Beoport/Beoplayer

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    beomaster11
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 16

Is there a way to add some radio stations of your own?

Where is the radio stations database and is it perhaps editable?

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

No simple way to edit as far as I know.

You could try navigating to: C:Users’User’AppDataRoamingBeoMediaDatabaseN.Radio

When I ran the .reg Registry update just now – at 2040hrs (on a fresh Beoplayer install) most of those files updated, and the Radiofile.DAT and Radiofile.IDX increase in size greatly.

B&O folder

If you open the Radiofile.DAT in notepad you will see the links to individual radio stations, but I am not sure how you would amend or add to them.

Guy
        BRONZE Member
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 1,044

Also, if you look at the post by Elephant in this thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/p/10475/90936.aspx#90936

… it indicates that registration of hardware is required in order to ‘unlock’ more stations.  Perhaps my desktop remembers that I have registered hardware in the past (buried in the registry somewhere!).

Guy
          BRONZE Member
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 16
            • Total Posts 1,044

Sorry but I don’t have anything else to suggest with regard to getting the extra radio stations to show!

However, I have now dug out my Beoport (Beolink PC2) and have tried setting it up with my PC (Windows 10 32-bit). I think that last time I had the Beoport working was about 2014 with my desktop running Windows 7.

I uninstalled Beoplayer, cleared the Registry entries and then re-installed Beoplayer. The installation notes say that you should wait until prompted to connect the USB cable from the Beoport to the PC. However, this prompt never happened, nor did the B&O Registration request that I remember from first setup. Consequently the computer does not seem to be recognising the Beoport, and the all-important ‘Advanced’ tab is missing from the Beoplayer CONFIG menu.

My first thought was a driver issue, but of course the PC won’t even try to download a driver until the USB connection is made. I did find a Beoport PC2 driver online, but it made no difference.

My second thought was a Windows 10 compatibility issue, so I tried setup with an old Vista powered laptop. This didn’t work either.

I suspect that there is supposed to be some sort of ‘handshake’ between the Beoplayer and a B&O ‘Beoportal’ that it no longer running, prior to connecting the Beoport. This could of course be related to the N.RADIO issue experienced by Beomaster11 above.

So does anyone have any expert knowledge about whether Beoport can be made to work in 2022?

(Please no comments about how it would be much better to use a more modern digital media system – I do have QNAP NAS and AirPort express for that – I am just trying to satisfy my curiosity!)

YannChris
              • Brittany, France
              • Topics Started 38
              • Total Posts 190

Guy,

At some time, you had to enable a sort of “accept non microsoft-signed drivers” function in Windows in order to have the Beo5/6 driver installed.

It’s maybe the same problem with Beoport, unfortunately I don’t remember how to do.

Just my 2 cents,

Yann.

Guy
              BRONZE Member
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 16
                • Total Posts 1,044

Thanks Yann – I’ll give that a go! (although I don’t think it’s actually getting to the driver installation phase, unless that is part of the Beoplayer install before the Beoport is connected, who knows??)

Guy
                BRONZE Member
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 16
                  • Total Posts 1,044

Tried again a few different options with/without driver pre-installed, and accepting non-signed.

I keep getting this message at the end of Beoplayer installation:

Registration failed

I do have internet connection (obviously!).

I read somewhere in the archived forum about a potential DNS conflict – if so is there any possible workaround?

Glitch
                    • Topics Started 19
                    • Total Posts 268

Do you also have a firewall?

Glitch

Guy
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Warwickshire, UK
                      • Topics Started 16
                      • Total Posts 1,044

Do you also have a firewall? Glitch

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried temporarily disabling the Windows firewall. I need to check/try the modem/router next.

roundhead
                        • Topics Started 7
                        • Total Posts 16

Is there a APPLE MAC  equivalent please?

Guy
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Warwickshire, UK
                          • Topics Started 16
                          • Total Posts 1,044

Is there a APPLE MAC equivalent please?

