Beoline ISDN pincode reset

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCom Beoline ISDN pincode reset

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    richard5
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 7

I’ve got a beoline ISDN base with 2 beocom 6000 handsets. I’ve removed one handset from the basestation trying to resolve a problem but foolishly found out that I need a pincode to connect it to the base again. I still have one connected handset. How does one retrieve or reset the pin? I can’t find any info on this in the regular manual. Any help is appreciated.

Keith Saunders
      BRONZE Member
        • Hampshire, England
        • Topics Started 23
        • Total Posts 154

What version of Beocom 6000 do you have, set diagram below — Mark 1 or 2

Handsets

richard5
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 7

Sorry for leaving that out, Mark 1.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 15
            • Total Posts 1,355

Keith must be busy otherwise I am sure he would have replied further.

Firstly have you tired the default pin of 0000? – always worth a try!

Otherwise, with a Mk1 BC6000 you may wish to try a reset of the base. You can do this as follows:

– Reset base: Press (dot) 7 000 8

Out of interest you can also reset the handset by pressing (dot) 7 000 9.

Be aware that your phonebook is probably stored on the base, so you may wish to note down important numbers first!

richard5
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 7

Thanks for the reply, was quietly waiting for the answer.

I wasn’t to worried for the phonebook so went ahead and reset the base. It did reset the base as the formerly connected phone now complains with “no signal” but the previously disconnected phone still won’t connect.

When selecting ‘register basestation’ it finds the base, I select it and it then asks for the pin. I enter 0000 and press OK. The handset then reports an error (which is similar when entering a different pincode). I wonder if 0000 is indeed the default pin or that the pincode has actually been reset.

Am I doing something wrong or might there be some other problem?

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 15
                • Total Posts 1,355

The Mk1 phones did have a problem with the RF chip that stopped them connecting, but given that at least one of your phones was working recently let’s hope that you can re-connect.

Have you tired resetting the handset as well using the (dot) 7 000 9 sequence?

Also recycle the power on the base unit – leave it off for 30 mins (or even overnight) before trying to reconnect.  Connection can be temperamental but others have had success by leaving it all powered down for a while, including the phone handsets themselves.

Make sure that the phones are fully charged when you try to reconnect also.

EDIT: This thread is a good example of perseverance reaping results:  https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beocom-6000-mk1-base-pin-code/

Keith Saunders
                BRONZE Member
                  • Hampshire, England
                  • Topics Started 23
                  • Total Posts 154

Richard,

In the Mark 1 Beocom 6000 the pin code was almost never used as intended.

Due to a software fault which was never fixed if the base thinks it has six phone connected it will also request the pin. This situation often happened where people would reset their phone for whatever reason, so it was not removed from the base. If you are sure that the base was reset then this is not your problem, but if as you say, the phone could not connect to the base I am not sure how the base could have been reset!

I suggest as a next step you unplug the batteries in each Beocom 6000 and replace the batteries in the other Beocom 6000 to ensure your problem is not related to one of the batteries.

The “No Signal” situation can be the RF chip, but it can also be the battery on the margin.

Keith..

richard5
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 7

Thanks for all your suggestions, one of the handsets was low on battery which might explain lost signal.

I will unplug the base overnight and make sure the handsets are properly charged and try again tomorrow.

Thanks, you guys are a lot better than official B&O support.

richard5
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 7

I’m very sorry to inform you that it didn’t work. Leaving it unplugged didn’t solve the issue. I’m now completely lost…

Guy
                        • Warwickshire, UK
                        • Topics Started 15
                        • Total Posts 1,355

Have you tried removing/replacing/charging the batteries in the handsets?  If fitting a brand new battery you should press 9 # 9 # 9 * 6 5 5 OK in order to let the phone know it is charging a new battery.

Can I also check how you are trying to connect?  I haven’t used my ISDN for a while, but I think that it is only ‘open for registration’ for a minute or so after connecting the power.  (This is unlike the PSTN bases which have a physical button to press to open registration)

EDIT:  I checked the manual – there is also a light on the rear of the ISDN that flashes whilst open for registration – is this happening?

A further thought that might enable you to test the handsets:  If your internet modem/router has built in DECT (many do), then you may be able to connect your Beocom 6000s straight to it cordlessly without using the B&O ISDN base. I have used Beocom 6000s like this in the past (with a German router) – there will be reduced functionality but calls in/out should work fine.  At least this would check that the handsets work.

richard5
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 1
                          • Total Posts 7

Yes, I know of the ISDN typical behaviour. I toggle the power before trying to connect while the led is blinking.

I’ve tried the code you mentioned, it did do something and tried to reconnect to the base but without any improvement. Still the same error, not the right pin. The other handset can’t connect either now because of the reset of the base which somehow didn’t reset the pin to 0000.

My internet modem does not have DECT, might try to buy another base which also supports VOIP. I currently use a Fritzbox modem just to be able to use the ISDN base.

Does anyone have any experience connecting a Beocom to a (Siemens) Gigaset DECT base?

Guy
                            • Warwickshire, UK
                            • Topics Started 15
                            • Total Posts 1,355

You could also look for a replacement ISDN – they are quite cheap now that support is dropping in many countries.  Alternatively could you swap for a PSTN and still connect to your current router?

What country are you in?

EDIT:  I meant to add that I would still persevere with the current equipment.  As Keith pointed out, lack of connection and the pin request can be related to the Base thinking that too many handsets are connected.  However, if the base was indeed reset then this problem would have cleared.  I have found that brand new batteries can resolve Beocom 6000 problems, and you need to wait for a while (for them to charge) after pressing that key sequence.

richard5
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 7

If I swap the Base it would be for a VOIP enabled device. I currently use a Fritzbox to route PSTN and VOIP to an ISDN out into the Beoline. I used to have an ISDN landline for remote dial-in to work but that has been gone a long time.

I’ve found a Gigaset 510 IP device for less than 100 euro that would do those things without a problem which means ditching the Fritzbox and the Beoline. But I would like to know if I could still connect the Beocom’s to that base.

I’m in the Netherlands.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.