Beomaster 3300 + Beolink1000 ?

Home Forums Products Related Forums Vintage Products Beomaster 3300 + Beolink1000 ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

New to this forum and (relatively) new to fiddling with B&O products.

I acquired a gritty and dirty Beomaster 3300 and (I think) a Beolink1000 for a sixpack of beer this last weekend.

The Beomaster 3300 cleaned up nicelly with a damp cloth with detergent and lots of soft tissue and a toothpick to get the grit and dust of all corners and crevices. The lid-hinge was really badly dirty. It seemed to have been lubricated with some wax-like grease which was not solvable in a normal detergent so had to use a citric acid based lable remover (isopropyl alcohol did not work). I now looks great.

The unit turns on ok and seem to shift between the functions properly, but I have not connected it to speakers yet. I would expect to need to need to clean some potentiometers and maybe change a condensator or two. Will see. I dont know how these units age….

Is this remote a Beolink 1000 ?  (picture below)

The batteries where dated “Expiry 2006”, so I’m lucky only one had a (small) leak. I cleaned it up, and it looked ok. However, the Beomaster 3300 does not seem to react when I press buttons on the remote. Does the Beolink1000 need to be programmed some way to work with the Beomaster 3300? I am not entirely convinced it has been used together with this Beomaster3300, and as far as i read, the Beomaster 3300 was originally shipped with a Terminal 3000 remote, not a Beolink 1000.
      Is it possible to test or understand if the remote or the Beomaster3300 is at fault without having access to another Beomaster3300 system or another Beolink1000?

Capture

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.