Home › Forums › Product Discussion & Questions › BeoSound › Beosound 9000 help!
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 5 days ago by
zach.mccallum.
-
AuthorPosts
-
19 September 2026 at 19:38 #125601
zach.mccallum
BRONZE MemberI recently acquired a Beosound 9000 system. Im having trouble with it. Heres where Im at with it. The sledge seemed to be stuck on cd 1. It wouldnt move to any other cd and it also wouldnt actually picknup and play cd 1. I made a dummy plug so the unit thinks a speaker is hooked up so I could use the remote. I was able to put the machine in test mode. I cleaned the laser. Then I put into mode 72 to free the sledge. I moved the sledge to the center. Now when I turn the unit on it is showing cd5 on the display, the sledge wont move, and I cant get it to go back into test mode. Right now Im kind of at a loss as to where to go next. Any help is appreciated!
20 September 2026 at 07:22 #125603 CharlieWednesdayGOLD MemberHave you set the spring suspension on the back to the correct position, depending upon if your BS9000 is flat, vertical or horizontal?
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by
CharlieWednesday.
Location: Liverpool
My B&O Icons:
20 September 2026 at 17:52 #125606zach.mccallum
BRONZE MemberHave you set the spring suspension on the back to the correct position, depending upon if your BS9000 is flat, vertical or horizontal?
Yes I have. I was able to get it to go back into test mode. Here is what it is doing now. The sledge is stuck on cd1. It moved itself back to the first position, and it will not move to another cd. It also seems to fail at performing any actual tests.
edit: I ended up holding down the main power switch on the back, and the power button on the front. Rebooted it and it actually was able to navigate itself to cd 5 and play. I powered it down again. Upon reset, the sledge stayed on cd 5, but it showed cd 6 on the display yet it still played. Then I wasnt able to get it to move to another disc. Im sure this is probably a fairly simple fix since it seems the unit is capable of playing. What should I do next?
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by
zach.mccallum.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by
zach.mccallum.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.










