Update Beosound Theatre 3.2.1

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Update Beosound Theatre 3.2.1

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Marc
      • Topics Started 13
      • Total Posts 35

Received the update 3.2.1 yesterday. Sound volume from TV has decreased drastically. Normal listening volume was around 50, now I have to crank it up to 55!! Switching between channels causes audio loss! Sometimes no sound at all. In other words, drama. Anyone else with the same problems?

Mr10Percent
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 456

I’ve had 3.2.1 for a few weeks now. No issues on my side.

You don’t state if you have Front L/R with the Theatre or standalone, nor the size/distance for sound at 55?

I have found a need (going back over the last couple of months at least) to ease-off the BL90s db and increase the Theatre Soundbar db level. (Configured C-C-C). I typically listen to Atmos movies at 40 volume – so it all comes into effect.

I imagine if B&O have done anything to the soundbar, they have probably just stepped up the attenuation to make it a bit more controlled and less boomy at a given volume and given roomsense calibration and given accompanying surrounds etc..

Sandyb
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 293

same as below, I’ve had 3.2.1 for a few days now, and no volume issues on either of my Theatre setups (one is standalone, one has 50s/17s also attached). No volume issues post update on either.

Watched a blu-ray (i.e 5.1) last night on my larger setup – i.e good quality signal – and volume 40 was perfect.

Watching the same content now on my standalone bedroom Theatre – this time from Paramount+, which only gives a PCM 2.0 signal – and I need volume 53.

Otherwise though,  when it comes to the 3.2.1 update, no changes or issues here.

Marc
            • Topics Started 13
            • Total Posts 35

Thanks for the info guys. Just watched An Atmos movie (Kodi) and the sound was perfect. Just when watching Live tv the volume decreased. Used it standalone, 65 inch LG tv.

Sandyb
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 293

hang on a sec – maybe I spoke too soon.

Was watching some st top box tv today – and you’re right, I had to crank up the volume to 59/60 to get even a normal volume!

Puzzling – was fine with my blu ray watching yesterday.

Hmm.

swestland
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 3

As I understood they implemented a fix for the 2.0 PCM sound not being properly upmixed. I noticed a huge difference when watching 2.0 content with this update, its sound a lot better! Before it sounded like all sound was coming from a center speaker with no bass.

I also notice difference in volume I have to make for that kind of content… Can’t apply a default to it, as some content on netflix is in 2.0 en others is in dolby. So I guess they still need to fine tune the algoritm a bit.. Maybe @geoff can elaborate a bit on this.

Sandyb
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 293

can you possibly report the issue in the B&O app please?

I’ll do the same, and I’ve messaged Christian through the Discord server.

Marc
                    • Topics Started 13
                    • Total Posts 35

I will do that. 👍

Marc
                      • Topics Started 13
                      • Total Posts 35

Watching live TV has the decreased volume. Other speakers are attached (Beolab 28) but I don’t use them watching live tv. Only when watching movies.

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg/Danmark
                        • Topics Started 27
                        • Total Posts 806

You could use one of the MyButtons for Live TV and set the startup volume somewhat higher there.

Sure that does not solve ‘the problem’….if there is any – but it makes things less annoying.

MM

Mr10Percent
                          • Topics Started 8
                          • Total Posts 456

You could use one of the MyButtons for Live TV and set the startup volume somewhat higher there. Sure that does not solve ‘the problem’….if there is any – but it makes things less annoying. MM

I don’t think it does?

Sandyb’s problem is the sound format. Some channels on Live TV broadcast different lower grade formats……PCM2.0 to 5.1. this is where the “bug” lies. On the UK Freeview service, you can literally CH+/CH- and go 5.1, 2.0, 5.1, 2.0………..

“Higher grade” subscription services (Netflix, Disney, Amazon) can do 5.1, DD+ or Atmos. These subscription services tend to have a more consistent playback sound/volume (less format changes) and not the problem from Sandyb’s perspective and not where the PCM2.0 bug resided.

