Update of Beovision 7

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Update of Beovision 7

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rudiriis
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 5

Hi

If you have a Beovision 7 and want to update your TV to a new one, we have made a solution for this.

We call the solution for Neo 7 and the adapter for BM 7 Adapter.

This allows you to add a new TV – LG, Samsung, Loewe, Sony or Philips.

You can still control the whole setup with your Beo 4 or Remote One and you can still move the Beovision stand with the remote,

The sound is transferred from the TV to the Beolab 7.x digital via Tosling.

So, updating gives you a whole new setup

Read more at

https://neomesteren.dk/en/produkter/bm-7-adapter

We hope you will enjoy the Beovision again

Best regards Rudi

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 15
        • Total Posts 1,355

This looks very interesting – I have just read through all the details on the site including the installation instructions.

I have one question:  How does the BM7 adapter control the TV?  Having itself received 455 kHz IR commands from the B&O remote, does the adapter then transmit a new 38kHz IR signal to control the TV?

Furthermore, if as you suggest the adapter box is sited behind the TV (for aesthetic reasons), are there any problems with a typical TV receiving the 38kHz IR signal?

Rudiriis
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 5

Hi,

One of the tasks the BM 7 Adapter does, is to receive the IR signal from the B&O remote and translate this to the IR signal to the TV. I can tell, every TV has own command set, so you choose the TV by a setup command from the B&O remote.

We have implemented hardware to send very strong signal to the TV – actually I have seen at B&O dealers (who sell our product) that every TV in the room react to the signal, so this is not a problem.

We have also added 2 receivers for IR signal from the B&O remote – one at each site of the box to get the signal.

Sunshine is the most difficult part with IR, as this will interfere – but normally TV’s are not close to windows (with sun), as you can not see the screen then 🙂

Normally the IR – in general – is running very well.

Best regards Rudi

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 15
            • Total Posts 1,355

Many thanks for that further information Rudi.

I am not in the market for a new TV at the moment, but once my BV10-32 fails (or I want something bigger) I’ll certainly consider a 2nd hand BV7 stand, Beolab and the BM7 adaptor.

To be honest the stand turning function is the main reason that I have not already switched to a non-B&O TV.  And the sound quality, and the Beo4 … ?

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 15
              • Total Posts 1,355

Rudi,

Another question: Any plans to add PUC control for STBs? Perhaps this could just be a software update as the hardware (IR receivers/transmitters) is already present.

Rudiriis
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 2
                • Total Posts 5

This is a very good idea !

What kind of products do you expect is the most important, as the list is long if we start from the top…

Others, what is most important – Apple TV etc

Rudi

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 15
                  • Total Posts 1,355

The only external box that I am currently using is Apple TV.  I have previously used Humax boxes, both Freesat and Freeview, but most modern TVs have DVB-T2 built in so I’d only need something if I wished to record.

Here in UK the popular subscription services often have STBs, such as SkyQ, Virgin Media TiVO, BT YouView.  I don’t use any of these so I am not even sure if they all have IR remotes.

There may be people with BluRay players that would want these included.

If new STBs could be downloaded (like the later B&O downloadable PUC tables) I would image that users would find this very useful

martinRK
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 14

In Denmark, PUC controls for Yousee tv box would be great (Humax YS5000 and YS4000)

kirin
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 69

Hello,

this is indeed a good idea to put all of this into a clean and working product! I would be interested whether you support – or plan to – a 5.1 beolab setup like any other Beo7 (or Beosystem 3). Maybe one would have to buy an external decoder and feed its input by HDMI ARC or something like that?

Best regards

drmichi
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 3
                        • Total Posts 13

Very cool! I am very tempted to buy the Neo 7 just to have the TV rotate function…

IMG_7602

Some years ago I have manually mounted a wall bracket to my Samsung UE55ES6880 to the old TV stand of Beovision 7.. For sure it’s not balanced properly, I had to manually fix the tilt function 😉IMG_4231

Since the TV is already very old, I will most likely wait for an OLED 4K and then make the switch to Neo 7..

kirin
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 2
                          • Total Posts 69

Hi drmichi, could you show some details how you did connect the wall mount of the screen to the stand?

Thanks !

drmichi
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 3
                            • Total Posts 13

Just drilled holes into wallmount and added some washers.

56590C2B-07D9-40D4-8C83-4B7EE2EA3F79

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.