Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 3 screen out to Hdmi

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Tignum
    GOLD Member
      • Netherlands

Hi emabonacchi, I do use my BeoSystem 3 like that. The video inputs go into my LG OLED c9 (like an apple TV), the audio signal comes from the TV through its Toslink (optical), is then converted to S/PDIF digital coax, and fed into the BS3. Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound is supported.

The idea is to use the modern 4K TV as the ‘video hub’, and the BS3 (with its MasterLink capability) as the ‘audio hub’.

Regards, Johan

emabonacchi
      BRONZE Member

And how do you connect a Dvd reader? If you connect Dvd reader to Hdmi into Tv, are you sure the audio output from Tv to Beosystem3 is 5.1?

I suspect no but maybe i am in wrong….. I suspect Tv has not capabilities to offer 5.1 out.

Ravsted
        BRONZE Member

Depends on TV.

Some TVs do not pass multi channel audio from the HDMI ports to e.g toslink – others do.

Read TV documentation or give it a try … You’ll soon find out.

However … If your only problem is the periodically black screen which ONLY occurs when using the Playstation then I would get the HDMI splitter I proposed earlier instead of changing your whole setup.

emabonacchi
          BRONZE Member

Dear Ravsted, i have done the way you suggested me using an Hdmi splitter, but it seems not to be the right way for me.

However, i think you are in right telling not to change my whike setup. I did a great job and so i have to solve this last problem.

And using “Beosystem3” only for the audio, it means loosing control of the Beosystem menu options. No, thinking well about this, i am sure this is not the right thing…….

Beosystem must to be the main controller and i need to solve the problem in some way.

emabonacchi
            BRONZE Member

I think maybe i have solved….. I repeat “maybe” because i need to test the result a little more time.

I only have tested this for about half an houre but this seems to be success because in about 30 minutes, no problem while before, i had the monitor problem every 2 o 3 minutes.

First of all, scuse me for my bad english, but i want to share my experience hoping to be useful for someone trying to do the same thing.

No “edid emulator”, no “Hdmi splitter” needed, but a very strange thing called “Hdmi to Hdmi” powered by 12v and setting configuring in “Monitor”.

I have had this result after about 1 year trying everything in my mind.

I have added this strange thing “Hdmi to Hdmi” in exit from Beosystem to Hdmi input into Tv. The Tv is a “Philips” Tv 43′  (and i think the problem was about the Tv). After this, i have try every possible monitor out configuration in the “Option-> Connection->Monitor” on Beosystem3….. Starting from the first option in the menù and the first option in “resolution” and trying every configuration.

Well, i have found “B&o Monitor” “65 v7” resolution “1980” as the affordable configuration. No other configuration was affordable and i do not understand why. But the only thing i can say is that maybe i have solve my problem.

Next week i will give a try with more time. I hope my “new Beovision5” will be newly alive, beautiful as it was 22 years ago and ready to work again!!

Ravsted
              BRONZE Member

Fingers crossed… I hope you have successfully fixed the problem and that you now can enjoy the effort you put into this project. I write this message while I watch my own similar Beovision 5 upgraded TV. It got a LG 42″ LED and is still going strong after several years.

Once again – congratulations giving new live to a true B&O design icon.

Well done.

emabonacchi
                BRONZE Member

….no….. this was not the right way. But i think this time i am trying a new way offering good results. I am trying a device and maybe it can be the right one (i hope). My Beosystem 3 has a “Dvi” out to screen and i have placed a “powered” “Dvi to Hdmi converter”……. I am crossing fingers.

dmacri
                  GOLD Member

I’ve had a similar issue with my BS3 and LG OLED tv and the only work around I found was to switch input from my cable box input to my computer input for a moment and back again. After that, the video output is stable with less blackouts, until the next time I power up the system. I’ll be interested if you find an answer. Good luck.

emabonacchi
                    BRONZE Member

Dear friend, have you got like me a “Beosystem3” with “Dvi”out and so non with “Hdmi out”?…… In this case, finally, after about 3 years trying every possible way I think i have the “goal”!

dmacri
                      GOLD Member

I have a BS3 with DVI out and a BS3 with HDMI out. My current issue is with the HDMI out. It is intermittent, and seems to be resolved by switching input sources for a few moments. After that, it seems to remain stable.

emabonacchi
                        BRONZE Member

Try to set “Monitor out” to “B&o monitor” ant choosing “65 D7”, resolution higher.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.