Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre New product launch – beosound theatre?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 1,328 total)
  • Author
    syrianos82
    BRONZE Member

Not exactly the same but simulate I use the BL28 as surround behind the sofa. As mention by Geoff Martin the subs in the 28’s help distribute the lower frequencies better across the space.

I’m very happy with BS Theatre as center, BL 8’s as front L/R and the BL28’s in back.
      I added a BL19 that makes the sound much easier on the ears for me in general. Placement of the sub is in front rather than the back as usually suggested since the two BL28 provide low frequencies in the back.

the Theatre can deliver some decent bass so I would definitely try switching the 18’s to the front.

trial and error as well as personal preference …

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
      BRONZE Member
        • Toronto, Canada

B&O would suggest that yes as its better to have bass in the back to counter the bass from the front BST bass speakers.

FrankieFrank88
        BRONZE Member

Not exactly the same but simulate I use the BL28 as surround behind the sofa. As mention by Geoff Martin the subs in the 28’s help distribute the lower frequencies better across the space. I’m very happy with BS Theatre as center, BL 8’s as front L/R and the BL28’s in back. I added a BL19 that makes the sound much easier on the ears for me in general. Placement of the sub is in front rather than the back as usually suggested since the two BL28 provide low frequencies in the back. the Theatre can deliver some decent bass so I would definitely try switching the 18’s to the front. trial and error as well as personal preference …

I’m going to listen to the labs 8 next week and thought of a similar setup. 28’s to the back and 8’s in the front.

labs 28 sound great in front but the low end is quite present at some occasions. I found the best result in rerouting the most low end to the theatre. A lab 19 is on my wishlist aswell coming from a SVS SB4000 the labs 28 and theatre really miss the lower end above certain volume settings.

hope B&O introduces a new sub to match with the theatre that would be even better. Think the lab 19 is pretty outdated.

Hereford
          BRONZE Member

i fiddled around with the BST and now there’s a red microphone logo LED on. Not sure what I did or how to disable it(?)

BRONZE Member
              • Toronto, Canada

The mic SWITCH under the front right of the grill is on.

svendsen991
              BRONZE Member

i fiddled around with the BST and now there’s a red microphone logo LED on. Not sure what I did or how to disable it(?)

If I remember correctly then the red microphone LED is when software mute is enabled. There should be a setting somewhere in the APP. Else you can turn off the LED completely by using the physical mute switch in front of the BST (behind the front cover).

Daniel Duesentrieb
                BRONZE Member

Ok. But what is the function of this switch? Internal microphones on or off? This is nowhere explained in the manual.

BRONZE Member
                    • Toronto, Canada
                    Daniel Duesentrieb
                    BRONZE Member

Hi. The discussion is about the function of the switch next to the plug-in connection for the external microphone. What is that switch for?

BRONZE Member
                        • Toronto, Canada

The Mic. 😀

Who installed the theatre for you? Did you set it up and not follow the instructions for creating listening positions or was it set up for you and not explained?

Daniel Duesentrieb
                        BRONZE Member

Hi. There was no problem with the installation. The question is specifically about the switch next to the connector for the external microphone. This switch is marked by a microphone symbol and when switched to one position a red LED next to the switch is lighting up. What is the function of this switch?

svendsen991
                          BRONZE Member

Hi. There was no problem with the installation. The question is specifically about the switch next to the connector for the external microphone. This switch is marked by a microphone symbol and when switched to one position a red LED next to the switch is lighting up. What is the function of this switch?

I’m pretty sure the switch turn off all the microphones also internal. The LED is determined by the state of HW mute (switch) and SW mute (APP setting)

HW not mute AND SW not mute -> LED white
                            HW not mute AND SW mute -> LED red
                            HW mute AND SW mute -> LED off
                            HW mute AND SW not mute -> LED off

bsantini1
                            BRONZE Member

What exactly is “software mute” and how and where is it effected?

svendsen991
                              BRONZE Member

What exactly is “software mute” and how and where is it effected?

It’s basically the same feature but the implementation is different. Software mute just turn off the microphones through software where my guess is HW mute physically disconnect the microphone input.

I also found out how to switch SW mute on/off and it wasn’t in the APP it’s by long pressing the microphone button on the top UI.

Daniel Duesentrieb
                                BRONZE Member

I am surprised that B&O does not explain this properly in the manual. So this remains at guessing level.

BeoMedia
                                  BRONZE Member

At the moment I am using the internal apps of my LG CX television (HBO, Disney etc). Would I gain anything from acquiring the latest Apple TV 4K to use instead?
                                    Thanks

BRONZE Member
                                      • Toronto, Canada

If you are fine navigating your tv and using those apps might as well stick to it. Personally I find every TV remote and UI terrible (including the Beoremote 1) so moving to the Apple TV was a god send in the user interface and speed.  You also get other features like airplay, lots of apps and games if you want.

BeoMedia
                                      BRONZE Member

That is fair points but I kind of like to be able to chose the source (internal app) of my choice directly from the BeoRemote 1. I would think that if I ran all apps from an ATV I can’t do that as the BeoRemote 1 would only allow me to activate the ATV as a source or can I activate an app on the ATV directly I wonder?

BRONZE Member
                                          • Toronto, Canada

You can’t change sources with the ATV but I have all my sources (game systems) connected directly to the theatre.  Then with HDMI control I just fire up the source I want to use and the theatre automatically changes the source to the newly active one.

I have never thankfully had to use the terrible BR1 for anything other than the power off button.

BRONZE Member
                                            • Toronto, Canada

When did B&O suddenly start calling the theatre The “BeoVision Theatre” when it’s paired with a screen? The name also changed on its own in the app.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 12.17.26 PM

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 1,328 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.