Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tanel
BRONZE MemberHey! Oh, looks like I wasn’t subscribed to the topic and missed the question.
I don’t have a picture of the back side of the board, but there is no much of a back side to it, just the edge. I’ll add before picture, there one can see what connects with what.And another picture with the cloth restored, Christmas style 🙂
Didn’t use clue, just double sided tape on the back of the edges. Very stretchy fabric, so quite forgiving to apply.And one more experience from working with these boxes. For a long time noticed that both my S45-2 pairs sounded like having a gain threshold on bass, it was punching through on low frequencies but somehow lacked the character and smoothness in low end. All the bass kinda sounded the same from double bass to synths and sounded uneasy. Decided to look into the box again, and realised I had stuffed the back of the woofer too tight. Now properly lined the filling to the walls only, and thinner on the back wall. It brought back the good flow of the bass. Can say there may be a just a tiny bit less of that very low frequencies now but certainly sounds better all together.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.15 April 2025 at 19:44 in reply to: Mini XLR connectors as speaker terminals on the Beomaster 1900? #65146Tanel
BRONZE MemberThanks for sharing Martin!
Could it be the original cables have degraded so bad it sounds that much quieter?
I have two sets of original wires, and the difference compared to the new 2mm² ones I made is night and day.
I don’t care much for the numbers but I can hear a big difference.Aftermarket female plugs that fit to the original speaker terminals actually broke apart inside. Wire clamping metal pice was forged together with the part that makes the actual connection. It all came loose after a little while.
So, certainly happy with the SpeakOn connectors on the speaker side, feels solid, and perfect fit with no cabinet modification to the S45-2.Tanel
BRONZE MemberI guess I cured it after all, went over some solder joints that looked suspicious and there you go…
Tanel
BRONZE MemberBeovox S45-2 sounds real nice with 1900. Got original cables with my speakers, but changing to new and thicker cables made a notable difference.
-
AuthorPosts