Beocom 6000 MK1 Base pin code

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi alls (and Guy!),

I have a Beocom 6000 which was previously working flawlessly.
      After reading a recent thread about registering the handset directly to the internet box I started to play with it. With no luck but not a big deal…

After that I needed to register the handset again with the original PSTN pyramid base but the handset is asking for a pin code. I tried 0000 but id didn’t work, leading to an “error” display. The thing is I do not remember haven ever entered any pin code when registering it the first time.

I have another handset which is known to have the issue with the faulty chip and it do not find the base. As the first handset do see it, I assume it is not that common issue.

So, is there a way to find the pin code or “hard”reset it (it dont work via phone menu)?

Or is it the first symptom of the degrading chip?

(Why did I mess with this thing when it was working? It’s all your fault forum people!)    🙂

Thanks in advance.

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

Evening!

How frustrating!!!  As the person who posted about connecting directly to a router I feel somewhat responsible!

Maybe try resetting the handset before then trying to register:

If a Mk1 (no INT button) press (dot) 7 000 9

If a Mk2 (with INT button) the Service Menu:  9#9#9*INT allows you to reset the handset.

Otherwise, try a reset followed by leaving the handset on the charging pyramid base.  (Logically a PIN should only be required if the handset and PSTN are physically separated, hence worth a try!)

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

No worries Guy,

I wasn’t actually using it daily. It’s more I hate things that dont work when they have too.

It’s a MK1. Ive tried reset and register again. It’s still asking for the pincode, and 0000still doesn’t work.

As for your last suggestion: It’s not easy to do because the actual PSTN base was torn appart.
          The pyramid hull has become a charging base for my moded Beocom 6000 bluetooth handset. The internal electronic is in a technical cabinet where it serves as emitter wired to  the phone socket of the Internet box and a second charging base serves as charging base for the 6000 handset.

I can put it all back together but it’s complicated and what I do not understand is how you can manipulate the keyboard when the handset is on its base. I rather not to do that if its not the solution.

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 48
            • Total Posts 689

Further investigations:

I tried to register the handset, this time looking carefully to the numbers shown:

I recognized the Beocom base PSTN number > entered 0000 as pincode > got error.

Reset the handset. disconnect the PSTN Base PSU.

Tried to pair with the Internet box:

Saw a different PSTN number > entered the known pincode > Got error again.

Reset the handset, tried again with Beocom PSTN base after it had no power for several minutes. Got same error as above.

In the administration page of my box a DECT1 handset shown briefly.

I believe the handset is faulty like he can see bases but is unable to communicate with them.

Does it make sense?

Guy
            BRONZE Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,044

Yes they can be temperamental – sometimes you just have to keep trying!

Maybe in the menu of your internet box you can disable the DECT? Perhaps there is interference between that and the PSTN?

matador
                • Paris France
                • Topics Started 48
                • Total Posts 689

DECT can’t be deactivated.

Is it possible the HS see the base because it can receive data but can’t register the pincode because it’s unable to send data due to faulty RF chip ?

Guy
                BRONZE Member
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 16
                  • Total Posts 1,044

In my experience a faulty RF chip just gives a ‘no signal’ message

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 48
                    • Total Posts 689

Yes they can be temperamental – sometimes you just have to keep trying!

“Temperamental”, that’s the word: this morning, out of the blue and just unplugging the base from the box, the handset and the base started to chat again. Without any registering procedure or pincode. Landline is up and running again and I wont touch anything anytime soon.

Thank you Guy for the help and support.

Guy
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Warwickshire, UK
                      • Topics Started 16
                      • Total Posts 1,044

Great news!  Well done for persevering!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds