B91-4B5F-A214-F873A0EC9CC1 New outdoor speaker on new outdoor sofa!

When it is hot nothing beats the shadow of a tree and some cool music. Looks good Mbee.

matador
              • Paris France

Four years after the first cleaning, the top panel of my Beosound 3 needed another round. Now playing again crappy mp3 files! Isn’t the world beautiful?

IMG_9671

Hiort
              BRONZE Member

Summervibes 3CEB79DD-E955-40ED-AD64-2F80239EB719

Evan
                GOLD Member
                  • San Francisco

Impulse acquisition from the weekend. I was watching this pair of PentaLab 2’s on FB Marketplace for over a month but decided to finally go after them since I would be passing through the part of town they were listed in. Really nice pair visually but in need of some TLC, right tweeter is dead and all foams need replacing on the midrange surrounds. The amps seem to be in reasonable working order but need a bit of looking at in the future when time allows.

IMG_8826

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Toronto, Canada

My new Theatre BL18 and BL3’s

DSC02460DSC02449

trackbeo
                    Blocked

Not my installation, but Michael Jordan’s house is up for sale (again).  It’s stuck in the late 1990s — which I personally like, but makes for a tough sell at USD 15 million, 30 miles north of Chicago.  Beolab 1’s in both the living room and the guest house, plus 4000’s (not shown) as rear speakers in the guest house.  No BeoVisions, rather NEC monitors from back in the day:

mjhouse

mjguesthouse

Alas, no B&O in the in the basketball court…

trackbeo
                      Blocked

That same YouTube channel (Enes Yilmazer) just posted the Wallace Cunningham “Cascade” 2012 house in Park City, Utah with Beolab 18 & 19:

Enes Yilmazer tour

Oddly, it does not have speakers in the ceiling of every room, unlike most contemporary American mansions.  (Maybe they’re all hidden mud-in speakers, but with sloped ceilings and glass and Serpentine Verde stone walls, it must be an audio echo nightmare.)  A small theater room has a Beosound Stage.  No B&O televisions.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6JI1rmvqdU

matador
                          • Paris France

From the picture, also a Beosound Edge behind the red guitar ?

I, personally don’t see the point of the TV with the two 18’s so close and the sub underneath.
                          I read once, while ago that candidates for a Ferrari had to demonstrate their skills in driving… Harsh, but in some way, true. In this picture I can see fetichism (not sure an English word), will to show, and overstatement, but not pleasure or love for music (John Miles, if you’re reading…) or even sound.

If I use my “moderator” superpowers, I would add that this goes more in the “B&O in TV shows or movies” thread !

Millemissen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Flensborg————Danmark

…. I read once, while ago that candidates for a Ferrari had to demonstrate their skills in driving… Harsh, but in some way, true.

If similar would be the case for ’B&O drivers’, the company would soon be bankrupt.

MM

trackbeo
                            Blocked

If similar would be the case for ’B&O drivers’, the company would soon be bankrupt.

Absolute LoL @MM! “You have a good sense of humor… for a foreigner, Monsieur Frank — like the French, sly wit: Just the right amount of flavor.” — Inspector Tarconi, “The Transporter”

From the picture, also a Beosound Edge behind the red guitar ? I, personally don’t see the point of the TV with the two 18’s so close and the sub underneath. … … … In this picture I can see fetihism … … …

I missed the Edge!  Must take exception to your swipe, though: The Edge has a purpose, being used as the beautiful guitar amp!  And placing the 18s hard-by the TV is because its own speakers stink, therefore off/muted and localization of sound & dialogue demands such placement of Front L/R given phantom CC.  The reverse shot shows another piece of equipment I don’t recognize, underneath the Cedric Hartman lamp (which I do recognize: oooh, lamps!-).  (“View Image” in your browser to see full-size.) Maybe a mixer, thus this is the mansion’s “music room”?Screen shot 2023-02-15 at 10.33.15 AM

Yes, sorry to post a video screencap here in a thread that ought to be pictures of our own setups!  But this thread is moribund, and the photos immediately above came from the same YouTube channel, which doesn’t rise to the level of Movies, nor even TV (IMO:-).

Glitch
                              BRONZE Member

The reverse shot shows another piece of equipment I don’t recognize, underneath the Cedric Hartman lamp (which I do recognize: oooh, lamps!-). (“View Image” in your browser to see full-size.) Maybe a mixer, thus this is the mansion’s “music room”?

That looks like a guitar amp. Maybe a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special 2-Channel 30-Watt 1×12″ Guitar Combo?

Glitch

trackbeo
                                Blocked

Aha, of course!  As with the Edge, my personal “hidden surface algorithm” failed to parse the rest of the box behind the tabletop.  Thank you.

OK, here is another “hard-by” setup of Beolab 18s flanking a TV whose speakers are sub-par:DSC04366

(Setup is “Speakers 2”, i.e. no center.)  To my eternal cabling shame, note the diagonal Powerlink from the BV10 to the BL18.  But it was temporary: the speakers are going elsewhere, leaving the TV as a “utility” set in the office.  Now having fulfilled the purpose of this thread, ta-ta from yr servant, sincerely, etc. etc.

airmax_zh
                                  BRONZE Member

My Theatre and the 5’s… and 6002 as surround speakers… ?

2EDDD6FA-9278-44D3-AF28-849DE314EB72

remdk
                                    SILVER Member

My 48 years old Beomaster 1100 still playing nicely.

And my Beocenter 8500 also in good shape.

Also a Beogram 3300IMG_E1133IMG_1128IMG_1128

Tim
                                      BRONZE Member

Upgraded some parts of the house with new speakers. The Emerge is an amazing speaker for smaller rooms and the Level is perfect for rooms where a portable speaker is needed.4848E5F8-1B5D-4083-AB2F-E488C79B57D1B1B3270A-35E1-4E13-95C8-0744CA8F063A6DA140D2-C39E-47B8-99F0-4205EE647016

trackbeo
                                        Blocked

Nice!  I believe you could remove the 4 black rubber bumpers from the corners of the Level — they were intended for shipping, although they do fit very sleekly!  Underneath are tiny rubber dots & ells which hold the Level away just far enough from scratching the windowsill (or vice versa!-).  See close-up of @MBee’s unit at the top of this page, fully disrobed.

Tim
                                          BRONZE Member

@trackbeo

Thanks for your hint. But honestly I did let the black rubber protectors on the Level as I kind of like the look with them ? reduces the gold a bit.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.