Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoWorld Feature / Problem Service manual repository

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    AdamS
    GOLD Member

Apologies if I’m being thick and not seeing it, but is the Beoworld Instruction and Service Manual repository for Gold members still available on the new website? If so, where can it be found?

Thanks – I’ve got yet more B&O that needs repairing!

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

I think it may well be work in progress, but go to the Beoworld page here: https://beoworld.org/

… then chose the ‘products’ tab, find/search the product and then scroll to the bottom to see what is downloadable.

Was there a particular manual that I may be able to find in my own off-line storage?  I seem to have downloaded quite a few!

chartz
        GOLD Member
          • Burgundy

Hi,

No Adam, you’re not being thick!

It doesn’t work for me either. And the whole website is impossibly sluggish too.
          Whenever I try to download something, it takes me to this:

IMG_3184

deaddruid
          FOUNDER Member

I’m struggling here, too. I need the manuals for a Beovision 7-40, but the product page for Beovision only contains two Avant entries in the the main scrollable part of the page, and links to three Beograms and a Beolab along the bottom. Any ideas where I can find the 7-40 Mk5 manuals?

Mark

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Acording to this post from Multicare  the manual repositery is a work in progress that can take months

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/welcome/page/5/#post-55564

I also see missing products in it, but I can see that there is more now than last i looked, so things are comming along.

Try to take contact to Multicare and see if they can help with the specific manual

deaddruid
              FOUNDER Member

Thank you. I had missed that thread, so I was unsure whether the new Products page was intended to access the manuals.

However this is why when I update a website, I keep the old structure there in parallel with the new one, until I’m sure that the new one is complete. It would be sensible to have an “old site” link to enable us to reach the old document store.

Mark

chartz
                GOLD Member
                  • Burgundy

The thing is, downloading just doesn’t work (for me anyway). I’ve tried and tried to no avail.

Here’s the (broken) link to the Beogram 4000 SM:

https://beoworld.org/?a=download&key=d89b8f3c639fdc2b0fb3fe8dd8461b4f

YannChris
                  FOUNDER Member
                    • Brittany, France

The thing is, downloading just doesn’t work (for me anyway). I’ve tried and tried to no avail. Here’s the (broken) link to the Beogram 4000 SM:

https://beoworld.org/?a=download&key=d89b8f3c639fdc2b0fb3fe8dd8461b4f

Hi Chartz,

Just tried the link, it worked.

Regards,

Yann.

Madskp
                    GOLD Member
                      • Denmark

It also works for me on a iPhone. Open up the manual in the browser straight away

Multicare
                      GOLD Member
                        • Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

It doesn’t work for me either

Hi Chartz, your Gold membership is showing as expired. if you feel that this is incorrect, please reach out so we can resolve.

Beovision 7-40

I will add this as soon as possible for you, definitely reach out if there is something missing that you need.

However this is why when I update a website, I keep the old structure there in parallel with the new one

The original plan was for the new site to be ready before going live, at least with all the service manuals added. After some sort of blip with the website we had to expedite the new site going live.

Multicare Electronics - Bang & Olufsen classic service centre.
                        Repairs and refurbishment to both old and new.
                        multicare.org.uk

chartz
                        GOLD Member
                          • Burgundy

Hi,

I’ve just renewed my Gold membership. It now works. Damn. I really had no idea. I didn’t get the end of subscription warning as I used to. Sorry.

Multicare
                          GOLD Member

I really had no idea

No worries, I will do some more testing on the auto email.

multicare.org.uk

Multicare
                            GOLD Member

I really had no idea

No worries, I will do some more testing on the auto email.

multicare.org.uk

Multicare
                              GOLD Member

I need the manuals for a Beovision 7-40

Hi, I have added the BeoVision 7 service manuals  https://beoworld.org/beovision-7

multicare.org.uk

Madskp
                                GOLD Member
                                  • Denmark

Hi Mark

one thing I have noticed in the manual repository is the text that tells you to Upgrade your membership to view documents. This might be intended, but it shows up even if I am logged in and could potentially confuse someone if they don’t see any documents for a given product.

I don’t know if it should be rephrased or what not, but now you know.

Skærmbillede 2024-06-02 kl. 13.51.14

chartz
                                  GOLD Member
                                    • Burgundy

Correct. Before, you had no access to service manuals at all, unless you were at least silver I believe. Hence my confusion.

And the whole website remains desperately sluggish, by the way 😩

Multicare
                                    GOLD Member

no access to service manuals at all

That is correct, on the old site there was not access. I believe you should be able to see what is available before deciding on becoming a member.

Almost a “look at what you are missing” 😂

multicare.org.uk

Multicare
                                      GOLD Member

desperately sluggish

agreed, this is very annoying and is impacting the speed of adding/updating all the information.

We are working on resolving it, we have instructed a 3rd party company to investigate / pinpoint and hopefully resolve the underlying issue.

multicare.org.uk

YannChris
                                        FOUNDER Member
                                          • Brittany, France

Thanks Mark,

And good luck on this herculean task.

Yann.

deaddruid
                                          FOUNDER Member

Thank you, guys. It’s great to get things resolved so quickly. Just a couple of oddities noted.

1. In the new BV7 area: Page 7 of the Instructions area lists:

Blu-ray Guide MKV – EN -BeoVision 7-40 MKV Blu-ray Guide

However the link is to a BV7 Mk3 service manual, instead of the correct document.

2. The Service manual area includes manuals for Mk1 to Mk4, but nothing for Mk5 and Mk6. Are those manuals unavailable?

Mark

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.