Struer Visit June 26 – July 10 / 2023: Who to talk to at B&O?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums LifeStyle BeoPeople Struer Visit June 26 – July 10 / 2023: Who to talk to at B&O?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    T.W.G
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 43

Dear B&O fans,

I’m in Denmark now and convinced my family that daddy MUST visit the holy halls of Bang & Olufsen in Struer 🙂

Maybe there are some other Beoworld members that would like to visit Bang & Olufen headquarters, too?

Does anybody know if this is possible if I’m just stopping by there with my family or does it have to be a bigger group?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 24
        • Total Posts 1,084
        T.W.G
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 43

Thank you Millemissen.
          According to the site the kids unfortunately must be mininum 12years old for the factory tour. 🙁

Tignum
          GOLD Member
            • Netherlands
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 377

Hi TWG, the museum is also very nice!

Johan

T.W.G
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 43

both sold out, danish and english factory tour. 🙁 A little too late to the party. Damn!!!*

*in my native language I know much better words to express my bad mood 😉

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                • Topics Started 54
                • Total Posts 371

Hi TWG,

The B&O factory tour and museum are an essential pilgrimage for any true Beofan, I hope you are able to get to see the museum in Struer, even if you can’t get to B&O.

As well as the usual B&O sights, I recommend taking a short drive across to Bremdal (the next village to Struer) to visit the excellent store that Morten and Viggo run there.  They also have a vintage B&O store on the same street, which is an amazing place.  They have run the B&O store for 3 generations and their family B&O collection is one of the best private B&O collections in the world (they have over 1,000 items, including 500 Beolit radios!)

Den Glade Pingvin (The Happy Penguin) is the best bar is Struer and recently has new owners.  The food is superb!  If you get the chance to see the sunset over Struer harbour, that can be a lovely sight.

Enjoy your visit!

Kind regards, Steve.

Peter the Biker
                GOLD Member
                  • Eastwestfalia
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 56

Before you visit the store, be warned. Unless you get there by bicycle your purse will be lighter and your car heavier. ?

kirin
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 69

Before you visit the store, be warned. Unless you get there by bicycle your purse will be lighter and your car heavier. ?

Haha 🙂

I remember the ancient thread in the old forum where I wished to have the opportunity to be sometimes part of such a delegation of Beoworld forum members. I was also impressed by your travel by bike 🙂

kirin
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 69

PS @T.W.G.: unfortunately, being located in Bavaria it will be difficult to join. I wish you good luck, maybe you can convince anybody to stay in the cafe or you might get free spots on a Wartelist. Otherwise we have to go on collecting things and setting up proper museums at home and share them in the Flash-your-B&O thread!

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg————Danmark
                        • Topics Started 24
                        • Total Posts 1,084

I guess you all know that there is relatively little production going on in ‘the holy halls’ in Struer nowadays.

Surely it is interesting to see how they work with aluminium (and colours) in the Fab5/Fabrik 5.
                        However – if you are interested in the history of Bang & Olufsen – the Struer Museum should be the right place to go to (open on weekdays except for monday from 11-17).
                        That should be interesting enough for the whole family.

If you want an insight in the current B&O, this video – that Steve made last summer – could be interesting.

MM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.