Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 500 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark

Ok just checked a picture I took of it, and J1 is cut, J2 not mounted, J3 mounted, and J4 seems intact

F902B0AD-3B1F-42F1-BB64-4DC8031F7D24
      I cant find any mention og them in the service manual. trying to analyse a little about it: At J1 on the diagram Option 5/6 there is a dash over 5. Coild that mean option 5 if connected and option 6 is broken? However according to the Older MCL manual option 5 and is programable via remote. Could make sense if used without IR eye of course. But what does option tv on J4 mean then?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

I cant find any mention og them in the service manual. trying to analyse a little about it: At J1 on the diagram Option 5/6 there is a dash over 5. Coild that mean option 5 if connected and option 6 is broken? However according to the Older MCL manual option 5 and is programable via remote. Could make sense if used without IR eye of course. But what does option tv on J4 mean then?

I am not at all sure about any of this – but I don’t think it has anything to do with the mute problem.

I did, however, find this in the MCL Handbook Troubleshooting Guide:

mclhb

I think the type label is inside the back cover – any idea what type yours are?  Of course, it was only valid when written hence I would suspect that later transceiver versions may well work!

EDIT:  You have already mentioned all this and said earlier that yours are Type 2027 – sorry I forgot!

EDIT:  I just checked and the one connected to my MCL2AV is a Type 2046 and seems to work fine!

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark

I am not at all sure about any of this – but I don’t think it has anything to do with the mute problem.

No I don’t think so either. It was just something that could be of interest to the overall functionality of the MCL2AV.

I did, however, find this in the MCL Handbook Troubleshooting Guide: I think the type label is inside the back cover – any idea what type yours are?  Of course, it was only valid when written hence I would suspect that later transceiver versions may well work! EDIT:  I just checked and the one connected to my MCL2AV is a Type 2046 and seems to work fine!

Ok interesting and could makes sense. But there might be some confusion in the numbering. In the servicemanual the MCL2A is called type 2046 with transceiver type 2021. No trancivever is mentioned for the MCL2AV, but there is a separate section for the tranceiver type 2021.

The one I got with the MCL2AV has type 2047, Serial 08412681, SW 2.0.

IMG_8420

The other one is missing the shield with the badge, but has a number on the cardboard inlay which could be a serial number: 8920215.

IMG_8421

We might be going down a deep rabbit hole here…..

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK

I agree!

Have you tried putting the MCL2AV in MCL2A mode (by holding down the TIMER button and pressing RESET (SHIFT MUTE) on the BL1000? If I do this with mine, then use SHIFT RADIO 6 to turn it on, the LED stays on and no sound comes out of the PL speaker. However, pressing the sensor’s MUTE button I can hear the MCL2AV’s relay clicking on and off. Perhaps this works for your mute button?

I have then put the MCL2AV back in ‘2AV’ mode by holding down TIMER and pressing AV.

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

I agree! Have you tried putting the MCL2AV in MCL2A mode (by holding down the TIMER button and pressing RESET (SHIFT MUTE) on the BL1000? If I do this with mine, then use SHIFT RADIO 6 to turn it on, the LED stays on and no sound comes out of the PL speaker. However, pressing the sensor’s MUTE button I can hear the MCL2AV’s relay clicking on and off. Perhaps this works for your mute button? I have then put the MCL2AV back in ‘2AV’ mode by holding down TIMER and pressing AV.

Oh yeah that could be a good way to test it. Will try that tomorrow

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark

To add to the confussion I just found this picture of a MCL2A on ebay with the same type number as my tranciever

7BADCB98-D5C5-4D66-BB86-42ED5C6F0617

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark
                  Have you tried putting the MCL2AV in MCL2A mode (by holding down the TIMER button and pressing RESET (SHIFT MUTE) on the BL1000? If I do this with mine, then use SHIFT RADIO 6 to turn it on, the LED stays on and no sound comes out of the PL speaker. However, pressing the sensor’s MUTE button I can hear the MCL2AV’s relay clicking on and off. Perhaps this works for your mute button? I have then put the MCL2AV back in ‘2AV’ mode by holding down TIMER and pressing AV.Oh yeah that could be a good way to test it.

Ok, tried this now with both of the IR eye’s and the MCL2AV being stand alone or connected to the 1611 and the BC6. No way in any case will it respond to the timer + reset command or timer + AV for that matter. so no wiser on this matter. Of course my MCL2AV arrived with defects, so it might as well have other defects.

Regarding the numbering of the trancievers i found this in the MCL handbook:

Skærmbillede 2023-02-26 kl. 11.51.32

It seems that the MCL2Axxx and corrosponding tranciever i named with the same type numbers (2045, 2046, 2047). So when the text says that the tranciever for the MCL2AV is  the same as on the MCL 2ABLI then the type number shouldn’t matter, unless of course it’s type 2045 as mentioned in the troubleshooting section.

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

Yes I think we should ignore the transceiver numbers from now on! Mine are all 2046 or 2047, but all show SW2.0 so let’s suppose they all work the same with MCL2AV (except 2045).

Ok, tried this now with both of the IR eye’s and the MCL2AV being stand alone or connected to the 1611 and the BC6. No way in any case will it respond to the timer + reset command or timer + AV for that matter. so no wiser on this matter. Of course my MCL2AV arrived with defects, so it might as well have other defects.

