Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,328 total)
  • Author

Thanks Beojeff,

I’m looking into cable management options, but so far the indications are that many people are looking to have the TV mounted directly onto the Theatre, so cabling can be kept tidy within the stand assembly.

Yes, the shielded RJ45 coupler is a good option for extending cables, this is small and easy to hide. As my one-piece RJ45 to male Powerlink cables start at 1.8m, the popular option for connecting an older Beolab speaker with a Receiver 1 is (as you mentioned) using a 0.1m RJ45 to female Powerlink adapter, plus a 0.5m Powerlink mk.3 cable. So far there haven’t been enough requests for the shorter one-piece RJ45 to male Powerlink cable to justify a production run, but I am actively monitoring this.

I’m working on the connections video this week, I will update on this thread once it is ready. Thanks again for your input!

Kind regards, Steve.

Hi Beoworlders,

May I present: “How to connect absolutely ANYTHING to Beosound Theatre – the ultimate connection guide!”

Kind regards, Steve.

Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK

Great video Steve!

One question: Is the PUC A+B connection an RJ45 or a 3.5mm socket (like the older TVs).  I only ask because you held up an IR blaster with a 3.5mm plug!

I did look for a User Manual on the B&O ‘Support’ site but gave up when faced with very limited FAQs ?

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

That IR plaster end was the end that sits (usually taped / fixed) to the peripheral unit i.e Sky box, Blu Ray player etc….the other end, that goes in the Theatre, is the usual PUC cable end. Business as usual.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

That IR plaster end was the end that sits (usually taped / fixed) to the peripheral unit i.e Sky box, Blu Ray player etc….the other end, that goes in the Theatre, is the usual PUC cable end. Business as usual.

Hi Sandy. I know what the blaster end looks like – I have several. I just noticed that the other end of the IR blaster cable that Steve held up in the video was a 3.5mm jack plug, like on my old Beovisions. I would be surprised if the theatre wasn’t RJ45 for PUC, hence my question!

frankmj
          BRONZE Member
            • Elsinore, Denmark

Hi Steve,

Do I need a Speaker Sense Adapter for a Beosound 3000, if I connect the BS 3000 with the powerlink connector to Beosound Theatre?

/frank

Sandyb
            BRONZE Member

Apologies you’re right, having watched again more closely!

matteventu
              BRONZE Member
                £1000 for the aluminium wings…? They’re really pushing it…

Hi Guy,

Thanks for spotting my “deliberate” mistake! Yes, the Theatre uses an RJ45 connection for the IR PUC controller, I just couldn’t find the right version of the cable in time for the video… I tried to hide the 3.5mm plug on the cable I had, but it slipped into shot. I have more of the correct RJ45 to twin IR PUC cables on the way.

Hi Frank,

Beosound 3000 doesn’t need the speaker sense adapter, this is just needed for Beosound 9000 and Beocenter 2, as these units revert to option 0 (no remote control reception) when Beolab speakers aren’t connected.

Kind regards, Steve.

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark

From Steves homepage ?

AA6877D0-F92D-49BA-B539-A2E79A148D94

Thanks MM,

Yes, that is the correct RJ45 PUC cable for the Theatre!

Kind regards, Steve.

beojeff
                  BRONZE Member
                    £1000 for the aluminium wings…? They’re really pushing it…
                    Does anyone know if the larger size of wings is an option where those wings are shipped with the Theater INSTEAD of the standard size wings? Or do we get the larger size of wings IN ADDITION to the standard size wings?
                    I’m curious about this to know if we choose to buy larger wings LATER if the price is even MORE than the quoted price for the upgrade at the time of the purchase of the Theater.
                    Sandyb
                    BRONZE Member

hmm not clear – my guess is that if you ordered a 77 inch version, you’d get one package / box for the standard Theatre, and that would include the small 55 inch wings….and a separate package containing the 77 inch wings. Thats my best guess.

That said the spec sheet suggests not (though we know spec sheets are often not 100% correct)

The spec sheet says

WHAT IS IN THE BOX:

Beosound Theatre including 55” or 65” or 77” Side Wings

Can interpret that spec sheet wording in different ways, but my guess is as above….you get the 55 wings whatever size you order, and in addition the 65 / 77 wings in a separate box if that what was specified at time of purchase.

Sandyb
                      BRONZE Member

One of the UK websites has pricing options and some transparency.

55 Theatre 5390 GBP

77 Theatre 6190 GBP

so 800 GBP difference for the larger version

Same as the wood cover (vs the grey cloth) – an extra 800 GBP.

splud
                        BRONZE Member

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question – I have a Beovision 11, but the half of the speakers have stopped working. Could I pair the New Theatre with it and control the sound from the Theatre and just link the screen to the Beovision 11 and still, hopefully control it all via the Beo remote? I just cant afford the full setup at the moment, plus the screen is still awesome!  But down the track I’ll upgrade the panel.

Thanks 🙂

Millemissen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Flensborg————Danmark

@splud

The short answer is No!

However – since you thought of ‘adding’ a BS Theatre, why not just add the extra costs for an LG tv, thatreally is the least expensive part of the package.

And repairing the failing speakers as well as the ‘panel upgrade’ (whatever you mean by that) won’t come cheap either.

Sorry for the BV11, which is such a nice and also capable tv.

P.S. Maybe you could share what is wrong with ‘half of the speakers’….are you sure, that they are damaged?

MM

frankmj
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Elsinore, Denmark

Hi Frank, Beosound 3000 doesn’t need the speaker sense adapter, this is just needed for Beosound 9000 and Beocenter 2, as these units revert to option 0 (no remote control reception) when Beolab speakers aren’t connected. Kind regards, Steve.

If I connect my BS 3000 to the BS Theatre the way you described, with the powerlink adapter, and I want to play a cd. Is there an easy way to use the Beoremote One to start the cd on BS 3000 and activate the BS  Theatre  with just one keypress on the remote?

/frank

Hi Frank,

The key to this is whether the Theatre has auto line sensing in the same way that other Mozart speakers do. If so, then yes, you will be able to press CD on your remote control and the Theatre will switch to the line input automatically.

I hope to be able to test this in a couple of weeks time when I can get a proper change to try out the Theatre for myself.

Kind regards, Steve.

frankmj
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Elsinore, Denmark

Hi Steve,

I look forward to hear the result of your test of the Theatre. I did attend a promotion of the Theatre in Copenhagen last thursday. Big mistake – I’ll have to talk with my bank next week ?

What a Sound! ?

Kind regards

/frank

lesbart
                                SILVER Member
                                  • Norway

Steve at Sounds Heavenly wrote:

I hope to be able to test this in a couple of weeks time when I can get a proper change to try out the Theatre for myself.

Hi Steve,
                                  It would be nice if you can test the BS Theatre with Penta speakers, and then check whether the Theatre sends data to displays on Pentas.

And how do they all sound together, right. 🙂

Best regards, Les

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,328 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.