Beolink Active 1636 PC Input

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Beolink Active 1636 PC Input

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 1,239

One other thing that intrigues me is that some OneRemote documentation implies that the BL Active can be used stand-alone with the OneRemote radio as an input – look at the ‘tip’ in the diagram below: I wonder if the adaptor cable does something funny to make stand-alone operation possible?

I contacted OneRemote about stand-alone use of the BL Active as shown in the diagram on my earlier post. Here’s their response:

We know for certain that it works in at least some installations with an open-end ML socket.

When I got your question none of us was really certain, so we tried it in our lab. The guide was written many years ago.   The test showed that it did not work until we connected Beolink Active to a Masterlink source.

So, the answer is that sometimes it works.
      Our test Beolink Active has firmware 1.1 and this does not work.

My BL Active is SW1.1 also.  Leaving aside connection of a OneRemote source, it could be worth trying a later SW BL Active (1.3 or 1.5?) to see if that works stand-alone with a source to the PC input – anyone able to do so?

EDIT:  @madskp I just read back through the thread and saw that you were going to give it a try with SW1.6  – this may have been lost in the noise with the other ongoing experiments …

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 837
        Great with an answer from Oneremote, even though its not a clear answer.

My BL Active is SW1.1 also. Leaving aside connection of a OneRemote source, it could be worth trying a later SW BL Active (1.3 or 1.5?) to see if that works stand-alone with a source to the PC input – anyone able to do so?

my recent testings in this thread was with a BL Active SW 1.6, and that does not operate stand alone.

There could of course have been a version in between that was working differently.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,239

Many thanks – I missed that (and was typing my edit as you posted above!)

I am dubious that any version of Active worked stand-alone, but yes it was good of OneRemote to answer.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

An observation: If you disconnect the ML cable after initiating the BL Active with PC, the source will continue to play and you can adjust volume using remote or IR puck buttons, but you cannot turn off using either remote or buttons.

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 35
              • Total Posts 837

An observation: If you disconnect the ML cable after initiating the BL Active with PC, the source will continue to play and you can adjust volume using remote or IR puck buttons, but you cannot turn off using either remote or buttons.

Interesting observation. Maybe it’s only source selection and standby that needs Masterlink to work since volume control keeps working

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Beolink Active 1636 PC Input

• You must be logged in to create new topics.