Beosound 9000, how to fix the laser.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi guys,

Following a thread on faulty laser on a Beosound Century, member @filip_kbh posted this:

Two years ago, I had an adventure with a Beosound 9000. After a lot of mechanical work I ended up, as everybody, replacing the laser. It was a MK2 so still easy to source, but I kept the original lens.

Today I had troubles reading CD’s on an Ouverture (same laser lens) and thought it might worth to try. I dig out that old faulty laser eye (from the 9000) and cleaned it as the video shows. And guess what? IT WORKED !

It’s reading CD’s from start to finish for some hours now without any skip, jump or defect.

Th operation is tedious and need care, but it’s doable and pretty fast, a couple of hour from silence to spin.

Hope this will help…

filip_kbh
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 20
        • Total Posts 134

Glad that the video helped you. Hopefully it will be of use to many others, avoiding unnecessary replacement of the laser unit. Perhaps this thread could be renamed to “Beosound 9000 how to fix the laser” in order for more people to discover it.

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

Yes it should!

I also forgot to thank you, so, thank you.

Rajkumar-Cat
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 9

Hi this information video very interesting and useful. I have BS9000 it is working very well, I have another CD player with CDPRO2 transport laser problem unable to read CDs. I was left not used last 2 years. After watch this video last weekend, open transport and clean laser, unbelievable my CD transport start working well.

Since I have many CD player with Philps CDPRO1/2, also service manual and lot information’s out there. But first time I have seen how to remove laser suspension on laser cleaning on Philips CDPRO.  Rajkumar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds