B&O Struer visit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi Beoworlders,

I am excited to confirm the dates for my visit to B&O’s factory in Denmark as Monday 20th to Wednesday 22nd June!

struer dates

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to follow my video tour!

https://www.youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables?sub_confirmation=1

Kind regards, Steve.

roundhead
    BRONZE Member

If you can get them to tender all the cable manufacturing to you, you’ll be onto a winner!

Gosh, what a lovely treat. You must post lost of videos and photos!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by roundhead.
      pepps
      BRONZE Member
        • Kent, UK

Hi Steve,

Looking forward to this – hope you enjoy all the technical and learn lots about some of the techniques used to make these products so beautiful. The fact that our favourite a/v maker still employs movement in its products is one of the main attractions for me.

Julian

TWG
        BRONZE Member

Steve you lucky bastard! 😀

Enjoy your trip and please share photos and videos!

Thanks guys,

I’m really excited about this!  I did supply the adapter cables for Beogram 4000c to B&O and it has been an honour to be able to support them with their Classics programme.

I last visited Struer with the Beoworld trip back in 2012 so it will be interesting to see what has changed in the past 10 years. I’m also looking forward to meeting up with a number of good friends at B&O and to introduce them to you on camera!

There will be LOTS of photos and videos from my visit appearing on my YouTube channel and Instagram feed, I want to share the whole experience so that other B&O fans can enjoy the visit as well!

Full details of the visit to follow once I arrive on 20th June…

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables?sub_confirmation=1

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/steveatsoundsheavenly/

Kind regards, Steve.

Good morning Beoworlders! I will be heading to Struer in a few days time and you will be able to follow my visit on my YouTube channel once I arrive.

Please can you let me know what you are most interested in hearing about? (eg. the journey to Denmark, interviews with Geoff Martin and other key B&O people, factory tour, life in Struer, the B&O Museum, etc) I can then try to tailor my videos to meet the most popular topics!

Please check out my YouTube channel for all the details!

https://www.youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables?sub_confirmation=1

Kind regards, Steve.

AdamS
          BRONZE Member

Steve,

I’d like to know what the situation is with the Cube measurement chamber. I remember a rumour from a few years back that the Cube we all know and love was going to become part of an open-house style acoustic design centre for any company to use and that B&O were working on a new, bigger and better Cube of their own.

I’ve never been able to corroborate this, though, and am beginning to wonder if I imagined it!

Hi Adam,

I had a demo in “The Cube” way back in 2012, so I will be interested to see how B&O’s measurement facilities have evolved since then.

Full details to follow on my YouTube channel!

Kind regards, Steve.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark

@AdamS

What you are asking about, is this (in which B&O is deeply involved):

About us

You can read a lot on the website there.

The Sound Hub is located in the old facility, that B&O did not need anymore after concentrating a lot of the activities in the Fabric 4 (previously used for A/V production).
              Fab5 is the aluminium production facility….for your information.

…..and I can asure you that B&O is still using the Cube as before.

No ‘new Cube’ there, but a part of the Fab4 is now used for testing/Acoustic Department – this is a big upgrade to their previous possibilities.
              (I am sure that you will learn about this in the videos that Steve plan to publish).

MM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Millemissen.

Thanks MM!

That is very interesting. I am looking forward to visiting again, to see what has changed since I was last in Struer back in 2012. I am hoping to be able to share my visit on video very soon!

Kind regards, Steve.

yachadm
              BRONZE Member
                • Jerusalem

I’d like to know how they polished the BG4000c Aluminum Platter and Keyboard

Menahem

wanc1
                BRONZE Member

I would like to see the production lines of Beolab 50s and 28s.

Emilos88
                  BRONZE Member

I would like to see and hear more about the Bespoke program, maybe see some of the versions. That is going to be a big thing in the future IMO.

Millemissen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Flensborg/Danmark

I would like to see the production lines of Beolab 50s and 28s.

———

I guess you will have to wait untill Steve makes a trip to the former, now Tymphany owned factory in the Czech Republic 😉

https://audioxpress.com/news/tymphany-to-acquire-bang-olufsen-engineering-and-manufacturing-operation-in-czech-republic

MM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Millemissen.

Hi MM,

I think I will just be limiting my visit to Denmark this time, not Czech Republic! I will certainly ask B&O about their sound testing and aluminium finishing processes, hopefully I can put these into a video.

I am also very interested in the bespoke program – I’m not sure if I can cover this on this visit, but I will see what I can do!

Full details to follow next week!

Kind regards, Steve.

Hi Beoworlders,

On Monday morning, I will be visiting B&O’s factory in Struer, Denmark to chat on video to some of their key people, including their Tonmeister, Geoff Martin. After that, I will visit B&O’s HQ in Copenhagen to introduce you to some of my friends from the B&O world. I will also be visiting some very special vintage B&O collections and all this will be shared on my YouTube channel. As I don’t want to “spam” this group with lots of posts, I will post regular updates on my Facebook, YouTube and Instagram feeds at the links below:-

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/soundsheavenlycables/
                      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables?sub_confirmation=1
                      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/steveatsoundsheavenly/

Please come and join me on this VERY special B&O journey!

Kind regards, Steve.

roundhead
                      BRONZE Member

I’d like to hear B&O’s thoughts on a future audiomaster.

I’d like to hear whether they have considered refreshing other older products like they did with Beolab 8000 and BG4002.

JensT
                        BRONZE Member

Enjoy your visit! Looking forward to your video tour.

Any new news regarding Beosound Theatre would be awesome

Thanks guys!

Sorry I can’t comment on any potential, unreleased or future products as this would be unprofessional. However I will be producing lots of videos on current and vintage B&O products during my visit, as well as interviews with key B&O people and insights into what makes their products so special. As well as my time at B&O’s factory, I have arranged special access to some unique historical B&O collections in the Struer area, so these will be shared with you on video very soon!

I’m also hoping to meet with the Classics team to find out more about the Beogram 4000c, so I will share as much information as I am able in a video after the meeting.

Please follow my social media channels at the links in my post above for full details!

Kind regards, Steve.

roundhead
                          BRONZE Member

Thanks guys! Sorry I can’t comment on any potential, unreleased or future products as this would be unprofessional. However I will be producing lots of videos on current and vintage B&O products during my visit, as well as interviews with key B&O people and insights into what makes their products so special. As well as my time at B&O’s factory, I have arranged special access to some unique historical B&O collections in the Struer area, so these will be shared with you on video very soon! I’m also hoping to meet with the Classics team to find out more about the Beogram 4000c, so I will share as much information as I am able in a video after the meeting. Please follow my social media channels at the links in my post above for full details! Kind regards, Steve.

Absolutely. Not expecting you to divulge their secrets. I was hoping you could ask them on their reflections on those two points. I wasn’t asking you ask them what their next product will be. Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.