Beosystem 3 screen out to Hdmi

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosystem 3 screen out to Hdmi

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    emabonacchi
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 9

Hello everybody and scuse me for my bad english.

I am trying to use a Beosystem3 “dvi screen out” going into an hdmi source of a Philips 43” television. The result seems ok, but this is unreliable because every minute or two, signal is lost, screen is black and then, after about one second, signal is ok again.

I have changed  Hdmi cable, but nothing changes. I suspect a “resolution problem” because with other televisions, i have no problem.

Can you suggest some kind of settings i can try?

emabonacchi
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 9

This job i am doing, i am doing for upgrading my old and loved Beovision5. It is a very hard job.

emabonacchi
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 9

All seems to be ok. A new decoder, a new controller for bluetooth Ps4 command, a new interface for ethernet control integrated in my domotic system and a new life for my old Beovision5.

All controlled from the original Beo4 remote via the original receiver on the upper side of Beovision5.

But only last problem destroy all my job. It’s impossible to watch tv when every minutes or two screen signal is lost………. And i really don’t know how to solve this.

emabonacchi
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 9

Even the rear side of my old Beovision5 i have fine cutted and modifyed with my hands in order to have a nice black door bordered in alluminium. Over that door, i can easily access at the Beosystem3 connections and at the new Hard disk in wich i have stored all my photoes and my favoutite films.

It was a real hard job, and i am proud about this.

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,047

Great project but a frustrating problem!

I had a similar problem with DVI but in my case I was trying to feed an Apple TV (hdmi) into a BC6-26 DVI input – the picture would ‘blink’ every few minutes.

One thing you could try (although it didn’t work in my setup) is a ‘EDID Emulator’.  I don’t know or understand much about them so you’d have to do your own research, but they are used to solve display incompatibilities in many applications and may be worth a try if you have exhausted other options.

Perhaps others have better knowledge of the use of BS3 with alternative (non-B&O) panels and can help further.

Good luck – please let us know how you get on.

emabonacchi
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 9

Many thanks for your reply! I will study about what “EDID Emulator” is and i will give a try about.

jvezina
                GOLD Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 43

Could you try the following:

Go to the Beosystem 3 customer service menu (the one accessible by the red arrow in the Beo  4: MENU , then move the cursor to Options, then red arrow and GO) , then to screen configuration.  Set the screen type to generic and output resolution to 1920X1080. Try it first this way. If the synchronization is not correct, change the framelock setting.

When I repaired my Beovision 7 (which has a Beosystem 3 inside), I was able to check the video engine by connecting a computer screen to it with the second DVI output and it worked fine for an indefinite period of time. But the output resolution must be forced to 1920X1080.

So first check the screen settings in the menus before ordering an EDID emulator.

Good luck,

Jean

Stoobie
                  GOLD Member
                    • Topics Started 9
                    • Total Posts 91

If you do experiment with these settings, take photos of the current settings so you can restore them if you mess anything up.

Stoobie

Tignum
                    GOLD Member
                      • Netherlands
                      • Topics Started 17
                      • Total Posts 270

Hello and thanks for your reply. I am doing many and many and many trying from months, buto the problem is not solved. It seems i am not able to find the menu tou suggested. In “Options” i press “red arrow” and go, or “0 0 go”, but i really can not find the “screen configuration”. However, after many and many try, i can tell “EDID emulator” is not the solution. And i can tell the problem source seems to be “Playstation 4” connected to “Dvd source”. U did a “giant work” and i am very frustrating because this seems to be a very stupid setting problem able to destroy all mi job……

Hi emabonacchi, this is the text from the BS3 service manual:customer service menu

It is important that you only place the ‘cursor’ on ‘OPTION’. Don’t press go yet.  ‘OPTION’ only needs to be highlighted, then press the red button and GO. Hope this helps. I will try on my BS3 to reconfirm.

Regards, Johan

emabonacchi
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 9

Really?????

Well, i am using as “Display out” just a “Philips Tv”!!….. so i think maybe the problem is into this Tv!

All my sources (Decoder and Playstation) go into “Beovision 3” and then go out into “Philips Tv” via “Display out 1”. The strange thing is that source “Decoder” seems not to have this problem while the source “Playstation” have this problem.

Ravsted
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 3
                          • Total Posts 54

Well, as said the HDMI splitter fixed it for me. Many of these cheep splitters are known to remove the HDCP (copy protection).

You could try to disable HDCP in the Playstation Settings.

It will obviously prevent you from seeing some content but it could conclude that the problem is indeed HDCP / HDMI handshake related.

emabonacchi
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 9

Do you think if i connect a Playstation to the Hdmi in into the Tv and then from the Tv a “Toslink” cable goes into Beosystem3 i can hear a 5.1 audio? If “yes”, can you suggest me something about making it working?

emabonacchi
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 9

I think maybe i have solved….. I repeat “maybe” because i need to test the result a little more time.

I only have tested this for about half an houre but this seems to be success because in about 30 minutes, no problem while before, i had the monitor problem every 2 o 3 minutes.

First of all, scuse me for my bad english, but i want to share my experience hoping to be useful for someone trying to do the same thing.

No “edid emulator”, no “Hdmi splitter” needed, but a very strange thing called “Hdmi to Hdmi” powered by 12v and setting configuring in “Monitor”.

I have had this result after about 1 year trying everything in my mind.

I have added this strange thing “Hdmi to Hdmi” in exit from Beosystem to Hdmi input into Tv. The Tv is a “Philips” Tv 43′  (and i think the problem was about the Tv). After this, i have try every possible monitor out configuration in the “Option-> Connection->Monitor” on Beosystem3….. Starting from the first option in the menù and the first option in “resolution” and trying every configuration.

Well, i have found “B&o Monitor” “65 v7” resolution “1980” as the affordable configuration. No other configuration was affordable and i do not understand why. But the only thing i can say is that maybe i have solve my problem.

Next week i will give a try with more time. I hope my “new Beovision5” will be newly alive, beautiful as it was 22 years ago and ready to work again!!

Ravsted
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 3
                                • Total Posts 54

Fingers crossed… I hope you have successfully fixed the problem and that you now can enjoy the effort you put into this project. I write this message while I watch my own similar Beovision 5 upgraded TV. It got a LG 42″ LED and is still going strong after several years.

Once again – congratulations giving new live to a true B&O design icon.

Well done.

emabonacchi
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Total Posts 9

….no….. this was not the right way. But i think this time i am trying a new way offering good results. I am trying a device and maybe it can be the right one (i hope). My Beosystem 3 has a “Dvi” out to screen and i have placed a “powered” “Dvi to Hdmi converter”……. I am crossing fingers.

dmacri
                                  GOLD Member
                                    • Topics Started 4
                                    • Total Posts 6

I have a BS3 with DVI out and a BS3 with HDMI out. My current issue is with the HDMI out. It is intermittent, and seems to be resolved by switching input sources for a few moments. After that, it seems to remain stable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.