Beoconnect Core with HDMI (e)ARC

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beoconnect Core with HDMI (e)ARC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Rick74
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 2

It looks like the successor to the Beosound Core has arrived:
      https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/int/accessories/beoconnect-core

OlivierC
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 14

Finally! 😀

So many questions.

What’s doing more / differently compared to the BS Core, other than being based on Mozart platform instead of ASE?

The site states that’s the bridge between legacy and current products but it is not clear as it’s referring to turntables and speakers, not music systems.
        Would it avoid the need of intermediate converters?

What about controlling a non-B&O / non-LG tv set with BR1?
        Would it work for volume control only or more?
        I presume it is supporting stereo sound only.
        It would mean e.g. a pair of BL18 but what if a BL19 is added to the mix?

Is there an improved DAC compared to BS Core?

Olivier

OlivierC
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 14

Finally! 😀

So many questions.

What’s doing more / differently compared to the BS Core, other than being based on Mozart platform instead of ASE?

The site states that’s the bridge between legacy and current products but it is not clear as it’s referring to turntables and speakers, not music systems.
          Would it avoid the need of intermediate converters?

What about controlling a non-B&O / non-LG tv set with BR1?
          Would it work for volume control only or more?
          I presume it is supporting stereo sound only.
          It would mean e.g. a pair of BL18 but what if a BL19 is added to the mix?

Is there an improved DAC compared to BS Core?

Olivier

DT79
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 39

This could be what I’ve been waiting for, but all those questions definitely need to be answered! It’s hard to believe it ought to cost £1k, but I’m not surprised.

Sandyb
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 293

Yep, no processing (from a TV) of anything more than plain old 2.0.

Wasn’t expecting much more, but shame it doesnt do some surround processing nor have WISA to allow connecting more than one pair of BL’s.

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg/Danmark
                • Topics Started 27
                • Total Posts 806

Oh no!

A (Mozart) Core with a HDMI/eARC connection.

With only 2 channels support 🤔
                Where did the most important speaker for tv viewing – the center – go?
                Not that I expected TrueImage processing built-in – but this really is too ordinary.

And the CEC support – will that bring control of the tv/the connected AppleTV….
                ….as Mbee asks?
                Or is the future two remotes on the table?
                Only a visit in a B&O store can clarify that…I guess.

P.S.
                I’ll stick to my trusted Essence MK2 boxes for 2 channel music/radio listening and my Theatre for tv/movie watching with great multichannel sound.

MM

matteventu
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 56

Disappointed that it doesn’t have WiSA transmitter built-in, given the price (£999 / $1150). And that there’s no surround support – it would have been nice given the addition of HDMI ARC.

But what disappoints me the most… No optical or aux output whatsoever.

beojeff
                    • Topics Started 10
                    • Total Posts 191

I do think that B&O is going a little overboard in hyping it as a solution for a home theater. It’s certainly no Beosound Theatre. Still, the added HDMI connectivity is a nice feature for the slight price increase. For me, I could see it as a solution for a non-B&O small tv that I have in the kitchen. I currently have it connected to a Beosystem 3 for connection to 2 Beolab 4000 speakers and an Apple TV. That’s then connected to an NL/ML converter to integrate with the rest of my B&O. This small box could replace all of that and allow control via CEC of an Apple TV connected directly to the non-B&O tv. It has its place for a simple setup solution.

beojeff
                      • Topics Started 10
                      • Total Posts 191

I do think that B&O is going a little overboard in hyping it as a solution for a home theater. It’s certainly no Beosound Theatre. Still, the added HDMI connectivity is a nice feature for the slight price increase. For me, I could see it as a solution for a non-B&O small tv that I have in the kitchen. I currently have it connected to a Beosystem 3 for connection to 2 Beolab 4000 speakers and an Apple TV. That’s then connected to an NL/ML converter to integrate with the rest of my B&O. This small box could replace all of that and allow control via CEC of an Apple TV connected directly to the non-B&O tv. It has its place for a simple setup solution.

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg/Danmark
                        • Topics Started 27
                        • Total Posts 806

It has USB Audio out….which is digital.

MM

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg/Danmark
                          • Topics Started 27
                          • Total Posts 806

It has USB Audio out….which is digital.

