The best choice for your first B&O speaker?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Evan
      • San Francisco
      • Topics Started 11
      • Total Posts 114

I’ve never heard the original BeoSound 1 but this is motivating me to do so. I’ve always loved the antenna and button design.

I would say for B&O newcomers, the actual speakers themselves might be the best. By that I mean something from the BeoVox range so they can connect them up to whatever receiver/amps they have already.

Originally what came to my mind was BeoVox S45.2 but I also agree with the BeoVox RL60.2. Both provide epic playback experience and excellent value when either pair could be had for ~$200 US.

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

I’ve never heard the original BeoSound 1 but this is motivating me to do so. I’ve always loved the antenna and button design.

Make the most of it while we still get FM radio here in UK (even in Wales!) And you can make the antenna rise and fall remotely with the Green button on the Beo4 – what fun! 😁

Stereomensch
          • Topics Started 27
          • Total Posts 104

We should have one thing in mind, starters usually don’t have the skills and knowledge (and time) to overhaul a former state of the art speaker. Older speakers have often broken surrounds, and stuff like that. Forumers tend to suggest speakers like the Pentas. But for an absolute beginner, this speaker could be a nightmare. Young fellows are not used to fix things, they know to download an update. 😀

To refoam 4 woofers of an Redline 140 pair is tricky and not an easy exercise. So, the task of refoaming 8 midrange speakers of the Penta must be a torture for a beginner.

To rebuild an ABr passive unit is another horrible thing people should avoid.

That’s why I think a fair suggestion would be the redline 60,2; Beovox S 45 (first generation). These speakers are affordable and easy to get. You don’t see speakers like Beovox 5000 MK III often on ebay, maybe twice in a decade. 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds