Weird format issue with beovision avant 28 mkI type 8111

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Weird format issue with beovision avant 28 mkI type 8111

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stediddi
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 4

Hello everyone! I’m having a weird issue with this tv (got it for free really randomly, never had a b&o crt before, love the quality but it’s a pain to setup). So, I’m having difficulties understanding the formats. The 5th and the 6th formats are for 4:3 and 16:9. I’m pretty sure that the previous owner touched stuff, because the geometries are a bit weird, nothing that cannot be fixed within the service menu, but apart from that there is a big issue: some of the left side is not showing in 4:3 while in 16:9 you have a complete picture. (I’m attaching some images to show the issue, on the 4:3 one you can see that “kenshiro” is a but cut, on the 16:9 is all complete)

After this huge premise, does anyone know any possible fix?

I’m using now a ps2 in rgb with hokuto no Ken, but I’ve tried the same thing with the Wii and the 240p suite and I have the same issue (Yes, I want to mainly use it for retrogaming)

Thank you all ❤️MicrosoftTeams-image-24-scaled

MicrosoftTeams-image-25-scaled

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

HI and welcome to Beoworld!

There is some sort of phenomenon known as ‘RGB shift’ that has been discussed previously on this Forum – it sounds like what you are experiencing.

It was discussed a little here:  https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/p/5006/45087.aspx

But there may be more threads if you do a more comprehensive search – look in AV forums also.

EDIT:  Also mentioned here: https://www.avforums.com/threads/is-there-a-way-to-correct-rgb-shift.58589/

From memory I think it can be corrected in the service menu ( I vaguely remember trying), but will probably cause issues with other format (non-RGB) inputs, if you use them.

Guy
        BRONZE Member
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 1,044

I think that this is the thread that I remembered (about an older Beovision) with advice about changing the HPHASE setting for an RGB input:  https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/p/42536/309485.aspx

stediddi
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 4

Thank you so much for answering! Unfortunately the Hphase only moves the image position horizontally on the screen, not the image itself (I thought aswell that it was a RGB Centering matter). I’ve just noticed that in the service manual there is another parameter that I need to move in order to center the image, but I couldn’t find it (I’ve opened it up searching for knobs inside but I couldn’t find anything). Do you/anyone have any clue on how to do this? (the matter is explained in the image attached 🙂 )HPhase_Beovision

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds