Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beoconnect Core with HDMI (e)ARC

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoConnect Beoconnect Core with HDMI (e)ARC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Razlaw
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 135

In the US the BCC is only $50, less than 5%, more than the Core.  For that minimal price increase one receives the updated Mozart technology with all of the sound adjustments it offers in a form factor that appears to be better quality.
      According to the following link, yes, the Essence remote works with it.

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/23151966177553-How-can-I-interact-with-Beoconnect-Core

ebnrob
      BRONZE Member
        • UK
        • Topics Started 6
        • Total Posts 51

Features that I think are missing from this new core:

Separate optical and analogue-in connectors.

Buttons on the device for play/pause, Next/Prev & Join

WISA transmitter

IR input

An option to have a core with built-in amp would be good – like the Wiim Amp. I have a core feeding an old beolink passive amp via powelink, so such a device could replace both.

Personally I don’t see the value of the HDMI input without an integrated surround decoder & multiple powerlink outs for channel assignment.

bs206
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 2

I’m interesting if it can control a LG tv with Beo remote 1, using the HDMI-CEC.

Otherwise can the comm port also used for ethernet linking the LG panel, like the Stage….

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
          BRONZE Member
            • Toronto, Canada
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 215

I think the reason it doesn’t have WISA is that you need to keep the WiFi and WISA antennas pretty far apart and since this thing is made out of aluminum other than the top (glass?) there is no space for both transmitters.

Sandyb
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 374

The BCC product sheet says “limited control for 3rd party TVs” with BR1.

No separate / specific mention of LG.

ebnrob
              BRONZE Member
                • UK
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 51

The BCC product sheet says “limited control for 3rd party TVs” with BR1. No separate / specific mention of LG.

Must just be HDMI CEC control then.

ebnrob
                BRONZE Member
                  • UK
                  • Topics Started 6
                  • Total Posts 51

I think the reason it doesn’t have WISA is that you need to keep the WiFi and WISA antennas pretty far apart and since this thing is made out of aluminum other than the top (glass?) there is no space for both transmitters.

Almando did it in a bigger plastic box (looks like the essence case):
                  https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=17263

This Almando box, with the addition of Mozart, is what the new core with hdmi input should have been.

bs206
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 2

The BCC product sheet says “limited control for 3rd party TVs” with BR1. No separate / specific mention of LG.

Curious how it works in practice, channel choice including numeric and volume would be fantastic.

Stan
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 14
                      • Total Posts 163

I believe the Stage can do this – limited control of limited set-top boxes via CEC when paired with a subset of LG TVs (Cs, Gs and Zs) – so why not the BCC.  The interesting part is that the Stage requires an ethernet cable connection between the Stage and TV whereas I’m not seeing this as required for the BCC.

kirin
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 2
                        • Total Posts 66

Wow, tough crowd here… This is almost EXACTLY what I wishing for yesterday morning as I was trying to find the right audio solution for our newly remodeled bedroom[…]

Hello all,

haha, this is similar what I have the last days! I wanted to modernize a non B&O TV set which I have next to the (still well running!) BeoV 7. I will buy a new TV for that room but want to improve first the sound. As the Beosound Theatre increased in its price by 40% I have no interest any more and came across the Loewe Soundbar:

https://www.loewe.de/en/audio/dolby-atmosmultiroom-sound/dolby-atmos/klang-bar3-mr/70600

It has exactly these features which I was till searching for, HDMI (e)ARC, control via one remote, additional plugs for active LS like our Beolabs.

Yes, drawback: using a B&O remote and control of a stand is missing

EDIT: and here a video about the features (in German) – it could be a solution working together with Beolabs

Razlaw
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 7
                          • Total Posts 135

Dealer says my BCC should arrive this coming week. ?

kirin
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 2
                            • Total Posts 66

I’m looking forward to your first impressions!

kirin
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 2
                              • Total Posts 66

Wow, tough crowd here… This is almost EXACTLY what I wishing for yesterday morning as I was trying to find the right audio solution for our newly remodeled bedroom[…]

Hello all,

this is similar what I have the last days! I wanted to modernize a non B&O TV set which I have next to the (still well running!) BeoV 7. I will buy a new TV for that room but want to improve first the sound. As the Beosound Theatre increased in its price by 40% I have no interest any more and came across the Loewe Soundbar:

https://www.loewe.de/en/audio/dolby-atmosmultiroom-sound/dolby-atmos/klang-bar3-mr/70600

It has exactly these features which I was till searching for, HDMI (e)ARC, control via one remote, additional plugs for active LS like our Beolabs.

Yes, drawback: using a B&O remote and control of a stand is missing

Razlaw
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 7
                                • Total Posts 135

I’m looking forward to your first impressions!

So am I!

Will be using it with my BL1s.

Mjoelnir
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Total Posts 9

In the press pictures, the Beoconnect Core is always displayed together with a pair Beolab 18s and a Beogram turntable of the 4000 series. Beolab 18s without cables, that is… These are exactly the products I have, and as I would like to have the Beolab 18s work wirelessly, I was very excited about the news of the Beoconnect Core. Even though I bought everything less than a month ago, I was willing to replace my Core by a new one. Now I read that this is actually a hoax, and my wireless Beolab 18s will always be bound to cables? Not cool.

ebnrob
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • UK
                                    • Topics Started 6
                                    • Total Posts 51

In the press pictures, the Beoconnect Core is always displayed together with a pair Beolab 18s and a Beogram turntable of the 4000 series. Beolab 18s without cables, that is… These are exactly the products I have, and as I would like to have the Beolab 18s work wirelessly, I was very excited about the news of the Beoconnect Core. Even though I bought everything less than a month ago, I was willing to replace my Core by a new one. Now I read that this is actually a hoax, and my wireless Beolab 18s will always be bound to cables? Not cool.

You could buy a Beolab Transmitter 1 to make your connection from the core wireless to the beolab 18s. They are relatively inexpensive on eBay.

Mjoelnir
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 1
                                      • Total Posts 9

Yet another ugly plastic box and another power cable? That’s not really B&O like. Why did B&O actually never upgrade the Beolab 18 to WLAN in its 10 year life span? That would have been the obvious thing to do.

Millemissen
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Flensborg————Danmark
                                        • Topics Started 21
                                        • Total Posts 1,038

@Mjoelnir
                                        You could – maybe – hope and wish for a new speaker in the BL18 range.
                                        I can not imagine, that they would ‘upgrade the BL18 to WLAN’.

N.B.
                                        And in that case you would not need a BCC.

MM

ebnrob
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • UK
                                          • Topics Started 6
                                          • Total Posts 51

Yet another ugly plastic box and another power cable? That’s not really B&O like. Why did B&O actually never upgrade the Beolab 18 to WLAN in its 10 year life span? That would have been the obvious thing to do.

I prefer speakers as speakers. Connected tech and services become obsolete or are discontinued very quickly. The powerlink input allows one to upgrade the streaming box and keep the same speakers.

gbertsch
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 1
                                            • Total Posts 8

Do we know if the BR1 can control a third-party TV via the BCC, similar to LG/B&O integration, or are there limitations?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoConnect Beoconnect Core with HDMI (e)ARC

• You must be logged in to create new topics.