Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

zach.mccallum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Beosound 9000 help! #125606
    zach.mccallum
    BRONZE Member

    Have you set the spring suspension on the back to the correct position, depending upon if your BS9000 is flat, vertical or horizontal?

    Yes I have. I was able to get it to go back into test mode. Here is what it is doing now. The sledge is stuck on cd1. It moved itself back to the first position, and it will not move to another cd. It also seems to fail at performing any actual tests.

     

    edit: I ended up holding down the main power switch on the back, and the power button on the front. Rebooted it and it actually was able to navigate itself to cd 5 and play. I powered it down again. Upon reset, the sledge stayed on cd 5, but it showed cd 6 on the display yet it still played. Then I wasnt able to get it to move to another disc. Im sure this is probably a fairly simple fix since it seems the unit is capable of playing. What should I do next?

    in reply to: S75 midrange rubber surround repair #124431
    zach.mccallum
    BRONZE Member

    Thanks for the reply. I do not see a link? I have performed many foam surround repairs, none of the suppliers I use here in the US has the rubber surrounds for these.

    I wonder if a light application of some type of rubberized coating would work to keep these going for a while??

    in reply to: BeoMaster 7000 issue with powerlink speakers #71097
    zach.mccallum
    BRONZE Member

    I have a beomaster 7000 with remote, cd player, and the beolab 8000 speakers. Everything works great except for the speakers.

    The speakers do power on, and the green light does come on.

    I do get sound from the standard speaker outs on the receiver.

    Headphone jack works with headphones.

    Ive tried every combination of switch positions. Ive also connected from the headphone jack to line on the speakers. Still no sound…

    The issue must be within the speakers themselves, correct? Although I find it odd that both speakers would fail in the same way.. Maybe there is some setting that Ive missed? Any help is appreciated

    After searching the forum I believe these symptoms match up with “foamrot”. Ill dig into them and see of I can figure it out.

    in reply to: Beomaster 7000 dummy plug #69955
    zach.mccallum
    BRONZE Member

    Thank you very much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)