What are you working on now?

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tignum
    GOLD Member
    • Netherlands
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 117

That BeoGram looks superb Leosgonewild!

Evan
    GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 51

Looking forward to seeing/reading some more on this project.

Hey Pepps – I’ll write up a thread on it in a little while (have many more photos). I’m in the home stretch and just might finish it this weekend!

However I will tease one thing… Yesterday I did embark on the re-foaming of the midrange drivers. Mission was successful.

IMG_0558

Evan
    GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 51

Last night was a late one with sparse meetings which means doing conference calls from the workbench in the garage. In between some of them I designed a new table stand last night to hold a BeoLab 4000 horizontally. Should be done printing when I get home.

If it fits / works well I’ll make the design available if anyone is interested.

BL4K Stand Iso View Stand OnlyBL4K Stand Bottom ViewBL4K Stand Side ViewBL4K Stand Iso View

Tignum
    GOLD Member
    • Netherlands
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 117

Looks cool Evan! Will you make use of the ribbed backside of the BL4000s so the position angle can be varied (or will it rely on gravity and friction).

Johan

Evan
    GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 51

Thanks, Johan! I’m very pleased that it worked on the first iteration. It does indeed have a groove that fits between two of the heatsink fins. It gives a bit of flexibility to the angle. The only thing I might change is its overall angle, I think its too far laid on its back as the on-axis high frequency is reduced quite a bit compared to it standing up vertically as I had before. At any rate, it fits and works great. Check it out:

IMG_0616

IMG_0609IMG_0608IMG_0615IMG_0610

kirin
    GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 0
    • Total Posts 23

That is a great constructional work, good looking as well!

Evan
    GOLD Member
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 51

Cheers, Kirin! Thank you very much.

For anyone interested in printing their own, I have made the design available HERE.

When I have the time I’ll make another design available where it is more upright with the speakers that are more on-axis.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 20 hours ago by Evan.
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.