I don’t think that BeoPlayer was released for Mac, but have a look here: http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/index.html

Perhaps some Mac/Beoport users can confirm?

In the meantime, I will be re-attempting Beoplayer/Beoport PC installation later today! 😀

Guy
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Warwickshire, UK
                            • Topics Started 16
                            • Total Posts 1,044

I have re-attempted Beoplayer installation with all the firewalls disabled – no change.

During installation there is still no prompt to connect the Beoport USB. If I ignore the lack of prompt and connect the Beoport anyway (after Beoplayer installation), Windows installs the ‘device’ (driver etc) but then the Beoplayer black RHS sidebar appears but with no text, buttons or labels! This suggests a compatibility problem but I have trialled numerous options, including earlier Win7 compatibility modes and various display settings.

There is still no Beoport/Beoplayer ‘Registration’ prompt either. (I think that I once had a Username and/or Password as part of a Registration many years ago, but I cannot see a way of entering this.)

There is still no ‘Advanced’ tab with Beoplayer running, hence I cannot configure the Beoport even if the software recognised it.

Any ideas before it goes back in the box for another day? Is anyone actually using a Beoport successfully based upon a (much) earlier Beoplayer install?

Keith Saunders
                              • Hampshire, England
                              • Topics Started 28
                              • Total Posts 149

Any ideas before it goes back in the box for another day? Is anyone actually using a Beoport successfully based upon a (much) earlier Beoplayer install?

I have and use Beoport/Beoplayer on my 64 bit Windows 7 which works fine.

The only issues relate to the N-Radio where many of the stations are available to select, but never connect. In the UK selection all the BBC stations work and a few lesser known also work, but most just sit trying to connect which almost certainly means the linkage to the station was removed.

In fact back in 2005 I actually helped B&O debug their software and it took a long time before it became a useable product.

BnO

BnO 1

BnO 2

Guy
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Warwickshire, UK
                                • Topics Started 16
                                • Total Posts 1,044

Many thanks Keith – it’s useful to know that it’ll probably work if only I can get it installed and configured properly!

As mentioned, it would seem that the lack of registration means that the Beoport itself is not recognised, thus once Beoplayer is installed my CONFIG menu is missing the ‘Advanced’ tab where you would set up the hardware (Option settings etc).  I get no response whatsoever from Beo4 operation either .

Config Menu

If I run that .reg file that I mentioned, all the radio stations appear within about 30 seconds (many don’t work, as you have observed).  So Beoplayer itself seems fine, even on Win 10 32-bit.

So I suppose it’s possible that the Beoport Registration process itself is no longer possible – i.e no longer supported by B&O’s servers.  Since I last had Beoport working properly I have carried out a fresh Windows install (after fitting an SSD) , so it makes sense that I need to re-register.

So my supplementary question is:  When was the last time that anyone successfully carried out a fresh Beoplayer/Beoport installation with the registration process included?  Does anyone remember?

(And clearly I’d recommend anyone that is still using Beoport successfully not to carry out a fresh windows install, or to move to a new computer without checking that it works first!)

Lastly, if anyone out there does have a working Beoport and can test a fresh Beoplayer/Beoport installation on a separate computer (preferably Win 10) and report back then that would be much appreciated.

Keith Saunders
                                  • Hampshire, England
                                  • Topics Started 28
                                  • Total Posts 149

As mentioned, it would seem that the lack of registration means that the Beoport itself is not recognised, thus once Beoplayer is installed my CONFIG menu is missing the ‘Advanced’ tab where you would set up the hardware (Option settings etc). I get no response whatsoever from Beo4 operation either .

One question — Is your Beoport connected to your MasterLink system?
                                  The advanced tab is mainly associated with the MasterLink.

As you said when you registered a very long time ago via the registration URL it would have provided you with an encrypted username which is stored in the registry. So if you have a backup of your old system or of your old registry those items could be restored.

Keith..

patcherley
                                    • Hampshire
                                    • Topics Started 13
                                    • Total Posts 51

Back in June 2018 I had to reinstall Beoport PC on a Windows 10 PC and it wouldn’t register. This was the  response from B&O support at the time.

