Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,181 through 1,200 (of 1,328 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Duesentrieb
    BRONZE Member

I’m using BL3’s connected via WiSA. Works fine. However, the BT does not know that BL3’s are connected, and there is now way to tell this to the BT. Hence the loudspeaker-specific bassmanagement cannot work like it was appraised. This would need changes to the software. So far I have seen no indication that B&O has intentions to change this.

solidkd
      BRONZE Member

So i guess using oder beolab speakers via WiSa by reveiver1 will cause the same problem?I remember that BT has allready buildin all the older BL speaker data out of box

frankmj
        BRONZE Member
          • Elsinore, Denmark

I had a problem with my 2 rear Beolab 17 connected via WISA not always turning green at startup.

I wrote for help in a danish forum on facebook how to update the software with a Beolab Transmitter 1. Suddenly Jacob from B&O support wrote, that if the BL17 was connected to a Beosound Theatre, he could update the SW remotely. After the update there’s no problems with the connection.

/frank

NQVHNWI
          FOUNDER Member

Although it remains a problem for standalone BL17s on “dumb” music systems, there’s nothing stopping the BL17 being voiced to original specifications (or improved specifications) via the DSP Theatre?

The other aspect is….that I always assumed the BL17/18….software updates were for WISA upgrades and not for the voicing/sound of the speaker. I dont know if that is correct or not….but it would be excellent if it could? I wonder if this is automatic, or you have to plug the SW into a USB stick and use the Theatre as a Transmitter1?

Daniel Duesentrieb
            BRONZE Member

Yes, the BT has the bass parameters for older speakers, but when hooked up via Beolab Receiver 1/WiSA there is no way telling the BT to which one it is connected. This is rather stupid. Would require an add-on in the software.

Reno
              BRONZE Member
                • København/Danmark

I had a problem with my 2 rear Beolab 17 connected via WISA not always turning green at startup.

I wrote for help in a danish forum on facebook how to update the software with a Beolab Transmitter 1. Suddenly Jacob from B&O support wrote, that if the BL17 was connected to a Beosound Theatre, he could update the SW remotely. After the update there’s no problems with the connection.

/frank

I also have BL17 as rear speakers and I would like them to be updated.

What did Jakob from B&o support do. exactly that update BL17?

frankmj
                BRONZE Member
                  • Elsinore, Denmark

I also have BL17 as rear speakers and I would like them to be updated. What did Jakob from B&o support do. exactly that update BL17?

Jacob did send a request in the B&O app, for me to accept remote control of my Beosound Theatre. Then he just updated the software on my BL17’s 🙂

/frank

Reno
                  BRONZE Member
                    • København/Danmark

Thanks for the reply and help -I will contact support tomorrow Monday?

frankmj
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Elsinore, Denmark

You’re welcome 🙂

/frank

svendsen991
                      BRONZE Member

Received the update 3.2.1 yesterday. Sound volume from TV has decreased drastically. Normal listening volume was around 50, now I have to crank it up to 55!! Switching between channels causes audio loss! Sometimes no sound at all. In other words, drama. Anyone else with the same problems?

Hi Marc,

Can you describe your setup? Are your external speakers connected via Wisa or Powerlink?
                        Also what formats are you listening to? Dolby Digital, ATMOS or PCM? Or is the volume decreased on all formats?

Marc
                        BRONZE Member

Hi, my setup is Theatre with 2x Beolab 28. Wisa. Decrease is by watching Live tv. The rest is fine. Only live tv is the “problem”.

Wegweg
                          BRONZE Member

My BT is connected to BL9s, and there is the occasional humming noise that is driving me crazy. I shift the power cables or PL cables a little and it disappears for awhile, but always comes back again. Would be grateful for any help.

svendsen991
                            BRONZE Member

My BT is connected to BL9s, and there is the occasional humming noise that is driving me crazy. I shift the power cables or PL cables a little and it disappears for awhile, but always comes back again. Would be grateful for any help.

What kind of Powerlink cables are you using? It is known if you use an unofficial cable without proper shielding the Powerlink data telegrams can cause periodic noise.

Wegweg
                              BRONZE Member

I’m using PL cables from Sounds Heavenly.

svendsen991
                                BRONZE Member

Hmm… Can you record it and share it?

Wegweg
                                  BRONZE Member

Hmm… Can you record it and share it?

Guess what? I swapped the cable out, and the humming is gone! Perhaps I got a defective cable.

NQVHNWI
                                    FOUNDER Member
                                      BeoMedia
                                      BRONZE Member

Occasionally my LG CX television loses the internet connection. I notice this when an LG pop up notification shows up reading something like “Ethernet connection has been reestablished”. Streaming service then halts (Netflix or similar) until it has buffered again so it can play.

the Ethernet cable to the LG CX television is connected to the Beosound Theatre so the connection from the Theatre must drop out occasionally (Theatre connected to my router directly with an ethernet cable).

Has anyone else experienced this if so what could the cause be; hardware or software? If the latter one can only hope it will be solved by a future update of the Theatre.

Ingo
                                        BRONZE Member

Hello,
                                          For weeks I’m looking for the error.
                                          I have internet from Vodafone with FRITZ!Box 6690 cable (500Mbits/s).
                                          Sporadically, the LG Oled G3 65″ loses the Internet connection, Theatre is via LAN, connection to the TV with Ethernet cable. (CAT6)
                                          The stupid thing is that then with BR1 the TV can no longer be operated. I have now uninstalled the B&O app, so I can at least control the TV and the volume with the Magic Control. The BR1 I then only take for the Theatre to control sound modes and speaker groups.
                                          The TV doesn’t find the DNS server anymore, with DHCP it looks for an internal IP (169.254.192.xxx; subnet: 255.255.0.0), so no routing to the internet.
                                          With manual setting of the network connection the same problem, no matter whether DNS of the FRITZ!BOX or public DNS (Google etc.)
                                          After restarting the TV everything is o.k. again, until next time.

The error was already before the update.

Sandyb
                                          BRONZE Member

Occasionally my LG CX television loses the internet connection. I notice this when an LG pop up notification shows up reading something like “Ethernet connection has been reestablished”. Streaming service then halts (Netflix or similar) until it has buffered again so it can play. the Ethernet cable to the LG CX television is connected to the Beosound Theatre so the connection from the Theatre must drop out occasionally (Theatre connected to my router directly with an ethernet cable). Has anyone else experienced this if so what could the cause be; hardware or software? If the latter one can only hope it will be solved by a future update of the Theatre.

Yes, I get the same – though usually I get the same LG pop-ups when I start / switch on the Theatre, and then all is good.  But its all indicative of unstable / unreliable communication between the LG panel and Theatre unit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,181 through 1,200 (of 1,328 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.