Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Beofile7
BRONZE Member“Of the overwhelming qualities of using ‘Apple Atmos BT”
Well I didn’t say that at all did I? I merely stated that a BT connection sounds superior to Airplay or Spotify Connect after being advised that there are better ways to connect? When it works! And I totally stand by that.
‘Somewhat ironic seeing a post from you attempting to ridicule my critisms of Beolab 50 after you had so many issues with yours they had to be replaced?
And for sure I have reached the end of the road. If there was a way out without losing so much money I would have taken it long ago!
But for sure I will not set my sights on any more of this tech that only barely works, occasionally, with virtually no support!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberConvince you of what?
I am asking a question? ‘Looking for answers?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberI am sorry but until you have owned and lived with Beolab 5o’s you will not be understanding what is happening here?
Normal streaming services can sound very nice on lesser equipment I a very sure?
Beolab 50’s really show every difiencancy in sound delivery? That creates issues?
I have played around now for a few days with Spotity Connect lossless versus normal connecting via BT vs Apple music Atmos and the Apple Atmos BT wins hands down 200%! So much more clarity, colour, depth, softness, and presence.
But the connection is not stable!!!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberI just managed to swap spotify connect for spotify bluetooth! The difference is sound quality is remarkable. So anyone taking the P out of Bluetooth take a long hard look in the mirror? You are so wrong!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberYeah well… I was anticipating someone coming out with all the numbers to say this is better than that? So you didn’t disapoint.
But I am not wearing it! Spotify on Lossless does not come close at all with Apple Hi res music lossless.
Sorry. Apple wins hands down with these speakers. Living with Spotify woud drive me crazy. It already is!
But is there another way to send Apple Music to the Beoconnect Core as the BT seems to be the issue?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberHmmmmm….
Well today I suscribed to Spotify instead of Apple music.
I have just spent 30 mins listening to their way (however that is?) of connecting to the Beoconnect Core and I am so unimpressed I will now cancel my sub to them! Incredibly weak and thin lacking in detail and depth!
It is so woefully down on sound quality compared to bluetooth connected Apple music.
So whilst you critise my choice of bluetooth connection perhaps you could enlighten me as to what is better?
For sure Spotify has failed misserably!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberThey are sold at 50,000 GBP as “wireless” speakers. To try to argue that that has conditions is really pathetic!
I had a Core. That worked flawlessly, Now replaced with a connect core. Nothing but connection issues!
You ask why Bluetooth? That is the way the connect core is designed to receive music? How else? Or am I missing something?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberBut they have been LAN wired connected. It is no different! So no. That is not the issue!
I feel you are now trying to make excuses? Every other B&O speaker sold also has a LAN connection. It is never required over a wireless connection!
ALL my other wireless connected appliences work 100% with no failures whatsoever. Yet all I get is “your connection is at fault” over these speakers? NO! That is not acceptable.
And here is another one…
App update done today and many, not all, sound settings reset to zero again! Everytime!
Just a horrible piece of equipment to live with!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberI do need to emphasize something here…..
All these modern B&O speakers are sold as wireless speakers! That is their primary source. Any wired connection is only “old tech” secondary.
So before anyone makes a critisism of the wireless situation try reading the B&O sales literature?
Before my dealer closed I discussed some sort of exchange of my Beolab 50’s for Beolab 28’s just to escape this crazy situation?
They responded that the Beolab 28’s are even worse!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberHi Yann. OK, here we go…….
So you accept that control over these very expensive speakers is compromised? It doesn’t always work.
I have connected everything through Ethernet, it makes no difference whatsoever. Besides, these items are sold as “wireless”. They should work wirelessly?
My setup does not permit a permanent wired internet connection. Day to day I do rely on wifi connections, along with many other devices that have no issue at all! I refuse to accept that is the issue! It simply is not.
I had a Beosound Core previously that was connected to the Beolab 50’s via digital optical. It did not lose connectivity like the Beoconnect Core does.
With the Beoconnect Core connected via USB to Beolab 50’s it become “one unit” as far as the app is concerned. There is only one icon, not two. I cannot access many details like I could with a straight Core. There is no way to access a bluetooth menu that I can find?
The Beoremote One BT is completely set up to control many many products. They appear in the “list” menu. But only when you have scrolled away from the base menu? How is that even possible? B&O?…. Really?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberHi Carolpa. That you for taking an interest. I’ll try to answer your questions in sequence:
- Yes the Beolab 50’s have multiple inputs for various sources designed to be connected at once and then the source selection is automatic except wireless powerlink which needs selecting manually through the app. This works no problem. All Beolab 50 controls are solely through the app!
