B&O Struer visit

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    matador
    BRONZE Member
      • Paris France

I’m also hoping to meet with the Classics team to find out more about the Beogram 4000c

Hi Steve, I would like to know how they feel on the recreated Beogram being named “4000c” when any fan/user of the brand obviously can see it is a 4002 basis. Is it a marketing choice  knowing it will “upset” any B&O lover (remember Dillen: “this is not a 4000!…”), but whatever… How do they feel from enthusiasts to enthusiast… Or is it a dark, not obvious but very relevant reason behind this weird choice.

Please ask.

Hi Roundhead,

No problem, I fully understand. I will certainly share as much information as I am allowed to!

Hi Matador,

Yes, that is a good point, they will certainly be aware of the difference so I will see what they say…

Off now to catch my flight!

Kind regards, Steve.

Hi Beoworlders,

I had a great trip to B&O in Struer and Copenhagen, there is a full (and ongoing!) photo update on my YouTube channel, with videos to follow in the next few days.

I just wanted to leave these two photos below to let you guess the identity of two of the people I met up with on my travels…

IMG_4085IMG_0115

Hi Beoworlders,

In this video, B&O’s Tonmeister Geoff Martin explains everything you ever wanted to know about sound design, but were afraid to ask…please join us for a Beolab masterclass!

Kind regards, Steve.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark

No one wants to guess 🤔

The upper ‘guy’ is the CEO of B&O Kristian Teärs…in the HQ/Lyngby.

The other ‘guy’ is Henrik, Youtuber/BOTF and B&O enthusiastand more..….driving by Det Kongelige Teater/Kgs Nytorv in the center of Copenhagen.

@ Steve

Looking forward to both videos…the one with Henrik will probably be the funnier one 🤗

Hope you have recovered from your intense and momentous journey

MM

Sandyb
        BRONZE Member

Terrific video Steve, really super interesting when it comes to the 90s and the various things they do to create their sound. Much appreciated.

Thanks MM,

Yes, you got both photos (and locations!) exactly correct! Henrik will be making the video on his channel, it will launch on Thursday 20th June, it was great fun to make.

It was a great journey, I have met some amazing people and I am now starting to work through all the video footage.

Thanks for all your advice, that is appreciated!

Kind regards, Steve.

matador
          BRONZE Member
            • Paris France

….driving by Det Kongelige Teater/Kgs Nytorv in the center of Copenhagen.

Actually, I really hope he’s parked!

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark

….driving by Det Kongelige Teater/Kgs Nytorv in the center of Copenhagen.

Actually, I really hope he’s parked!

———

You never know with Henrik 😉

MM

Hi MM,

Yes, thankfully he was parked when I took the picture!

Kind regards, Steve.

Hi Beoworlders,

I am looking forward to joining the Beotalk Podcast tonight (from 7pm UK time, 8pm EU) to chat about my recent visit to B&O in Denmark – please come and join me!

See you there! Kind regards, Steve.

matador
              BRONZE Member
                • Paris France

Terrific video Steve, really super interesting when it comes to the 90s and the various things they do to create their sound.

My two favorites moments: the Julia Roberts setting and the TLA’s, Three Letter Acronym!

Thanks Matador,

By the way, my TV is ALWAYS in the Julia Roberts setting! 😉

My next video from the trip is now ready: Ever wanted to see a B&O store with products up to 60 years old for sale? Well now you can! Please check out this video of my favourite B&O shop in Denmark…

Kind regards, Steve.

Stereomensch
                BRONZE Member

thank you very much, it’s great to see that you enjoyed the trip.

Sandyb
                  BRONZE Member

Oh Steve, what a fabulous video and find, and many thanks for sharing..

How can one watch that and not rush out (or rush there!) and buy a Beogram!

fabulous.

Hi Beoworlders,

A huge thank you to Bang & Olufsen for arranging this private video tour of the vintage B&O collection in the Struer Museum – if you like classic B&O, I hope you will love this!

Kind regards, Steve.

Pindsen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Denmark

Hi Steve,
                      Very good videos from your visit at B&O and the collectors you met.

Did you do a recorded interview with Kristian Tear that will be public or can you tell more about what you talked with him about?

/Pindsen

Thanks Pindsen,

I didn’t record an interview with Kristian, we talked about our shared love of the brand (he has owned B&O since the 1990s, almost as long as I have!) and his vision for the future of the company.

I am excited that B&O is in good hands and I look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the next few years.

Kind regards, Steve.

chartz
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Burgundy

I really enjoyed the museum tour. Almost like being there!

Thanks Steve 👍🏻

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.