What I do find…is that specifically with Netflix, it tends to play quite a bit louder than others – and that can be solved by Mybuttons on source change.

The “bug” needs to be fixed by B&O PDQ.

What I don’t understand however is that reading across multiple forums is some people like myself have not experienced the volume dip bug as SandyB does in 3.2.1, or the switch to standby or a good deal of other bugs?  I do not recall the last time I noticed the PCM2.0 problem for many months (not just SW3.2.1 update).

Whereas this particular instance seems to have swapped one bug for another, from reading, SandyBs Theatre’s seem to be very buggy, whereas mine seem not to have (they have had issues – but nothing like SandyBs issues).

I have a hypothesis that this issue is a lot deeper than we know and a reason why B&O can never seem to fix the issues in Mozart. Old bugs never get written-out, or come back or new bugs replace old ones. I think the problem is the additive nature of Mozart and when peripheral equipment is added (speakers, Beolink, other Mozart devices or Set top boxes of any flavour or HDMI devices), specific code comes (configured) in and unintended consequences result. Add this speaker and this HDMI device…no issues. Add something else…or different speakers or a Set top box or an AppleTV combination…and issues appear?

CRDS
                            • Topics Started 0
                            • Total Posts 2

After updating Beosound theatre to software 3.2.1 there is a buzzing noise coming from the rear speakers, has anybody else experienced similar issues?

Set-up is Beolab 5 front, Beolab 9 rears, and  2 pairs of Beolab 3’s as front and rear height channels, all connected via powerlink cables.

airmax_zh
                              • Topics Started 2
                              • Total Posts 12

Same here… with BL6000 rears and BL5 front. BL5 are fine, rears have the noise.

Mr10Percent
                                • Topics Started 8
                                • Total Posts 456

After updating Beosound theatre to software 3.2.1 there is a buzzing noise coming from the rear speakers, has anybody else experienced similar issues? Set-up is Beolab 5 front, Beolab 9 rears, and 2 pairs of Beolab 3’s as front and rear height channels, all connected via powerlink cables.

I have previously reported a very slight noise with the BL3 surrounds (pre-June this year).

The problems was solved but its worth checking through your system to see if things are OK.

1. The BL3 are very sensitive to cable interference. Their connection type makes it more so because of RJ45 to DIN Splitter to DIN Speaker input
                                2. The problem seemed to increase for me as I loaded-up the Theatre with Powerlink speakers (all 4). If I did fronts only – nothing,  add rears…noise increases (but almost inaudiable, add heights and I could hear very specific pulsing of the BL3s as volume was changed Vol+/Vol-
                                3. Ensure you are using very good (OEM/SH) cables. Dont use generic CAT7
                                4. Check the connections. Break the Y-splitter and reconnect if you use this type.
                                5. If you are using the RJ45 Splitter BT313204, check the location of the pins ands re-seat.

In the end, I found the issue was that a seated (and untouched) DIN Y-splitter on my rear BL3s. By unplugging, re-plugging this solved the problem but I was miffed why that was so as it was untouched. May be a cumulation of added speakers and that was a weak contact?

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                  • Toronto, Canada
                                  • Topics Started 9
                                  • Total Posts 169

I really hope they fix this serious issue ASAP.  they have been very slow with all Theatre releases which was my main concern when buying it a year ago. It should NOT be in this software state so long after its been released.

Sandyb
                                    • Topics Started 1
                                    • Total Posts 293

I do use an STB, and programming is a mix of 2.0 (usually Dolby Dig) or 5.1 Dolby Digital.  Much of the live sport is DDD 5.1, but also a lot of the prestige US drama series are too.

I can (and have tried) to force the STBox to output 2.0 only, and then yes the volume level becomes good again.  But thats clearly not an ideal or properly functioning scenario.

The issues with DD 5.1 are pretty pronounced for my Theatre with 50s/17s attached. Strangely the issues are much much less for my standalone bedroom Theatre.    An added wrinkle to this problem.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds