Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

tb59427

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: MasterLink USB adapter #125748
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    Yes, I am using MDTv2. Not sure about not using lite OS.

    I have it running on a dedicated Pi (I mean, they still cost next to nothing). I have made extensive additions to Philips original code base (if you like, you can check them in my clone of Philips repo). I have added:

    • Sendspin (e.g. Music Assistant) and MPD as audio providers
    • several providers per B&O source — e.g. Sendspin and AirPlay sharing N.MUSIC, whoever starts last plays
    • Music recognition for the turntable: identifies what’s on the record via Shazam (shazamio) from the audio alone and shows title, artist, album and cover — optional, recognize = true (funny feature – most songs really are recognised really quickly)
    • Home Assistant integration: the Pi reports what each source plays (including AirPlay straight from an iPhone, with cover art, and the recognized record), plus HA automations and one dashboard card for it all. So, regardless whether music comes from MusicAssistant (Homeassistant’s front end to most streaming services with tight integration into homeassistant) or it comes directly from e.g. your iPhone a mediaplayer in homeassistant displays what’s playing
    • Web UI: configure sources, providers, turntable, Home Assistant and LIGHT keys in a browser — validated by the bridge, comments in the config kept
    • MasterLink Gateway emulation: the Pi can replace a B&O MLGW for Home Assistant’s mlgw integration — devices, Beo4 commands, ML events. This means, you can control all your streaming stuff from e.g. a Beo4 but you can also control all your B&O gear (with few exceptions) from homeassistant. E.g. when my alarm goes off in the morning on my iPhone, internet radio starts playing on my BL passive in the bathroom and 15min later, all the blinds open in the house and music also starts on the BL2000 in the kitchen. Essentially this way ML has arrived in 21st century

    Especially the latter one may be flawed. I have used an MLGW to connect ML to my Homeassistant house automation. Using the Masterlink Gateway integration I reverse engineered the functions this integration uses. I am pretty sure that the original MLGW may provide more functions I am not aware of. Right now, though, MDTv2 has been replacing my original MLGW without any issues.

    • This reply was modified 3 hours, 19 minutes ago by tb59427.
    in reply to: MasterLink USB adapter #125593
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    I have it – works reasonably well (if you know what your are doing). Some small issues still. In conjunction with homeassistant and the  masterlink plugin I can now stream radio, tidal, … using my old B&O stuff all controlled via Beo4. Very nifty. But clearly not a consumer product – more a product for the technically interested and inclined….

     

    in reply to: On/off macro for BeoLink Gateway #63024
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    Also, just in case you might control your lights (and home for that matter) via homeassistant: there’s a cool plugin for homeassistant that effectively receives all the traffic on the ML bus. Each event on the ML bus creates a trigger in homeassistent. With this you can easily program actions in homeassistant which catch beo4 key presses and trigger whatever you want in homeassistant.

    cheers

    -tb

    in reply to: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations #42527
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    The more you guys write about these converters the more fascinating it gets. One thing that struck me (but maybe dillutes the topic and needs to go in separate thread): if the 1615 can translate ML audio into more digestible DL/AAL formats, couldn’t we attach an AD converter with AUX in to it and use it as a poor man’s “stream any ML source to modern speakers” device?

    Will probably get a 1611 next week and then I’m gonna start my BeoGram (and now BeoCord, too – my old tape deck mysteriously still works well 🙂 ML adventure

    in reply to: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations #42523
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    It hasnt been tested in this thread, but Guy concluded based on the servicemanual that it is only One way ML->AAL https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-and-1611-converter-settings/page/9/#post-14356 So I guess you better look out for the 1611

    Interesting – so if I wanted to connect a BeoGram record player to my ML network (I don’t have any product that can control the BeoGram anymore, would I be able to remote control it via the 1611/1615? Or would a 1611/14 converter be insufficient as it still needs a beomaster talking properly to the turntable?

    in reply to: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations #42521
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    Quick question for the “1611 creative use SWAT team” 🙂

    I can get my hand on a 1615. Now this box obviously only has the AUX port. But other than that: would this box allow my similar stunts to what you guys are pulling with the 1611?

    cheers

    Torsten

    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    Hi,

    ich hab den bestimmt 20 Jahre in der Combo mit meinen BL8000 gehabt. Ohne klingen die BL8000 schon etwas flach. Ich hab den in der Combo gern genutzt. Jetzt steht er unter meinem Schreibtisch und hilft meinen BL4000, die am Mac angeschlossen sind, zu eine ordentlichen Fundament. Ich find den gut.

    Gebrauchte Preise wirst Du in den einschlägigen Portalen leicht finden.

    Gruß

    Torsten

    in reply to: BeoMaster 5 and A.AUX #44246
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    ….just do a search for it. And…..if you want to connect more than one device, you’d need some kind of switch too.

    As for the 2nd question – I remember back in the days, that I had a stock external USB drive connected….so yes that should work! I would however, not recommend it – it will be much easier to use a PC/Mac for this, because you will have to tag the files properly in order to have these searchable and showing coverpics etc on the BS5. MM

    Thanks for both hints. Found my old USB CD drive and hooked to the Mac. Still works 🙂 So that should be easier. Agreed.

    in reply to: BeoMaster 5 and A.AUX #44245
    tb59427
    BRONZE Member

    …

    The setup would look something like this: BM5 -ML- 1611 -7 pin Datalink- MCL2AV – Beogram/Beocord

    Yeah, I’ve been following this thread with a mixture of amusement, fascination and sheer respect for the amount of knowledge present in this community. I have started to put out searches in ebay classifieds to see whether I can source the components at reasonable prices to also build such a setup.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)