Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beoplay V1 not turning on

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay V1 not turning on

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    alexsalles
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 0
      • Total Posts 10

Would this issue be on the T-CON board or video engine board ?( even tho it is functioning without image) and the remote not working can be a related or a side effect from the video engine as the IR sensor is attached to it?

Not really sure, but the fact that the IR board connects to the video engine makes it possible that it can be a fault on another board then the IR.

1- By another board you mean within the video engine board or another one?

Also on the room awareness module, there a dark spot on the side of a white thing, is that an indicator that it was blown or something?

It could be something. I can’t locate it on you pictures. Could you make a close up photo of that component?

This is the back part I missed attaching it. Is that component  that has “H CM . &” a capacitor?

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 805

1- By another board you mean within the video engine board or another one?

It was the video engine board I meant, but the connection could pass to other boards. Best thing to do might be to make the measurement i refered to from the servicemanual in my earlier post.

This is the back part I missed attaching it. Is that component  that has “H CM . &” a capacitor?

Hmmm I can’t really tell what type of component that is, and wheether the black is burnt or just how it is supposed to look. It tried to do a Google picture search on it, but with no relevant result.

alexsalles
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 10

Thanks @Madakp for the help.

So I connected the ethernet cable to it and I was able to turn it on via the b&o app, but there is no picture, I managed to play the radio and it works fine but all I see is black screen. And it still doesn’t respond to the remote.

Would this issue be on the T-CON board or video engine board ?( even tho it is functioning without image) and the remote not working can be a related or a side effect from the video engine as the IR sensor is attached to it?

I took some close ups of the boards. the back light one seems like there is some leaking around some parts (brown one and the big black piece) I noticed it today.

I havent checked voltages yet, I need to learn how to do that.

Also on the room awareness module, there a dark spot on the side of a white thing, is that an indicator  that it was blown or something?

alexsalles
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 10

So I measured it with the multimeter on DC on a screws on the board and on metal parts for ground on that pin number 4 on the P101. and the numbers are most of the time on close to zero it doesn’t seem to react to the remote at all.

just with the multimeter if the remote awareness was working by the time i touch the pin 4 it should be giving 5V and then go down to approx. 3.8v, correct when the colored buttons on the remote are pressed, right? not changing any value on the screen by touching or pushing the buttons on the remote means this awareness board is dead and probably the culprit?

The tv doesn’t need to be on, right? i didn’t turn it on for that test.

Thanks again  Madskp

alexsalles
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 10

The pin position was correct but then I tried with the mains plugged in and when I touched the pin with the multimeter something on the awareness board blew up. It still shows 5volts but now nothing changes as i screwed it up.

I dont l know for sure if I accidentally touched between the pins and it cause that but now I know for sure that awareness board is gone hahaha even smoke came from it. I found a board on ebay now 110euros with shipping.

at this point I dont even know if it’s worth fixing this tv. Was the problem something else on the video engine and now that I made that part blow up would it affect the video engine in case it was okay and the problem was really the awareness one?

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark
                • Topics Started 35
                • Total Posts 805

I tried with the mains plugged in and when I touched the pin with the multimeter something on the awareness board blew up

Sorry to hear that. Can you tell which component that blew up based on your pictures?

at this point I dont even know if it’s worth fixing this tv. Was the problem something else on the video engine and now that I made that part blow up would it affect the video engine in case it was okay and the problem was really the awareness one?

Hard to tell, but at least when you get the new PCB you will know if that was it or if it is the video engine part

alexsalles
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 10

IMG_7785IMG_7786I think it was this part I highlighted in red square. I have to take the black cover off to see for sure if it is only this component.

Fair, I’ll buy it and see how it goes. It’s the easier way to find out the origin of the issue. I’ll let know you the outcome after I install the new PCB58.

Thank you very much for your thorough help and advice! I would be lost without you.

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 47
                    • Total Posts 729

I would be lost without you.

This is Beoworld.

Madskp
                    GOLD Member
                      • Denmark
                      • Topics Started 35
                      • Total Posts 805

Depending on how easy it is to see the pin numbers direction it could be that you are counting the pins from the wrong direction?

Counting to pin 4 from the wrong direction seems to be a ground pin which will read 0V

IMG_9808
                      This test is only for checking if 5V drop to 3.8V, so I would expect a 5V reading.

But the could be problems before in the chain. Try to look at page 3.4 in the servicemanual. There is a flowchart with things to test where this is only part of it.

The TV has to be connected to mains for the test, and all internal  connections be intact, but as its part of a test for tv not turning on that should be it.

Madskp
                      GOLD Member
                        • Denmark
                        • Topics Started 35
                        • Total Posts 805

And BTW pin 5 is also ground so if you touch that while measuring you will probably also get 0V. Those small pins in these connectors are usually fididly to measure on

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay V1 not turning on

• You must be logged in to create new topics.