Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beocord vx5000

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord vx5000

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    jvezina
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 43

Goos morning.

Yes, it was available along with the MX-5000 television (followed by the MX-5500). I still have mine but it is not functional. I have to finish the capacitor replacement when I have time (not a priority). I used it a lot with the TV but it was plagued with the bad capacitor problem described above. Super VHS was a definite improvement over VHS.

Regards,

Jean

filip_kbh
      BRONZE Member
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 13
        • Total Posts 148

Was the VX 5000 available as S-VHS in the US?

I have seen multiple pictures online sporting the S-VHS logo and also this ‘review’ from Hi-Fi Stereo Review mentioned it is S-VHS.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 13.46.01

filip_kbh
        BRONZE Member
          • Copenhagen
          • Topics Started 13
          • Total Posts 148

Strange that we would only get the normal/standard VHS version in Denmark/Europe – but perhaps it was because S-VHS never really took off here.

filip_kbh
          BRONZE Member
            • Copenhagen
            • Topics Started 13
            • Total Posts 148

So, I got the belt for the capstan motor. The great news is that the tape loads, the counter counts, the VU meters work, fast forward, rewind and eject work BUT the bad news is that the speed is changing and there are dropouts on the Hi-Fi track. Is there known error for this? I closed the deck and tightened the screws, so I did not check if the bolt is attached to the guiding pole which was mentioned in the old thread about how to repair the VX 5000. I guess I will need to open it to see if that bolt has come lose and is hidden somewhere in the machine.

filip_kbh
            BRONZE Member
              • Copenhagen
              • Topics Started 13
              • Total Posts 148

And … there is a broken piece of plastic in the insert/eject mechanism :/

I wonder if it can be epoxy’d together ….

But of course that will not fix the speed fluctuations.

Skærmbillede 2023-06-23 kl. 20.03.38

gpv
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 7
                • Total Posts 54

vx5000 repair update.
                Yesterday I connected the vx5000 to the stereo system and I noticed that the audio of one channel is audible low.
                Do you know if there is a trimmer to adjust the audio balance?.
                Else what could be the problem?

Die_Bogener
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 241

There is a small board on the right side vertical on the lower mainboard. This makes the playback sound.

Never (!!!) change B&O adjustments, it will become only worse.

…and yes, it’s a cap problem.

VX5000/5500 and 7000 have the same loading gear. The 7000 has a better material, usually stronger.

gpv
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 7
                    • Total Posts 54

Thanks for the answer but I changed all the capacitors, maybe the old owner has calibrated it or a capacitor I changed is faulty but which one ……?

Would this be highlighted in the photo?IMG_20230506_084758-scaled

Die_Bogener
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 241

This is the board for sound playback.

But… the lower mainboard is still defect. Why not done?

All these caps are dead and will destroy all and everything with acid. It’s the complete drive control…

gpv
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 7
                        • Total Posts 54

Thank you. The photo is taken before the replacement of the capacitors, now they are all new and 105°.

While the sound card you mention I haven’t replaced anything yet, now I’ll do it right away

gpv
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 7
                          • Total Posts 54

Update, as the problem persists I’m inspecting the top board as I think the problem is there. It will be some ruined track or a weld.
                          Then I got a V8000 beocord to repair, black screen.
                          I can’t find the service manual by any chance does anyone have one?

Guy
                            • Warwickshire, UK
                            • Topics Started 14
                            • Total Posts 1,233

Then I got a V8000 beocord to repair, black screen.
                            I can’t find the service manual by any chance does anyone have one?

It’s available on Beoworld (Main Web Site) for Silver and Gold Members!

gpv
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 7
                              • Total Posts 54

ok thank you

gpv
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 7
                                • Total Posts 54

I’m going crazy with this vx5000, everything seems ok but the right channel feels lower.
                                Who can help us?

gpv
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 7
                                  • Total Posts 54

While playing any cassette, I also tried with a new one. Set to linear Left channel is heard with less bass… . I replaced the capacitors. Would the card you say be the one highlighted in the photo? Do I have to replace the capacitors there too?vx5000-scheda-scaled

gpv
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 7
                                    • Total Posts 54

Update.
                                    I noticed that the channel balance does not work, turning left or right you hear on both speakers. Left with lower volume and right with higher volume………..

Die_Bogener
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 2
                                      • Total Posts 241

Different sound level:

• during playback?
                                      • during input from scart decoder?
                                      • after recording?
                                      • from tuner?
                                      • old and checked tapes?
                                      • 2-channel sound L1 and L2 and Linear?
                                      • Head amp caps replaced? There is a sound track amp… box behind the head…

gpv
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 7
                                        • Total Posts 54

I fixed it, it was a broken trail on the top board isolating a capacitor.
                                        Last problem are the vu meters only one works, I can’t figure out where they are connected on the schematic.

filip_kbh
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Copenhagen
                                          • Topics Started 13
                                          • Total Posts 148

As you may remember from above, I had a broken drive gear. I tried to epoxy it but either my epoxy has turned bad or it was not mixed in the right ratio – in any case it was not strong enough. But, hey – the Internet and YouTube came to my rescue. I tried the – new to me – old trick of using super glue and dipping it in baking soda. Incredibly, it turns hard as stone instantly and the part was again useable. Wow!

Here’s a picture:
                                          gear

But I still have a problem with the loading mechanism, and I think it is because I may not have assembled it correctly – perhaps the spring in the drive gear is the problem? The symptoms are:

1. the mechanism seems to be locked in the right side, so I can’t get the machine to accept a tape.
                                          2. if I manually turn the big white wheel under the machine – called the clutch assembly – the mechanism is not locked. The tape moves in a bit and the machine happily engages the loading motor and accepts the tape.

Die_Bogener
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 2
                                            • Total Posts 241

The metall box is the head amp.

Important for noisy pictures and missing sound. It decodes Picture and Sound from the tape… just tape playback and record.

If sound is bad even from AV decoder input, it’s something else defect, not the head amp. (VTAPE – Shift 7 for input….). Worth testing…

But… the front panel has 2 linear potis for recording. And 2x mini 1uF or 10uF caps exactly for recording left/right next to the potis…

As i said, the VX5000 has a lot of caps inside…

Have you made the digital unit already? Can you activate this unit? MX5000 or MX5500?

There are a lot of them in a very special size of RM 2,5mm … very special and really very hard to get in this size. RM2,5 is usually no problem, it’s the mechanical size of them, some are bipolar… that’s why they are red now 😉

All video signal runs through this unit, even if no digital effect is used. Just pass through…

The small board above is the text overlay for the menu. Already done? RGB working? The size is there more than critical, every millimeter counts… i use meanwhile SMD R7y bipolar caps for the RGB unit…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord vx5000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.