Universal Link Adapter

Home Forums The Workbench Universal Link Adapter

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    B3OHACK3R
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 61

Thanks Guy, interesting input. Can’t validate that with the BC9500, unfortunately.

One cool addition to my setup here.
      Have a modern LG OLED TV connected to a BS3 (which only handles audio) and a few BeoLabs.
      Once I switch on the LG TV, my little ML adapter box notices that and automatically switches on the BS3 on the correct source as well. If the LG turn off, it will also turn off the BS3…

B3OHACK3R
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 61

Thanks 🙂

The beauty with that RJ45-ML adapter thing is that it can be made quickly and at pretty low cost.
        I don’t really see this for the DIN based PL connectors using a similar approach.

Madskp
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 53
          • Total Posts 609

You would have two independent controls but could probably work if you also send a DL command to set a fixed volume.

Most Beocenters/Beomasters have the ability to store a preset start-up volume, which should alleviate this problem.

But also very interesting if it actually is possible to send such things as datalink commands.

@B3OHACK3R do you have some kind of overview of what actually is possible to do with datalink commands besides the obvies like play/pause, stop, standby, fw/rw and so on?

Madskp
            • Denmark
            • Topics Started 53
            • Total Posts 609

Obviously you can do everything that is also possible in an option 2:0 setup with a (2-way) video master.

That makes sense. A beomaster/beocenter in option 0 should be able to get all remote commands from a connected tv in option 2 via datalink

What I currently don’t exactly know is if it’s possible to send local control commands like volume, treble, bass etc. via datalink in an option 1 setup. Haven’t looked into that yet.

Yes thats interesting if the Beomaster/Beocenter does not react to all commands on datalink if it is in option 1

B3OHACK3R
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 61

If the music system is in option 0 and you request a source through datalink it will start up in “muted” state. In that case volume commands are not transmitted through DL as this usually happens in the option 2 master device.
              Volume on the DL / ML port is always at fixed level.

On the 1611 PL socket only pin 4 is used. Likely as a wake up signal. No PL data signals are used in the 1611.

Regarding that volume issue was more thinking of a stand-alone scenario where you are using the AAL port to feed an external source into the music system. Then you would have to deal with two independent volume controls – unless you could send a certain local volume command via DL before playback starts.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds