My Beocenter 9500 Restoration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Beitie
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 14

I recently picked up a Beocenter 9500 off of eBay, and it actually made it to me in good shape! I was also glad that it came with the original box. This thread will be the progress I make (or struggle with) while bringing this beautiful Beocenter back to full life.

So far I have all the old adhesive from the glass and plastic brackets removed, and I’m applying 3M VHB tape to hold the glass in place.

The Beocenter powers on, tuner works for sure, and the powerlink sockets work for sure. I will have to get new belts for the CD and Cassette doors, a new belt for the Cassette mechanism, and probably a capacitor kit for the CD player.

Feel free to follow along and any advice you’d like to give would be appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_4629-scaledIMG_4631-scaled

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by matador. Reason: Images moving
      Beitie
      BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 14

I have the glass all fixed up now. The touch sensors all seem to be working just fine. So that’s good.

I then spent part of my day opening up the Beocenter. After opening it up, I found the CD player and Tape doors have a pulley system, and the CD player door is really messed up. Tape door has some issues too, so I’ll have to look closer into that.

Beocenter-9500-Restoration-003-scaledBeocenter-9500-Restoration-008-scaledBeocenter-9500-Restoration-009-scaled

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by matador. Reason: Image moving
        • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Beitie.
        Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 11
        • Total Posts 608

Great work – a BC9500 is well worth restoring.  I have never tried re-threading those door strings, but it is supposed to be quite tricky.  There’s some instructions in the service manual I think.  Here’s some photos showing mine if that helps! (click to enlarge)

DSC01279

DSC01282DSC01283

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Guy.
          Beitie
          BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 14

Also, when I put the Beocenter all back together, it no longer seems to power on. I’m not sure if I tripped a fuse or something?

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 37
            • Total Posts 505

Hi Beitie,

Thank you for sharing your work. May I suggest that you add your pictures  in the post by clicking in the little framed mountain, last button in the window where you type your message? Better than as attachement because they will show up in the thread bigger than the little preview of an attached picture.

Thank you.

Beitie
              BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 14

Thanks Guy and thanks Matador! That will help.

Beitie
                BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 14

So after looking at things closely, I felt that I had a good chance at fixing the cassette deck door. The string for the top side of the door is still fully working and stringed properly. The lower string is loose, but doesn’t seem too far off from what it should be.

Beocenter 9500 Pt II 001

I could tell by looking at this that the knot was still good in the string. It’s very hard to see with the eye, but when looking at the photo, it’s clear as day. So I tried to put the knot into the slot in the sliding bracket.

Beocenter 9500 Pt II 006

Even after getting the knot into the correct spot, the string was still loose. So something else must be wrong with it yet.

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.