ML/NL converter used with only ML products, just to give access to Beo APP

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions ML/NL converter used with only ML products, just to give access to Beo APP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stan
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 164

The BLC NL/ML doesn’t have any in-built sources.  It can play (with attached speakers) or pass-through NL and ML sources and anything connected to its “line-in”.

Therefore, to get streaming to your ML you either need a NL device or a streamer hooked to the BLC’s line-in.  I’d recommend getting a 2nd hand BeoPlay M3 and put it in a bathroom or some other room that currently doesn’t have music and can live without hi-fidelity.  If you have no need for another speaker anywhere in your house, just stick it in a cabinet.

In this way, your M3 can be the source for B&O Radio and Deezer.  You can control it with the B&O app and play it on any of your ML equipment.  If you don’t want to listen to your m3, set the default sound level to 0 or mute it.  You can also setup the BLC so that unused Beo4 buttons can be mapped to the M3.  For example, “CD” (since it doesn’t look like you have a CD player) can be mapped to B&O radio on the m3 and sending CD to your BS3500 will automatically start everything required to listen to it.  You can skip to the next/prev station/Deezer song using the Beo4 arrow keys (similar to the BeoLink PC).

I do this (mute NL device and listen through BLC to BS9000 + BL1) quite frequently.  It’s better than driving it strictly with your phone (for example as would be the case with Bluetooth) because you can use your phone for other things (like talking on it) and it doesn’t impact the music.

You cannot distribute Spotify because of licensing restrictions. Not sure about any other streaming services, but Deezer definitely works.

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 837

This thread may answer some of your questions
        https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beo-converter-controls-beocenter-9500/

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,239

Further to Madskp’s link above, I asked a similar question a while back and a Beolink Gateway was suggested as a better alternative.  The thread is here: https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/app-control-of-masterlink-products-using-beolink-converter-nl-ml/

I didn’t take it forward – it’s on my list for a future upgrade! ?

pleonipi
          BRONZE Member
            • Milano, Italy
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 3

Hello to everybody

I would like to know if it’s possible to interact with just “old” ML products with Beo APP using ML/NL converter.

I explain better: I don’t have any new product using NL, I owe the followings all connected with ML:

BV7-55 MKII in the main room (actually with DVB-T module, usable in Italy still for a short time  because we are moving to HEVC DVB-T)

BV7-32 MKIII in a bedroom, without any DVB-T, Chromecast

Beolab 3500 in the bathroom

Beolab 2000 in the kitchen

I had also a Beolink PC2 but since a few days is dead, it was used to distribute NRadio and NMusic to Beolabs.

I assume that introducing an ML/NL converter, I could join the ML to my wi-fi net, and so to Beo-App.

Due to the fact that Beolink PC2 is dead, actually in order to listen Radio on Beolabs, I connect them to the Radio Channels received with DVB-T on BV7-55, using Beo4 and the sequence DVT –> red button. Doing so, nobody can look at BV7-55  at same time.

My idea is to send NRadio to Beolabs by means of Beo App, but I’m not sure if NRadio has to be supplied by an audio master (that is no more present) or if the App itself can generate it.

I will appreciate so much your comments.

pleonipi
            BRONZE Member
              • Milano, Italy
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 3

Hi everybody, many thanks to all of you, sorry for my late answer I was abroad.

Beolink Gateway is too expensive and too difficult to be programmed, I probably will proceed with Beoplay M3 as soon as in Italy we will have the switch off from DVB-T to DVT-2 HEVC, so BV7-55 will be nomore able to receive broadcast radio stations. Final switch-off has been announced many times but always procrastinated.

Stan
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 14
                • Total Posts 164

And about streaming NRadio to your Beolabs, I think the Beo App can handle it solo, no need for an audio master.

This has not been my experience.  When I choose a B&O Radio station while having my BLC selected, I get a “Something went wrong” error.

Ianc2
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 26

I have a pc2 that’s not been used for years if you’re interested ?

An option I am using is an Apple AirPort Express hooked up to a 9000 cd player that’s on masterlink , and once masterlink is on the home network you can stream to it .

XavierItzmann
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 22
                    • Total Posts 153

In my BLC NL/ML, the following sources appear.  Words [between square parentheses] not displayed by the App, and added only for clarity:

• CD [from BS3000]
                    • N.MUSIC [from BS5]
                    • N.RADIO [from BS5]
                    • B&O Radio Beoplay A6
                    • Deezer Beoplay A6

From my extensive tinkering with the system in the last year or so, in the absence of the Beoplay A6, my BLC NL/ML will simply refuse to play B&O Radio and Deezer.  In fact, as I was typing this, I was playing B&O Radio from the BLC and went and turned off the A6 (I have it on a switch, English-style).

The audio stopped.

sk8man
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 3

Once you get that ML/NL converter set up, your ML gear can hop onto your Wi-Fi and be controlled through the Beo App. And about streaming NRadio to your Beolabs, I think the Beo App can handle it solo, no need for an audio master. It should whip up the stream once you’ve got everything sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions ML/NL converter used with only ML products, just to give access to Beo APP

• You must be logged in to create new topics.