MM

Millemissen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Flensborg/Danmark
                            • Topics Started 27
                            • Total Posts 806

As you might have noticed, I am an advocate for a center channel with a tv.
                            Having only L and R speakers corrupts the sound image, when you are off axis….when you are more people than ‘the one guy without friends’ sitting in the money seat.
                            If I were to use it with a tv, I would get the BL7.x, which would be more suitable with a screen (and also is a good speaker for music in a kitchen).

The ability to use the BROne for controlling the tv/AppleTV (CEC) still has to be proven!

MM

Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg/Danmark
                              • Topics Started 27
                              • Total Posts 806

As you might have noticed, I am an advocate for a center channel with a tv.
                              Having only L and R speakers corrupts the sound image, when you are off axis….when you are more people than ‘the one guy without friends’ sitting in the money seat.
                              If I were to use it with a tv, I would get the BL7.x, which would be more suitable with a screen (and also is a good speaker for music in a kitchen).

The ability to use the BROne for controlling the tv/AppleTV (CEC) still has to be proven!

MM

DT79
                                • Topics Started 6
                                • Total Posts 39
                                Yep, after looking more closely at the spec this appears to be a real missed opportunity. If it has HDMI ARC and costs £1k then why no multi-channel,  why no WiSA and why oh why always so stingy with the inputs. Also it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they could have implemented their active room correction in such a device as well.

Oh no! A (Mozart) Core with a HDMI/eARC connection. With only 2 channels support 🤔 Where did the most important speaker for tv viewing – the center – go? Not that I expected TrueImage processing built-in – but this really is too ordinary. And the CEC support – will that bring control of the tv/the connected AppleTV…. ….as Mbee asks? Or is the future two remotes on the table? Only a visit in a B&O store can clarify that…I guess. P.S. I’ll stick to my trusted Essence MK2 boxes for 2 channel music/radio listening and my Theatre for tv/movie watching with great multichannel sound. MM

DT79
                                  • Topics Started 6
                                  • Total Posts 39
                                  Yep, after looking more closely at the spec this appears to be a real missed opportunity. If it has HDMI ARC and costs £1k then why no multi-channel,  why no WiSA and why oh why always so stingy with the inputs. Also it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they could have implemented their active room correction in such a device as well.

Oh no! A (Mozart) Core with a HDMI/eARC connection. With only 2 channels support 🤔 Where did the most important speaker for tv viewing – the center – go? Not that I expected TrueImage processing built-in – but this really is too ordinary. And the CEC support – will that bring control of the tv/the connected AppleTV…. ….as Mbee asks? Or is the future two remotes on the table? Only a visit in a B&O store can clarify that…I guess. P.S. I’ll stick to my trusted Essence MK2 boxes for 2 channel music/radio listening and my Theatre for tv/movie watching with great multichannel sound. MM

beojeff
                                    • Topics Started 10
                                    • Total Posts 191

I suspect that the tv’s internal speaker could be used for the center channel. Such a speaker could hardly keep up with the quality of beolabs, though.

At least we have 3 levels of options: Core, Stage, and Theatre to fit our needs. It would now be nice to see some improvements to the Stage.

beojeff
                                      • Topics Started 10
                                      • Total Posts 191

I suspect that the tv’s internal speaker could be used for the center channel. Such a speaker could hardly keep up with the quality of beolabs, though.

At least we have 3 levels of options: Core, Stage, and Theatre to fit our needs. It would now be nice to see some improvements to the Stage.

DT79
                                        • Topics Started 6
                                        • Total Posts 39
                                        I just think there’s an obvious opportunity for a device for people who already have a TV and multi-channel Beolab speakers. And possibly more than one other audio source.

I suspect that the tv’s internal speaker could be used for the center channel. Such a speaker could hardly keep up with the quality of beolabs, though. At least we have 3 levels of options: Core, Stage, and Theatre to fit our needs. It would now be nice to see some improvements to the Stage.

DT79
                                          • Topics Started 6
                                          • Total Posts 39
                                          I just think there’s an obvious opportunity for a device for people who already have a TV and multi-channel Beolab speakers. And possibly more than one other audio source.

I suspect that the tv’s internal speaker could be used for the center channel. Such a speaker could hardly keep up with the quality of beolabs, though. At least we have 3 levels of options: Core, Stage, and Theatre to fit our needs. It would now be nice to see some improvements to the Stage.

beojeff
                                            • Topics Started 10
                                            • Total Posts 191
                                            Indeed. Yet, look at the price point compared to the Beosystem 3 and Beosystem 4.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds