Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CharlieWednesday

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Beocord 1200 Belt Replacement #125682
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Excellent.  It looks like replacing the belts is a bit complicated in this model!  At least I have these very thorough instructions snow though, thank you.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beosound 9000 help! #125603
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Have you set the spring suspension on the back to the correct position, depending upon if your BS9000 is flat, vertical or horizontal?

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Connecting Powerlink in Series – question #125595
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    I am now thinking it’s too complicated, just for the benefit of a faster startup of my audio sources.

    By the way, the BL3000s are set to Audio – another curiosity my BV11 to these older speakers is that the displays don’t work if set to Video, but do work (if only partially) if set to Audio.

    Thanks for all of the info.  If I ever do buy a Powerlink Switch out of curiosity, I let you know how it all works.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Connecting Powerlink in Series – question #125570
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thanks both; sorry I should have explained why I was considering the Powerlink switch option in more detail.

    I already have my Beosound 9000 connected to my Beovision 11 via a Beolink Converter NL/ML, and it works.  My speakers are connected to the TV and are all assigned roles, working in surround when watching TV, and in stereo when listening to audio.

    The problem is though – its starts so slowly!  When I want to listen to an audio source such as CD, I have to wait a full minute for the TV to start up before I hear any music.

    Setting quick start timers for the TV doesn’t work for me either – there seems to be some strange compatibility issue when using Mk2 Powerlink with the TV.  If I set the TV to quick start, then my Beolab 3000 speakers always stay switched on – they don’t go into standby when the TV is on standby.  They only go into standby if I don’t use quick start timers.

    That’s why I considered a Powerlink switch.  That way I could connect the TV and the BS9000 separately to my speakers, and when I listen to an audio source, the TV would not need to start up, so I won’t have to wait!

    There is also another couple of potential advantages to this:

    • Beolab 3000 displays:  Connected to my TV the displays on my Beolab 3000 only display ‘TV’ and the volume, regardless of what source is active.  If I connect my BS9000 to the speakers via a Powerlink switch, I’ll see actual audio sources, track numbers, radio preset numbers on those displays.
    • Beolink Converter Issues:  The BLC is a clever thing to be sure, but it can sometimes behave a bit unpredictably.  With a Powerlink switch, I don’t think I’d have any need to use the BLC

    As @carolpa makes clear though, Powerlink only carried L/R signals so I’d need two Powerlink switches, not just one, so I’ll have to give it some thought.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Active vs passive Penta #125011
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    I’ve never owned Beovox Penta (the passive version) but I do own a pair of Beolab Penta (the active version).  Apart from the amplifier, the Beolab version also have a display in the centre which shows info such as source, volume, track number.  That display is only useful if connected to a compatible B&O audio system and/or TV.  Beovox Penta sell quite a bit cheaper than Beolab Penta so for you, I’d honestly recommend the Beovox passive version of these fine and very attractive speakers.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    I would love to give this a try, although I’m a bit scared I’ll damage mine trying to upgrade it to a 5c!  I might look out for another Beomaster 5 on eBay so I can experiment with a second one.  I’d love to be able to stream from the likes of Spotify on my BS5, and with remote control too – brilliant.

    I use my Beosound 5 in Audio Slave mode with a Beosound 9000 as the Audio Master in my setup – does the 5c support that?

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolab 50 mind of their own? #124997
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Do you have them to a B&O TV that automatically checks for software updates periodically?  This used to happen to my Beolab Penta which were connected to my Beovision 11 TV, and after a while I realised it was happening at the same time each day.  I deactivated the automatic update checks on the TV, and it stopped happening.

    It’s an outside possibility that it’s the same thing, but you never know.  My suspicion either way would be that they are not switching themselves on – whatever is connected to them is probably doing that.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink Converter NL/ML Misbehaving #124991
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thank you Carolpa, that worked.  I did exactly what you said in exactly that sequence.  At first the problem continued but then I realised I had forgotten to put the devices back into the Connect To (primary) and Connect To (secondary) options on the BLC settings.  Once I did that, it worked.

    In case anyone has a similar setup, this is what works for me:

    BV11-46

    • Both my Beolink Converter and Beosound Moment are added under Product Integration in the menu.
    • The TV is set to Opt. 2
    • All sources are set to the buttons I want to use for them, including the Beosound Moment set to A.Mem

    Beosound Moment

    • Set to use TV speakers in the menu

    Beosound 9000

    • Set to Opt. 0

    Beosound 5

    • Set to A.Slave mode

    Beolink Converter

    • Config/Settings tab – ML Enabled with the role set as V. Master.  Connect To (primary) is set to BV11-46, Connect To (secondary) is set to Beolink Converter
    • Config/Experience Mapped to NL tab – Radio, CD and N.Music ticked as Enabled, no other sourced ticked
    • Config/IR Mapping tab – CD, Radio and A.Aux set to Beolink Converter,  A.Mem set to Beosound Moment, all video sources set to BV11

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink Converter NL/ML Misbehaving #124983
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Sorry to bump the post, but I still haven’t solved this, and it’s frustrating because it used to work fine.