- Beosystem 7000 wired is faultless. Connect Core USB to Beolab 50,s is fine too.
- As stated Beolab 50 is controlled via the app. It continually hangs particularly on the “configure” page so all sound adjustments become unavailable. In 6 years of Beolab 50 ownership it has always done this but through app updates it has improved massively. It used to hang 90% of the time you tried to use it. Now it is about 20%.
- Yes I have a bluetooth connection. I have many bluetooth connected appliances around the house that all work 100% no problem.Bluetooth speakers, computers, printers, ipads, iphones, Apple Airtags, Beosound Halo, Apple TV, Google Chromecast. I have never had any issue with any of them!
- Yes, other than B&O Radio that does work I use the Beoconnect Core streamer for streaming only from Apple Music. It connects either through Apple Airplay which is bad quality or Bluetooth, 1000 times better. But it continually loses this connection and refuses to find it again. Rebooting, restoring to factory, de-powering…… makes no difference. The Beosound Core and iphone/ipad simple refuse to find each other again! I had a friend look at it who is much more savvy with these things than me and he was also lost over it! Many times now after trying for hours I give up only to find that the next morning the two have re-connected themselves overnight.
- I do not know what the format of Apple Music is, sorry.
Similarly the Beoremote One BT keeps losing bluetooth connection with both the Beoconnect Core and Beosound M5. The I/R function remains servicable.It requires a reset back to new to get it to function again. This seems to occur every 3-4 weeks.
So to my mind it is a connectivity issue? As so many others have highlighted with so many B&O modern products over the last few years? It is highly unstable?
Many references to B&O directly have been made. Their response is always the same… “Consult your dealer.” My dealer has now recently closed!
So I hope that makes for some interesting reading? Thanks again for your input.
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberOh.. forgot to mention the Beomemote one BT that keeps losing bluetooth connection with both the Beoconnect Core and a Beosound M5. It still says it is paired but it does nothing. It needs rebooting everytime!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberThe issue is one of connectivity… always with everything B&O these days!
My beosystem 7000 is wired to Beolab 50’s. That all works on demand except… trying to control the Beolabs via the app. It has improved over the years but is still very much hit and miss. My dealer and B&O kept blaming my internet. Total rubbish! I have changed providers 3 times and with 3 different routers and it all made no difference. I always blamed their useless app. Over the years the app has improved and so has the connectivity. case closed. But it still fails at an unacceptable failure rate! Both wired and wireless, makes no difference! Last night it failed.
There is a Beoconnect Core wired to the Beolab 50’s with a USB connection. The Bluetooth continually fails. Even half way through playing a track! And it refuses to reconnect. Hours and hours spent trying to reconnect… no way! Come back tomorrow?…. it is now connected!
My dealer has been next to useless as has B&O themselves and now the dealer has closed.
The frustration level would be through the roof with any system giving this amount of grief but with such an expensive product it is completely unacceptable?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberYes well I cannot argue with any of this.
On a positive note when the Beolabs play well they do play well and i can now report as from today the failure rate of communication to them has improved from 99.99% failure to just 99% failure!
It is actually a miracule if they ever work as intended? Today?…. Not ones of those days! AGAIN!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberNo need to apologise Martin Martin. You are dead right. I wish I had never got involved with anything B&O over the last 10 years. I used to have a system that just worked. No issues, ever! Now it is just one after another endlessly!
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberThey are wirelessly powerlink connected to a BV11 but that remains off. The BV11 does not check for updates at all. The BL50’s do. Besides, this has been the situation for 6 years now but this BL50 issue just started a couple of weeks ago.
They are connected to a beoconnect core also.
I am sure it is an update situation but why is this happening everyday?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberAnd now after trying to message B&O through their app my access has been denied as it says account disabled! Yet on the app it is still current. What is going on B&O?
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberYes I have just noticed the same. I am afraid I virtually gave up using the app for anything long ago. It is just too painful to use.
I put off buying a Halo but eventually sucummed. All the colours are still there. (for now!!)
Beofile7
BRONZE MemberMy understanding is that beam width plays no part in room compensation? Either will do and then choose wide or narrow and save as a preset?
Unless someone knows different?
29 October 2025 at 08:17 in reply to: Problem with BL50 at 24 bits/192 kHz bitrate on coaxial input #70753Beofile7
BRONZE MemberWell to be fair my issue is also a first world problem, just a different century!
-
AuthorPosts