Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 3300 + Beolink1000 ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BOUser
    BRONZE Member

New to this forum and (relatively) new to fiddling with B&O products.

I acquired a gritty and dirty Beomaster 3300 and (I think) a Beolink1000 for a sixpack of beer this last weekend.

The Beomaster 3300 cleaned up nicelly with a damp cloth with detergent and lots of soft tissue and a toothpick to get the grit and dust of all corners and crevices. The lid-hinge was really badly dirty. It seemed to have been lubricated with some wax-like grease which was not solvable in a normal detergent so had to use a citric acid based lable remover (isopropyl alcohol did not work). I now looks great.

The unit turns on ok and seem to shift between the functions properly, but I have not connected it to speakers yet. I would expect to need to need to clean some potentiometers and maybe change a condensator or two. Will see. I dont know how these units age….

Is this remote a Beolink 1000 ?  (picture below)

The batteries where dated “Expiry 2006”, so I’m lucky only one had a (small) leak. I cleaned it up, and it looked ok. However, the Beomaster 3300 does not seem to react when I press buttons on the remote. Does the Beolink1000 need to be programmed some way to work with the Beomaster 3300? I am not entirely convinced it has been used together with this Beomaster3300, and as far as i read, the Beomaster 3300 was originally shipped with a Terminal 3000 remote, not a Beolink 1000.
      Is it possible to test or understand if the remote or the Beomaster3300 is at fault without having access to another Beomaster3300 system or another Beolink1000?

Capture

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

The remote pictured is an Audio Terminal – the BeoLink1000 has a different button layout, most noticeably a LINK or LIGHT button as the top centre button.

The B&O Audio Terminal send the same IR codes as the BeoLink1000 which itself sends the same codes as the Terminal 3300 which was supplied with the BM3300.  Hence your remote should work with your system.

To check if the remote is transmitting, view the end with a smartphone camera and you should see faint lights (compare with a known working non-B&O remote).  On an iPhone, you may need to use the front facing selfie camera because the main camera may not detect IR.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

Firstly, I rotated your photo for ease!

Can you identify these remotes? What is the proper name for the working but for me useless ”video terminal” device?

They were initially all part of the Beolink 1000 family of remotes, and you can read about them here: https://beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=689

Would it [the V Terminal] be of use to anyone or is it only working with ancient thick CRT TVs?

The V.Terminal is probably mainly of interest to collectors (like me!)  It will work with modern TVs and audio systems as it has the same IR codes, but the sources are a bit limited.  That said, it is unusual to have a direct AUX button so some people may want it for ease of use with AUX sources.

If it is of use for any products still of interest I will place an ad for it. I guess I will put the others in the bin. They both bear witness of leaking batteries.

If you have no use for them I would probably put all but the right hand one on eBay, possibly as a job lot.  The V Terminal may attract a collector and the non-working remotes will be attractive for ‘spares or repair’.  Be honest in the description and maybe show photos of the battery compartments so that bidders know what they are getting.

BOUser
          BRONZE Member

Thanks, excellent advice.

The remote at the left is the stone dead device that came with my Beomaster3300.

I was lucky, and found a guy selling three remotes on Facebook Market. The one to the far right works perfect. It has buttons for CD, RADIO and A.TAPE and the volume buttons work. The IR LED’s are clearly visible using my iphone’s camera.

The second from left is stone dead. The third seem to work, the IR LED’s work, but there are no CD or Radio buttons so maybe this is a device that does not work to control radios?It is of course marked Video Terminal, which is a clue…

So, all in all, successful.
            Can you identify these remotes? What is the proper name for the working but for me useless ”video terminal” device?

Would it be of use to anyone or is it only working with ancient thick CRT TVs?

If it is of use for any products still of interest I will place an ad for it. I guess I will put the others in the bin. They both bear witness of leaking batteries.

xl972fu3zqf8s9xax11iq45brcz75rdf

Stoobie
            GOLD Member

Go here for a fix that might get the non working remotes to work.

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolink-1000-fix-possibly/

Stoobie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.