Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

wanted motor for casettedeck Ouverture 4000

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Wanted wanted motor for casettedeck Ouverture 4000

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Riverhead Studios
    BRONZE Member
      • New Zealand
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

I am a newbie here – I have a Beosound Ouverture 4000, and according to the repair person it needs a new motor for the casettedeck, as it makes a squealing sound when a tape is playing and then the casettedeck stops and unit switches off.

I live in New Zealand, how do I find or get a new motor? Any equivalent replacements possible?

Kind regards, robert@riverheadstudios.co.nz

solderon29
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 27

So,is it an Ouverture or perhaps a Beocenter 4000?

Both feature cassette decks but are quite different beasts.

Might save some time and help the guy if we can establish that,right?

Nick

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,233

The BeoSound Ouverture was called BeoSound 4000 outside of Europe, as explained here: https://beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=952

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 47
            • Total Posts 729

Exactly.

solderon29
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 27

Is Ouverture 4000 a model?

The cassette motor in the Ouverture is not usually a “squeaker”,but may have been put under strain by having an incorrect drive belt fitted at some stage?

Contact Martin Olsen,member “dillen” here.Martin has vast knowledge of vintage B&O,and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of salvaged part’s too!

Nick

matador
                • Paris France
                • Topics Started 47
                • Total Posts 729

Is Ouverture 4000 a model?

C’mon, I think we can be forgiving there, Bang & Olufsen being the first to have numerous confusing model names, right?

Riverhead Studios
                BRONZE Member
                  • New Zealand
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 3

Apologies for the model description, the manual book says Beosound Ouverture. I know in Europe it is called Beosound 4000.

Perhaps anybody with a link to the person that can help me to locate a working casette mechanism/motor , please contact me. My repair person from the official B&O dealer in New Zealand has taken 7 months to tell me he may have located one, but that is not yet confirmed.

I will try to find Martin Olsen, member “dillen” but as a new member I am learning to navigate through all this new stuff.

The cassette deck motor has likely been under some strain as a piece of tape got jammed between the capstan roller, almost out of sight for a few hours before I discovered that piece of tape stuck.

I bought it secondhand, previous owner never played tapes, so when I played my first tape on it it was kind of sticky – presumably years of dust – and got wound around the pinch roller. The repair person at B&O dealer removed the tape wound around the roller , but apparently missed a little bit, which I found after a few hours of play.

Since then it played for a while  – long or short – before stopping with a squealing sound. Dropped the unit off at the dealer again, and now 7 months later – some good news but nothing yet confirmed.

The cassette mechanism seems a trouble some piece of engineering, as all Beosound Ouverture models handed in for repair at B&O here in NZ have no working cassette mechanism.

Appreciate your responses.

Kindest regards

Robert van de Voort

solderon29
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 27

It’s a good mechanism,but the weak link is the rubber belt which perishes with age.

The replacement type/size is crucial too,and Martin can almost certainly help with that too.

http://www.beoparts.com.

Now we have established the machine type,I can dig among my own salvaged parts,but I don’t remember having one of those motors spare.

Nick

Riverhead Studios
                    BRONZE Member
                      • New Zealand
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 3

The belt is here and ready to be replaced, only the motor seems to be the issue to be replaced.

All other belts and moving parts in the Beosound Ouverture are checked and ok according to the technician.

Thank you all for your kind assistance so far.Cheers

Robert

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Wanted wanted motor for casettedeck Ouverture 4000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.