Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Where are my PMs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mexking
    BRONZE Member
      • Mexico city
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 53

I can log in to the archived forums but no pics there, nearly all of my threads are worthless without pics. 2012 we had the same problem but asking Keith he would bring back the pics asking thread for thread, I then had the disaster with Photobucket, I brought back nearly all the pics, just missing a few threads when this happened. When the archived forums came on here I went there with the idea to save all my threads somewhere else, but again no pics. And as Martin I miss my PMs. Disappointed.

Dillen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 591

Where are my PMs?
        I cannot login to the old forum, and I must admit being more than a little disappointed.
        I understand that hackers was a serious problem in the old forum, and that something had to be done,
        but closing it down without any notice was wrong in my opinion.

Not even I – a forum moderator – was informed until several days later.
        Not a chance to stop or move communications. Is it all lost now?

Martin

sonavor
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 64

Yes, this is pretty disappointing.
          Is the “Archive Forum 2012-2022” a work in progress or is it done?
          As it is today, the photos that go with the Workbench threads on how restoration/repairs were done are missing.  I had quite a lot of image content on some of those threads and they are necessary to understand what the thread text is talking about.

I also had a lot of useful information in PMs with other forum members.
          Is that going to eventually be restored or is that gone as well?

-sonavor

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,233

Hi Keith,

Not all the photos with the Archive Forum are showing as links.  As an example see my post here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/189/345429.aspx#345429

Screenshot (68)

It should have several photos that I had uploaded to ‘my files’ first – perhaps that’s the problem?

mexking
            BRONZE Member
              • Mexico city
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 53

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/11357.aspx?PageIndex=4

My threads has pics from “my files” I tried several threads and no pics showing

stefan
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 8

Where are my PMs? I cannot login to the old forum, and I must admit being more than a little disappointed. I understand that hackers was a serious problem in the old forum, and that something had to be done, but closing it down without any notice was wrong in my opinion. Not even I – a forum moderator – was informed until several days later. Not a chance to stop or move communications. Is it all lost now? Martin

+1!

Stefan

hcraig244
                SILVER Member
                  • Topics Started 7
                  • Total Posts 197

I can see and click on the links to the pictures in my archived threads……I think they are all there?

Keith Saunders
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Hampshire, England
                    • Topics Started 23
                    • Total Posts 154

I can log in to the archived forums but no pics there, nearly all of my threads are worthless without threads. 2012 we had the same problem but asking Keith he would bring back the pics asking thread for thread, I then had the disaster with Photobucket, I brought back nearly all the pics, just missing a few threads when this happened. When the archived forums came on here I went there with the idea to save all my threads somewhere else, but again no pics. And as Martin I miss my PMs. Disappointed.

No images are missing from the latest archive forum, but if an image was in a post it is now attached. Just click the attached image to view it as belowexample

chartz
                    GOLD Member
                      • Burgundy
                      • Topics Started 3
                      • Total Posts 219

Same here: most of my old posts and threads have no pictures left.

I would like to see my old conversations like Martin too. Lots of contacts will be lost unfortunately.

Jacques

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    • You must be logged in to create new topics.