I just tried removing the transceiver grey and/or yellow connectors to my MCL2av to see if I could replicate your mute fault. It works fully with grey and/or yellow disconnected – I just lose the ability to store start up volume (and it starts quietly each time). With those wires disconnected there is continuity between the grey and yellow terminals as shown on the circuit diagram.

Given that your other MCL2AV fault was a 5v supply problem, and the muting circuit seems to use a 5v supply, perhaps whatever damaged TR13 also damaged TR100? Perhaps someone connected an incorrect power supply (or incorrect polarity) in the past.

Madskp
                    GOLD Member
                      • Denmark

Given that your other MCL2AV fault was a 5v supply problem, and the muting circuit seems to use a 5v supply, perhaps whatever damaged TR13 also damaged TR100? Perhaps someone connected an incorrect power supply (or incorrect polarity) in the past.

I’m almost about to call you dr. diagnoses. When you mentinoed this it made me remember that in one of my first tires to fix the power part of it I suspected TR12 at first, and tried to exchange it with TR101 as it was the same type and had not to do with power supply.

Luckily I bought a supply of this type of transistor (BC848B) when I bought the replacement for TR13, if there was other faults.

I have replaced TR101, and also Tr100 as it actually had an old repair with some wire to fix a broken trace. I’m not sure if it made a difference yet, as I didn’t get the remote with me from the attic earlier and the little one is sleeping in the room below, so I can’t get it tonight.

One thing I noticed though is that the relay is clicking every time I move the unit just a little bit. I haven’t thought about that before, so it might also have done it before but the unit was always laying still when powered on. I might have to look in to that one of the comming days. Could be a loose connection of some kind

Madskp
                      GOLD Member
                        • Denmark

On that note, when doing a Google search for B&O information I think I am seeing less ‘Beoworld’ hits than before. Perhaps this is related to the new forum?

I just remembered this, and here is my input. I have a feeling that the most google hits I get from Beoworld forums is from the old 2007-2012 forum.
                        Guy
                          • Warwickshire, UK

One thing I noticed though is that the relay is clicking every time I move the unit just a little bit. I haven’t thought about that before, so it might also have done it before but the unit was always laying still when powered on. I might have to look in to that one of the comming days. Could be a loose connection of some kind

Yes my relay only clicks (twice about a second apart) when I power up the MCL2AV.

Madskp
                          GOLD Member
                            • Denmark

Yes my relay only clicks (twice about a second apart) when I power up the MCL2AV.

mine does start with the two clicks, so something is right. Ill have to check for loose connections

Madskp
                            GOLD Member
                              • Denmark

Ok, its something in the screw terminal for the connection of the tranciever, so it makes sense that it would loose connection every time I moved it a little. Still not perfect connection, but good enough that I could test that the Timer + reset / Timer + Av now works and the mute relay clicks when pressing the mute button in MCL2A mode, and works for PL when in MCL2AV mode. So I guees the replacement of TR100 and TR101 was the culprit, and the loose connction just confused me

Madskp
                              GOLD Member
                                • Denmark

And then a package with this content arrived:

1A0078A8-501D-4E1F-8A4C-CB837388E021

Stay tuned…..

Madskp
                                GOLD Member
                                  • Denmark

A little more info on my purchase.

The BL3500 is an MK1 with the MCL connector and SW 1.2.

The black box is another 1611 converter

I already tested the BL3500 with a minijack to MCL connector special cable, and its working fine so probably ready to go into the testing setup.

I dont think I realised before how the function with the Menu 0 4 GO is so easily aborted with any button press, so I really understand how its not an optimal way to use it.

Guy
                                    • Warwickshire, UK

Excellent purchase – and a long ML cable as well which will help with two-room setups. Looking forward to seeing some test results!

Madskp
                                    GOLD Member
                                      • Denmark

Excellent purchase – and a long ML cable as well which will help with two-room setups. Looking forward to seeing some test results!

yes the long ML cable was an added bonus as well as a bunch of PL cables and the 2 BEO4’s.

I wont have time for testing the comming weekend, so it might take a little while before the results are rolling in

matador
                                        • Paris France

Congratulations too.

First thing to try would be the 5v trick on the MCL port. Once Again, they guy on reddit swear it works but we have yet to see!

Madskp
                                        GOLD Member
                                          • Denmark

Congratulations too. First thing to try would be the 5v trick on the MCL port. Once Again, they guy on reddit swear it works but we have yet to see!

I most certanly will try various combinations of this

Madskp
                                          GOLD Member
                                            • Denmark

Madskp wrote:
                                            Thanks for testing this. So the fifth audio input for the BL3500 is not an option. Might also have been overkill

I already tested the BL3500 with a minijack to MCL connector special cable, and its working fine so probably ready to go into the testing setup.

Got a crazy idea. If the MCL input on the BL3500 can be used with line level signals the MCL input of the MCL2AV’s could probably also do that?

Quick testing with some cable with phone plugs, and connected my iPhone for sound input

IMG_8430

And there you go. an extra input that can be chosen by any audio command that is not used for a datalink unit connected to the DIN inputs.

The other inputs can still be used with shift+radio+6/7 or the respective audio command if it’s a datalink unit.

Im not sure if the sound is a little lower, but didn’t have time to make a head to head comparison with the same source on other inputs right now.

will followup on this at a later point

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 500 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.