Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

App Control of Masterlink Products Using Beolink Converter NL/ML

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoApp App Control of Masterlink Products Using Beolink Converter NL/ML

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    patcherley
    GOLD Member
      • Hampshire
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 56

I had a Beovision 7 40 with a Beomaster 70000 connected to with a NL/ML Converter and could select sources and control volume on the Beovision 7 40.

Paul

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Many thanks indeed Paul – that’s useful to know.

Tignum
        GOLD Member
          • Netherlands
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 363

Hi Guy,

I have a BeoSystem 3 and and (a.o.) a BLC (set as AudioMaster) in a Masterlink network. I can control the BS3 fully with the app when it plays video sources. When it plays audio (from my Core that is in the NetworkLink network) control via the app does not work fully. For instance, I cannot manage the volume of the BS3.

I would believe that you would be most succesful when buying two BLCs: one set as AudioMaster with your TV, and one set as VideoMaster with your audio product. And link those via NetworkLink.

Maybe some more seasoned users of the BLC can confirm or add.

Johan

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,233

Thanks Johan!  I haven’t purchased a converter yet, hence wanted to do a little research before getting hold of one.  To be honest I don’t even have a masterlink setup currently because I am temporarily in a rental house, but wanted to start building up some ideas for a future system.  It all sounds promising so I think I’ll start with one converter and take it from there.  It’s only a matter of time before I get hold of an NL product, so it’ll be worth having in the longer term.

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 14
              • Total Posts 1,233

A quick question for Beolink Converter NL/ML users/experts out there.

If you add an appropriately configured Beolink Converter NL/ML to a Masterlink-only system (mixture of audio and video products), would this give you app/smartphone control of the masterlinked devices?  If so, are there any limitations?

gburgess
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 2
                • Total Posts 11

A MUCH better solution is to get a Beolink Gateway and use the Beolink 2 app on your phone. This is designed for Masterlink. Once you configure the BLGW properly with rooms and sources, it all magically appears in the Beolink 2 app. Much better interface than the network link B&O app. I have both apps, NLML BLC and BLGW on my system.
                -Gregg

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 1,233

Thanks Gregg.  Sounds promising – something for me to research further before deciding what to go for, and probably better than NL/ML converter if I also want a degree of home automation.  Once I have investigated I may well be back with further questions!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoApp App Control of Masterlink Products Using Beolink Converter NL/ML

• You must be logged in to create new topics.