Actually, that service has been discontinued some time ago. So instead kindly follow the below procedure:

– Exit Beoport SW (rightclick icon in taskbar)
                                    – Please download this file and doubleclick it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42r2je36ibmujp0/N.Radio.reg?dl=0
                                    – Start Beoport SW

Regards Paul

Keith Saunders
                                      • Hampshire, England
                                      • Topics Started 28
                                      • Total Posts 149

Adding to Paul’s input the following are the registry entries

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareBang & OlufsenBeoPlayerN.Radio]
                                      “ViewSelection”=hex:00,01,02,03,04
                                      “BufferTime”=dword:00000005
                                      “ServerURL”=”http://nradio.beoplayer.com/nradiodata.asp”
                                      “UserId”=”60B1D8994C224AC69B91931AE710521A”
                                      “SoundIcons”=dword:00000001
                                      “EnableDebug”=dword:00000000

Guy
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Warwickshire, UK
                                        • Topics Started 16
                                        • Total Posts 1,044

One question — Is your Beoport connected to your MasterLink system? The advanced tab is mainly associated with the MasterLink.

I don’t have Masterlink connected, but it worked well previously without anything connected to the ML socket.

As you said when you registered a very long time ago via the registration URL it would have provided you with an encrypted username which is stored in the registry. So if you have a backup of your old system or of your old registry those items could be restored.

I just checked my registry backups and sadly they don’t go back far enough! 😟

Back in June 2018 I had to reinstall Beoport PC on a Windows 10 PC and it wouldn’t register. This was the  response from B&O support at the time.

Actually, that service has been discontinued some time ago. So instead kindly follow the below procedure:

– Exit Beoport SW (rightclick icon in taskbar)
                                        – Please download this file and doubleclick it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42r2je36ibmujp0/N.Radio.reg?dl=0
                                        – Start Beoport SW

Regards Paul

Hi Paul – thanks for the input. Yes I saw that Registry fix in the old forum and have tried applying it with no success. I assume that they meant you to ‘Exit Beoplayer …’ because there is no specific Beoport SW.

Adding to Paul’s input the following are the registry entries

Yes my Registry entries match those!

Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow … 🤔

Guy
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Warwickshire, UK
                                          • Topics Started 16
                                          • Total Posts 1,044

Update:

I raised a query with B&O support about the Beoport – specifically asking about the requirement for Registration. Here’s their response:

We would like to inform you that the registration should not be needed anymore, which was removed a long time ago. But just in case, we have attached a regfile, can you try to install it by double-clicking the file?

Also please check the device manager that the USB driver is properly installed. Officially, the Beoport is not supported by WIN10. This is a workaround that we suggest our customers try to see if it can work.

The .reg file that they forwarded was the same as that I had already tried, so that made no difference.  For me the .reg file just seems to trigger the full radio station update, rather than recognising the Beoport USB connection.

I think it may well be a ‘driver’ problem with Windows 10, and possibly specific to the 32-bit version. Although the driver that I installed shows up in Device Manager as Beolink PC2 (and the computer says that it is working properly) I am not totally confident that it is compatible, or the correct version.

I will go back to B&O support one final time to see if then can forward the most recent ‘driver’ – in the meantime if anyone knows of a reliable download location that would be much appreciated.

Edit:  For info, here are the details of the driver that I have been trying to use – it won’t update automatically but there must be a later version than March 2002 – can anyone help?

installed driver

patcherley
                                            • Hampshire
                                            • Topics Started 13
                                            • Total Posts 51

Guy,

My Beoport PC N.Radio worked fine on Windows 10 until the last update, about 2 weeks ago. Since then, though N.Music works and linked sources from my Eclipse also play, N.Radio does not play a station. Installed on an old Windows XP laptop and on  Windows xp virtual machine on Windows 10 it all works fine. So as you say a driver may need replacing or it is internal in the software using something that was unsupported and as now been replaced.

Paul

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds