Beosound Ouverture CD and Tape faulty

Home Forums The Workbench Beosound Ouverture CD and Tape faulty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark
      • Topics Started 52
      • Total Posts 643

I just got a faulty Beosund Ouverture. Radio, Aux, Masterlink and door mechanism is working fine, but the CD and Tape has some faults.

I have some other projects that has first priority, so not going to fix it just yet, but could be fine with some initial inputs on what the faults could be/ what parts I should get before starting to disassemble.

CD

The clamper will not open when I press load. I can hear a motor spinning, but no visible movement. I can lift the clamper by hand. I can see that a belt for the clamper is available as a spare part. could it just be that?

I have tried to insert a CD and start it, and the disc will start spinning. The display will show CD, but no sound. If I press one of the number keys the display will show CD and that number, but still no sound. Any Ideas to what that could be?

Tape

I I press tape with or without a tape inserted a motor will start spinning, but no movement of the tape reels. Could it be the tape belt that need replacement?

Other that that are there anything else I should look out for that are known to fail when I have it open, caps, belts for the glass doors etc?

Thanks in advance

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,050

(Based upon my experience with BC2300s)

I would replace all the belts including the glass door drive also as that one has to work quite hard!

It could also be worth checking that the Ouverture recognises every button on the keypad, as these have been know to fail (usually a complete row or column if the trace cracks).

I am not sure about the CD laser parts – possibly worth giving the lens a good clean and then test on partial re-assembly before putting your tools away!

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 52
          • Total Posts 643

Thanks for the input. I will defeneatly check all the buttons before I begin.

Could be great if the CD reading issue is just about cleaning. If anyone has other input in that regard it is very welcome

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 49
            • Total Posts 693

Cd clamper belt. Easy to diagnose, just remove the back.

Laser eye to be cleaned/replaced. Common fault.

Tape belt, common fault again. Full tutorial on the old forum, unfortunately with pictures missing. 2 hours work and quite an adventure but pretty sure that’s the fault (three Ouvertures, three time the problem).

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 52
              • Total Posts 643

Laser eye to be cleaned/replaced. Common fault.

Will try to clean it before I take anything apart to check if that helps.

ape belt, common fault again. Full tutorial on the old forum, unfortunately with pictures missing. 2 hours work and quite an adventure but pretty sure that’s the fault (three Ouvertures, three time the problem).

Thanks for the heads up about estimated time consumption 🙂

I found the thread here https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/26380.aspx

A google search for Beoworld Ouverture belt shows a thumbnail of one of the pictures in the search result.

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 16
                • Total Posts 1,050

I found the thread here https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/26380.aspx

All the pictures (as attachments) work for me in that thread. I am using Win10 and Google Chrome, if that’s a factor.

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark
                  • Topics Started 52
                  • Total Posts 643

It works for me too now that I see that the pictures are shown when clicking the links.

Thanks ?

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 49
                    • Total Posts 693

Yes pictures are available luckily.

The laser cleaning must be deep cleaning, meaning involving a full disassembly.

Madskp
                    GOLD Member
                      • Denmark
                      • Topics Started 52
                      • Total Posts 643

Ahh now I see what you mean. Found this thread with the video showing the cleaning https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/who-wants-his-beosound-9000-to-live-forever/#post-11109

Madskp
                      GOLD Member
                        • Denmark
                        • Topics Started 52
                        • Total Posts 643

Have no tried to do the deep cleaning of the laser and remounted the CD mechanism, but no luck. The CD starts spining and will sometimes just show CD, sometimes CD <> or CD 1, and then the disc stops spinning and the display just shows CD.

So now I am a little reluctant if I should try again or just buy a new laser unit for it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums The Workbench Beosound Ouverture CD and Tape faulty

• You must be logged in to create new topics.