    I’ve tried many things now – I tried changing my BS9000 to Opt.1 instead of Opt.0, I’ve tried changing my Beolink Converter ML Role from ‘V.Master’ to ‘Source Centre’ or ‘A.Slave’ (although V.Master always worked in the past), I’ve tried disconnecting the power and reconnecting everything in various different sequences, but I’m stuck with the same problem – whenever I select an ML audio source (CD, Radio, N.Music, Aux), my Beovision 11 Powers on, shows the source in the centre of the screen, but then after a moment says ‘STOPPED’ in the top-right of the screen.  If I hit the source button again on my remote, the source then plays.

    It’s so frustrating that it worked fine for a long time but then suddenly this weird behaviour started happening.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Very helpful – thank you.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    It is my understanding that the MCL82 is only for the Beomaster 5000 or the Beocenter 7*** range.  These were made before the Beolink standard that the Beolink 1000 (and all later B&O IR remotes) were built to.

    I think you would need the later model MCL2a, also sold as the ‘X-tra Speaker Kit’, along with the compatible transceiver.

    As far as I know the MCL cable you have already (with the 3-pin speaker plugs) should work with an MCL2a, so hopefully you’ll be able to find one, with a transceiver, cheap on eBay.  There don’t appear to be any listed now but one will come up I’m sure.

    Sold without an MCL cable, you should only have to pay about £20-£30 for it.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolab 4 – constant static noise #124542
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Oh no it’s my fault. I had forgotten about that other conversation, I know I did have them set to Line, but have at some later point forgotten that they should remain on Line and have switched them to PC. I have an appalling memory.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolab 4 – constant static noise #124540
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    I bought another pair of Beolab 4 by the way as I looked into the cost of getting my faulty one repaired (I was advised it’s almost certainly a busted amplifier), and it was cheaper to just buy another pair.

    I think I know what happened, and it’s my own fault!  Ther’s a switch on the underside of Beolab 4 to switch between ‘Line’ and ‘PC’.  I had mine connected to a PC, so I had selected PC.  I should have checked the manual – if you have them set to ‘PC’ they don’t go into auto standby.  They’d been switched on for months! Little wonder the amp stopped working in one of them.

    I didn’t realise they were not going into standby as I am colourblind, so didn’t realise the LED on top was not changing colour when I powered my PC on or off.

    So, if you have Beolab 4 connected to a PC, make sure that switch is not set to PC!

     

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thank you – that’s really useful.  I am following the correct procedure to make a recording, but it’s not working.  The previous recording that’s already on the tape remains, so I’m guessing there’s something wrong with the recording heads.

    Probably not worth the cost of getting it repaired, but I’ll look into it, thanks.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 batteries #124396
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    If I were to send you both of mine, would you be prepared to fix one, and you can keep the other?  If you could PM me with an approximate price for that, I’d be grateful.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 batteries #124390
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thanks for the advice skolesen, I might try that.

    And also thanks Guy – the battery cover arrived.

    I now have two Beolink 5000s, one does not seem to work at all (although it could be the battery contacts – I haven’t investigated further yet), the other one does appear to be working from the phone camera test, but I haven’t yet got my Beocenter 9500 out of storage to test it fully.  My Beomaster 6500 does appear to pick up some signals from it, but not many, and not always the one that corresponds to the button pressed!

    Both are in great cosmetic condition but both have loose displays which come fully out of the housing, and I know they displays will probably have dead pixels anyway.  I know that the two-way communication is often faulty on these too.

    Does anyone know where I can get these repaired, or at least one of them?  I don’t believe Multicare repair these, but correct me if I’m wrong.

     

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 batteries #124313
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Ah – there appears to be a glitch in the PM thingy – if I search for user ‘Guy’, you are the fourth one down, and your name is partially hidden by the text box formatting buttons:

    Because of this, I can’t click your name.  Maybe you could PM me, and I can reply?

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 batteries #124311
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    That’s very kind Guy – I’ll do that.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Beolink 5000 batteries #124309
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thank you – I did have them in the right way after all then.  It’s not working, so I’ll have to have a more detailed look at it.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

    in reply to: Lintronic TT455-RT-238 info #124246
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member

    Thanks – as long as I know it can learn new commands, It’ll definitely be useful to me, so I’ll download the configurator and get a licence for it.

    Location: Liverpool

    My B&O Icons:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 463 total)